Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Page Hijack

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Makitso
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Page Hijack

When on the forum and logged in, while trying to read a page, the page will just jump to a new
window from Googlesyndication labeled "SafeFrame Container" displaying a blank page.
See attachment
I am using a Window 7 64 bit OS with IE 11. This started several weeks ago and only happens
on this forum. This is happening more frequently to the point I can't use the forum.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:53 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not exactly a hijack but it would appear to me your browser is not handling the requests correctly and I'd wonder if you're using custom settings or 3rd party software. This is the first report that I'm aware of from within the network. Also, CorvetteForum is far from being Google's only user. Googlesyndication is a legitimate service from Google. I suppose you could have malware. But I'd suggest clearing browser's cache fully, noting if CorvetteForum is bookmark/favorite that you may need to adjust settings so the browser will not preserve bookmark/favorite data, and possibly resetting IE's settings. Next would be your security software, which hopefully you have since it's not built into 7.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Makitso
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 124 Posts

Thanks JT
I use CCleaner to keep the cookies on sites I frequent and delete those I don't.
I deleted the cookies, logged in, saved them again in CCleaner and problem appears fixed. :cheers

Get notified of new replies

To Page Hijack

Quick Reply: Page Hijack