Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Two annoying things I'd like to fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts
Default Two annoying things I'd like to fix

1) There's a new pop-up banner in the lower right corner of the screen that says "Ask a Question" if I'm not logged in. This seems to be new in the last few months and is very annoying to have to keep closing it. Can this be changed?

2) After I log in, I keep getting the "CHECK OUT WHAT'S NEW" pop up screen. I thought once I went through all 4 pages it would leave me alone but it just keeps coming back. Can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-04-2018, 07:34 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
1) There's a new pop-up banner in the lower right corner of the screen that says "Ask a Question" if I'm not logged in. This seems to be new in the last few months and is very annoying to have to keep closing it. Can this be changed?
That is normal behavior and likely won't change. It's also not new. It is for new members. Obviously, new members would visit as not logged in since they don't have an account. There is virtually no way to differentiate between you, a 3-year term member, and someone new when both visit as not logged in. If you don't want to dismiss the Ask a Question box, then the answer is to remain logged in. If not, you're going to get the Ask a Question. It is there because one of the commonly most asked questions is how to join and/or participate.

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
2) After I log in, I keep getting the "CHECK OUT WHAT'S NEW" pop up screen. I thought once I went through all 4 pages it would leave me alone but it just keeps coming back. Can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Joe
Did you dismiss the notice? You must dismiss the notice for it to clear. However, it will return if you continue to Log Out since it's also cookie-based as is the Ask a Question box.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
That is normal behavior and likely won't change. It's also not new. It is for new members. Obviously, new members would visit as not logged in since they don't have an account. There is virtually no way to differentiate between you, a 3-year term member, and someone new when both visit as not logged in. If you don't want to dismiss the Ask a Question box, then the answer is to remain logged in. If not, you're going to get the Ask a Question. It is there because one of the commonly most asked questions is how to join and/or participate.

Did you dismiss the notice? You must dismiss the notice for it to clear. However, it will return if you continue to Log Out since it's also cookie-based as is the Ask a Question box.
Well I appreciate the help but looks like it's two annoying things that can't be changed. I tried.

Get notified of new replies

To Two annoying things I'd like to fix

Quick Reply: Two annoying things I'd like to fix