Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trick Flow

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:39 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
TrickFlowTech
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry I was out of the office for the Holidays. What are you looking for in a set of heads? What cubic inch? What cam are you using? I can tell you right now our heads are more than $1000 each but you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by jmoody66
Im about to pull the trigger on some PRC Stage 2.5 heads....tell me what you can do, pricing wise, with these Trick Flows. Already ruled out AFR's cuz I dont see 1K per head as reasonable and the idiots wont even answer emails so they are out.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:05 AM
pbm.cc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickFlowTech
Hi my name is Gregg. I am one of the Techs here at Trick Flow Specialties. Here are some of the products we offer for the Corvettes and other GM products. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

Trick Flow GenX™ Street Cylinder Heads for GM LSX

AKRON, OH—More and more GM enthusiasts are turning to 4.8L and 5.3L iron block versions of General Motors' LS engine to power their kit cars, hot rods, musclecars, street machines, and sport trucks. And Trick Flow Specialties is ready to help these enthusiasts build serious street power with its new GenX™ Street Cylinder Heads for GM LSX engines.

Starting with the track-proven GenX Street/Strip LS head design, Trick Flow engineers refined the combustion chambers to retain the stock compression ratio and work with the smaller bore diameters of the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 5.7L engines. They also modified the chambers to unshroud the valves and increase airflow and swirl.

The GenX Street heads will be available in three versions:

Option One features standard cast chambers and Fast As Cast™ ports that precisely duplicate the port shape and profile of fully CNC-ported heads, and valve seat-to-port bowl blending for better transition from the chambers to the ports.
Option Two combines the Fast As Cast runners with fully CNC-profiled combustion chambers and bowl blending for improved airflow.
Option Three features fully CNC-machined and bowl-blended chambers and CNC-ported runners for maximum airflow.
In any configuration, GenX Street cylinder heads outflow and outperform factory LS6 heads. GenX Street heads are fully assembled and ready to bolt on right out of the box. The components include lightweight stainless steel 2.000" intake/1.575" exhaust valves, high lift valve springs, chromemoly steel retainers, ductile iron valve seats, and special Trick-Alloy powdered metal valve guides. In addition, these heads retain the use of all stock sensors and fittings and can accommodate aftermarket roller rocker arms. Bare cylinder head castings are also available.

Based in Akron, Ohio, Trick Flow Specialties offers products that provide "Ultimate Bolt-On Performance." Trick Flow's product lines include cylinder heads, intake manifolds, camshafts, valvetrain components, and more.

Trick Flow® GenX (TM) Fast as Cast Cylinder Heads for GM LSX
Fast as cast!
If you're looking for the best value in GM LSX performance, look no further than these Trick Flow® new GenX (TM) street/strip fast as cast aluminum cylinder heads. The GenX (TM) as-cast heads feature all of the same goodies that make the CNC-ported heads so incredible--13.5 degree valve angles, decreased valve shrouding, increased mid-lift airflow, relocated spark plugs, improved rocker arm-to-valve cover clearance, and a rigid casting design for extreme horsepower applications--but in a more affordable, as-cast version that flows nearly as much air as the ported heads

Trick Flow® GenX (TM) Street/Strip CNC-Ported Cylinder Heads for GM LS Engines
Serious horsepower for your LS-based engine.
Working hand-in-hand with our customers, the Trick Flow® Product Development Group identified the need for a high-flow cylinder head designed specifically for large cubic inch GM LSX engines. Beginning with our track-proven GenX? street/strip heads, Trick Flow® engineers refined the intake and exhaust ports to optimize low, mid, and peak lift airflow and the area under the curve for engines with 4.125 in. and larger bores. The engineers also modified the combustion chambers to further unshroud the valves and to increase airflow and swirl. With these changes, a new Trick Flow® cylinder head was born--the GenX? street/strip 235! Independent testing conducted with Vengeance Racing proved the new GenX? street/strip 235 heads deliver the goods. Their pump gas, 440 c.i.d. LSX car with a mild hydraulic roller cam and our 235 heads made over 625 rear wheel horsepower. These fully CNC-ported performance cylinder heads feature 235cc intake runners, 80cc exhaust runners, 70cc combustion chambers, 2.080 in. intake valves, 1.600 in. exhaust valves, bronze valve guides, and interlocking ductile iron intake and exhaust valve seat inserts. Assembled heads come equipped with 1.300 in. dual valve springs (for hydraulic roller camshafts up to 0.600 in. of valve lift),Viton® fluoroelastomer canister-style valve seals, 7 degree machined steel valve locks, and 7 degree titanium retainers. The Trick Flow® GenX? 235 LSX cylinder head is capable of making well in excess of 700 HP N/A, and the 6 bolt configuration ensures optimal head gasket sealing when used with a GMPP LSX engine block. These heads have been proven time and time again to be the best readily available production LS heads on the market! Made in the USA

Trick Flow Expands Line of TFX Fuel Injectors

AKRON, OH—In 2007, Trick Flow Specialties unveiled a new line of performance fuel injectors that deliver better fuel atomization, high operating efficiency, and quieter performance than other aftermarket fuel injectors. Now, the Akron, Ohio-based company has expanded the line to include the following new flow rates: 44 lbs./hr., 55 lbs./hr., 72 lbs./hr., 83 lbs./hr., and 95 lbs./hr.

