In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Sad Story...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Vette4Lyfe
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Sad Story...

I hope I'm not breaking the rules posting about a non forum member...

Anyways, my father had a brother who was almost 16 years older than him and they shared the same interests and such. So my father decided to buy a 2007 corvette vert just in the beginning of June. He wanted to call over his brother who was at his home country (India) to Canada so they could enjoy the corvette together and go somewhere with our family for the summer. Anyways, he made plans and was going to come next summer because he had a business to run in India which is now international because we have the same business here in Canada. So we were excited that he would show up next summer...

My grandmother (father's mother) was in the hospital when we bought the car because her knee needed surgery. Then on June 8th we went to visit her at the hospital and stayed for a couple hours and watched the lady next to her pass away because of old age. Later on went to my aunt's house (father's sister) to eat dinner. Then just as we were getting settled and having fun we received a call from India and it was my cousin (father's brother's son) and he told us something terrible happened. Turned out my father's brother passed away in his sleep at the young age of 57. He was very active and never smoked, drank or did drugs. We were in shock and immediately relatives and family friends came to comfort us. I never have seen my father cry at all or my aunt and I was really sad by the news considering I was very close with my father's brother. Anyways now they couldn't share the experience of owning a vette together. My grandmother was still in the hospital and she didn't know that her son had passed. A couple days went by and on her return home, we tried to make up an excuse that my father's brother was very sick but my aunt completely lost it and told my grandmother the truth. My grandmother was in complete shock and her blood pressure was rising but she calmed down after a couple months of crying. My cousin (father's brother's daughter) was vacationing in Las Vegas with some friends and we tried to make up an excuse that her father was very sick but then we decided to tell her the truth and she completely lost it. She couldn't walk, talk or eat at all and my father and her went to India to go to the funeral. My father couldn't stop hugging his lost brother's body and was completely in unstable condition. There was more than 3,000 people at his funeral because he was a loving and caring man who everyone adored.

I wanted to share this because it's the time to enjoy now and do the things you love with your family. Tomorrow could never show up, so take the time and spend it with your family. Live like there will be no tomorrow is what I am trying to say.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 AM
tdbarnes
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Condolences and prayers to you and your family. TDB
Old 09-03-2008, 10:22 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette4Lyfe
I wanted to share this because it's the time to enjoy now and do the things you love with your family. Tomorrow could never show up, so take the time and spend it with your family. Live like there will be no tomorrow is what I am trying to say.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to your family.. I agree 100% enjoy your family & friends while they are hear.. Drive your car don't keep it on a shelf, enjoy life you never know how long it will last you only get 1 chance..
-=Rick
Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Vette4Lyfe
Racer

Thanks guys^^, we are very devastated over the loss, we had so many things planned but now all that is worthless... I just hope there is a heaven and he is doing well up there.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 PM
synjones
5th Gear

I have gone through the forum its interesting,I felt that its a sad story.The relation between brother and sister which you have mentioned is interesting.I feel that now every think is ok and you all are enjoying.
________________________________________ _________
neu verlieben cowboy boots
Old 10-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

I am very sad for you and your family. It sounds like your father and his brother shared a very special bond, and that his brother was a very special person. I am sure that spirit will live on in your father, and you as well my friend.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Vette4Lyfe
Racer

Thankyou everyone for your kind words, these replies really help me feel better over this terrible loss.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:04 PM
gmc's88vette
Instructor

I am saddend by your loss. Life is never long enough for those who love you and are loved by you. Keep your loved one in you heart and mind and they will never really be gone. Memories are life never ending. I agree, stay close to the ones you love so regrets will be few. Peace be with you and your father.

Get notified of new replies

To Sad Story...

Quick Reply: Sad Story...