In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Shaun Lunt, RIP my dear son!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HIRISC, your insights are appreciated. And Swammy, thanks for your thoughts. All of you guys are so great.

HIRISC, It's interesting that Shaun admired the two ladies that your refer to, that perished in the Mooney airplane soon thereafter, for giving their time and efforts to help the Good Samaritans ((an organization that donates medical services to needy countries)). He never mentioned that he, also, contributed his medical skills as a physician to villages in Mexico all at his own expense.

He was an incredible person ... (never had a drink of alcohol in his life) ... and had the highest moral standards of anyone I know. And, yet, he was an absolute 'hoot' to be around. He enjoyed the good and wholesome things in life. He was the kind of person I aspire to be.

This is the last picture I have of him. He sent me this picture soon after arriving in Alaska relaxing on a rock bar on the Knik River, June, 2008. Just a few days later he took leave of this world.

Last edited by Norm_427; 02-24-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's a family picture taken on a Christmas eve long ago ... he was such a happy, fun little kid. Here he's trying to look like a monkey.

Last edited by Norm_427; 02-28-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:14 AM
65convt
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Norm, Every time I read this thread it brings tears to my eyes.
I have a 30 yr old son, our only child.
Him and I are so alike it's scary. He hard and plays hard as I did when I was his age. He could have been anything he wanted too but like me he went into the Commercial Const. trade. We talk everyday. He calls me around 7 am. each morning just to say hello.
We do argue alot about certain things but thats to be expected as we ARE so much alike.
He has a Crotch Rocket Suzuki that he has modded, a Yamaha Quad that will run along at 115mph+. We share our interest in bikes and ride together, I ride a Harley. He also shares my Love of Corvettes but is waiting for me to give him one, boy has he got a long wait. We run Quads together. He has also given me a BEAUTFUL Grandaughter.
I can't imagine what life without him would be like.

Your son sounded like a Wonderful young man.
Take that trip to Alaska as a Tribute to his life, and remember all the Good times you shared with him.
RIP Shaun
Rick
Old 02-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Aquaman92
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your son .Sounds like he did a lot in his 34 years
Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 65convt
Norm, Every time I read this thread it brings tears to my eyes.
I have a 30 yr old son, our only child.
Him and I are so alike it's scary. He hard and plays hard as I did when I was his age. He could have been anything he wanted too but like me he went into the Commercial Const. trade. We talk everyday. He calls me around 7 am. each morning just to say hello.
We do argue alot about certain things but thats to be expected as we ARE so much alike.
He has a Crotch Rocket Suzuki that he has modded, a Yamaha Quad that will run along at 115mph+. We share our interest in bikes and ride together, I ride a Harley. He also shares my Love of Corvettes but is waiting for me to give him one, boy has he got a long wait. We run Quads together. He has also given me a BEAUTFUL Grandaughter.
I can't imagine what life without him would be like.

Your son sounded like a Wonderful young man.
Take that trip to Alaska as a Tribute to his life, and remember all the Good times you shared with him.
RIP Shaun
Rick
I appreciate your insight. In past years I would sometimes try to imagine what life would be like without my son ... and it always made my heart break and run down my cheeks just to think of it. And then one day last June my "what if's" were turned into a reality. He was dead and gone, forever. His urn is just 10 feet from where I am typing. So appreciate every moment of life, every hug and interaction, every casual moment with your children. And take LOTS of pictures and videos.

Last edited by Norm_427; 02-27-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:47 PM
dkal70
Racer

I'm very sorry for the loss of your son at a young age, although his life was taken at such a early age, its seems as though he lived life everyday to the fullest, enjoying life, and being so full of life. Its so heart breaking to hear of a someone passing so young, with so much to accomplish ahead of them.
I too lost my best friend at an early age of 33, she will be with me in my heart and thoughts everyday. I agree with you to appreciate and express your love for those so dear to you, and also to your friends.
Life is so precious, that when its gone, theres words that go unspoken and questions that go unanswered. Tell those you care about how much you love them, and listen and tell them that you'll always be there for them.

God bless you and your family
Old 02-28-2009, 01:21 AM
EmsFather
Intermediate

Default So sorry

I am a dad to two children, ages 11 and 18. I live for them. I cannot imagine the pain you have suffered and want to wish you my deepest condolences along with the rest of your loved ones. I know there are no words that can remove your sadness but maybe just knowing that there are others out there who wish they could help you cope with your loss might help a wee bit. My hope for you is that you have enough family and friends that support you and comfort you during your time of need. I am truly very sorry. May your son Rest In Peace.

Warmest regards,
Bob
Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 PM
koimaster
Instructor

You have my deepest condolences. Having lost my beautiful wife Carol to Lymphoma in 2006, I know how painful this can be. Nothing I nor anyone can say will spare you the pain you feel but know that your pain is shared.

Alain
Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you, everyone. My heart goes out to each of you who have experienced loss of a precious loved one!! God bless each of you.

I listened to a song by Celine Dion today for the first time since Shaun's death and I never really listened to the words until today:

"Fly" by Celine Dion

Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light

Last edited by Norm_427; 03-02-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
international blue
Melting Slicks

Received 2,407 Likes on 1,042 Posts

As a fellow Corvette lover, and So-Cal Cub owner/pilot I wish I would have met your son.

Unless I change my life and head for Alaska, I will only visit, but I know he lived several full lives judging by the pictures.

My condolences.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:18 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I feel your loss,losing my brother in august tragically,sounds like you two were very close,a great father indeed.Prayers are being said.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, he worked in SoCal as a physician but his heart was in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. He was making plans the very week he was killed to join a medical practice near me in Spokane, WA, where he spent many years growing up. I was so close to having him living within a few miles of me.

My new mantra in life is, "I'm thankful that I had so much to lose".

The following is a video I took of him in my hanger in Spokane, WA, just a few days before he was killed in Alaska. An adventure film production company in N.Y. heard about Shaun and wanted to feature him in an upcoming film on true-life-adventurers. They asked for a 5 minute homemade video that just allowed them to view his on-screen presence, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU28Jr3G50M

Last edited by Norm_427; 04-25-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Shaun Lunt, RIP my dear son!