"In response to the huge demand for our TFX fuel injectors, we've added additional flow ratings to our selection," Al Noe, Trick Flow Manager, said. "Our customers can now choose from ten different flow ratings to meet their performance requirements."

Also available in 24 lbs./hr., 30 lbs./hr., 36 lbs./hr., 48 lbs./hr., and 120 lbs./hr. flow ratings, TFX Fuel Injectors feature disc-type fuel control valves and improved nozzles to atomize fuel better. Low magnetic stainless steel injector bodies prevent corrosion from underhood contaminants and seal the injectors from moisture contamination. The injectors have EV1-style wiring connectors which match the OE wiring harnesses for an easy, positive connection. Viton fluoroelastomer O-rings seal the injectors to the fuel rails and intake manifold to prevent fuel and air leaks under extreme operating temperatures. TFX Fuel Injectors also include 1/2 micron filter screens to keep debris out of the injectors.

The injectors are part of Trick Flow's line of TFX Fuel System Products, which includes fuel filters, fuel pumps, fuel regulators, fuel fittings and hose, and nitrous systems and accessories. For more information on TFX Fuel Injectors--and the entire Trick Flow TFX product line—you can call 1-330-630-1555.

Based in Akron, Ohio, Trick Flow Specialties offers products that provide "Ultimate Bolt-On Performance." Trick Flow's product lines include cylinder heads, intake manifolds, camshafts, valvetrain components, and more.

Trick Flow by Magnuson Superchargers

TALLMADGE, OH—To create the ultimate supercharger kits, the airflow experts at Trick Flow have teamed up with the supercharger experts at Magnuson to offer Trick Flow by Magnuson Superchargers. These complete, application-specific kits include everything you need to gain up to 150 horses!

At the core of these kits is a Magnuson roots-style supercharger upgraded with intermeshed helical rotors and special port geometry to promote smooth, efficient, and quiet operation—it's driven by less than 1/3 hp at 60 mph. The supercharger is overdriven for boost starting at off-idle, and it has an internal bypass valve to eliminate power loss at part throttle. It also features a self-contained lubrication system and satin-finished housing.

To hook that supercharger up to your engine, the kits contain everything you need (exact contents vary by application). The EFI kits include a MP112 supercharger, cast aluminum intake manifold, an air-to-water intercooler, high-capacity fuel injectors (EFI only), plumbing, wiring harnesses, brackets, hardware, and a programmer to properly calibrate your ECU. The carbureted systems come with a bare-finished MP122 supercharger and a fuel system compatible with just about any blow-through 4-barrel carburetor. They also include an aluminum intake and top plate, crank pulley, idler assembly, distributor hold-down, gaskets, spacers, brackets, and hardware.

Installation is simple thanks to the handy instruction manual complete with color photographs, and there are no hood modifications required. The kits are covered by a three-year warranty.

The EFI kits are available for the following applications:

1999-2003 Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra, Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Yukon XL
2004-06 Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra 2500, Suburban/Avalanche/Yukon XL 2500
2007-08 Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra, Flex Fuel 5.3L (J-code only)
2006-07 Chevy Trailblazer SS 2WD/AWD
2005-08 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L 3V
2004 Pontiac GTO LS1
2005-06 Pontiac GTO LS2

And now we are able to sell the Corvette kits!
Hi there Greg, I am actually a huge fan of Trickflow! I think that you guys know what you are doing and know how to make a good combo work. Previously owning a Ford I had the TF "R" intake, The "R" heads and the TFS#2 cam on my little 306ci and it was making ridiculous power!
Now new to the Chevy Family (my second first was a 07 TBSS and now a 05 Z51 LS2) I have been reading your work on the LS engines! I was looking for someone here on this forum that has the kit that I am interested in however I have had no luck.

I have decided on the GENX kit:

http://www.trickflow.com/partdetail....0&autoview=sku

I want to say that this is the Stage 2 of thie kit, however I was wondering if you can tell me what kind of power this kit actually made to the wheels on a vette like mine (LS2)? If you can assist with this question I would appreciate it and once again, keep doing what your doing.

ps: on the Supercharger setup are you guys going to upgrade to the TVS style or continue to make the M112's? Just curious.

Thanks again Greg.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:56 AM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Welcome!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Vette Jockey
Roadster Madness. 😠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,507 Likes on 861 Posts