Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just another new guy.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 PM
If you can
Advanced

Location: The one I'm in at the time. High country Colorado,Maui.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just another new guy.

Hello everyone,
Just thought I'd say hi and tell everyone a little about myself.

I'm an old Corvette owner and builder that bought my first Vette in 75. That was the first of six and like most Vette owners I wish I had kept all of them.
Besides owning them I built / restored Vettes for many years until the glass was more than I could handle.

My first Vette is the one that I wish I had kept the most out of all of them. It was that hard to find 65 with a 396 / 425 hp 4 speed, all black. This was one fast car but it didn't handle worth a darn.
The second was not anything great just a 69 roadster with the LT1 4 speed. This was more of an everyday driver than the 65 was and a lot of fun.
The third one was another rare car,the 71 454 / 425hp LS-6 4 speed T-top finished in Brands hatch green with tan trim. This Vette was as close too taking off in a jet as any car I ever had. It seemed that the front came higher with each gear. I think I would still have this Vette if it had not been stolen.

Then came the one I had the longest and disliked the most; The 73 454 T-top. This Vette didn't look like it knew what it wanted to be. Rubber front chrome back and what a dog for a 454.

Then came a wife and kids and there went the Vette. What can I say it happens.
After what seemed to me a long 10 year dry spell there was another toy in the garage.

The new style C4 that I laughed at the first time I saw one. Of course I didn't think they made a Vette after 72 anyway.
Until I drove one. Wow a Vette that turns what a concept.
So into the yard came the 87 Z52. Nice car and a real runner but I just couldn't get past the red color and the loud exhaust. I felt like the old guy trying to say look at me. So that little hot rod went down the road and home came what just could be my last Vette.

The 95 C4 roadster, LT1 6 speed. Polo green with tan trim. Yup this is a keeper. But I must say if I had known about the real lack of storage space I would have bought a coupe instead. Since I'm at an age where I only drive it now and then it's no big deal I guess.

Well I am glad to be here. This looks like a great place for story telling and information.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:18 PM
TN 2005 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI, VII & XII Veteran
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Welcome aboard to the Corvette Forum.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:10 AM
Edison Trent
Team Owner

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Great intro. Welcome to the forum. Hope you see you around more often.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:21 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Get notified of new replies

To Just another new guy.