Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:51 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Rain, shine, 110* heat, doesn't matter. We'll be there .
Old 03-08-2015, 11:28 AM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I attend every year, live only 45 minutes from the front gate, would not miss it!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:14 PM
JayEmEss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I buy the Fun Field Pass that gives my wife and I entry all 3 days? Plus parking in the Fun Field?
Old 03-14-2015, 11:40 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JayEmEss
If I buy the Fun Field Pass that gives my wife and I entry all 3 days? Plus parking in the Fun Field?
Yep. And Thursday too if you want to come early. It's for you, a passenger, and your Vette and the best parking. BUT you need to get there early to get that parking if the weather is good, and you need to check the event map (when it comes out) to see which areas are off limits because of clubs, handicapped, or special areas. You'll be asked to move if you're in one of those areas. It's the best value. Plus you get a goodie bag and dash plaque and show shirt for that price.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:43 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Our gang arriving on Thursday - hotel already booked ... 5 of us so far...
Old 03-29-2015, 05:38 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

Last year my dad and I attended for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had the fun field pass and was parked with the Grand Sport registry which put us pretty close to everything. This year though, I won't be able to make it as my mother has decided that since we had so much fun, that this year she wanted to go...lol.

The weather last year was decent...hot/windy/light rain occassionally but very managable. Like everyone mentioned, a EZ UP canopy is highly recommended. And for those who doubt they can get that and chairs and luggage into your Vette.....yeah you can, at least we could with a C6, a 10x10 canopy, 2 chairs, a small cooler and luggage.

There are plenty of great vendors too. If the crabcake people come back, I highly recomnend getting yourself two of those.....I mustve eaten 10 of them over the course of the weekend! Lol As for parts vendors, you'll get some awesome deals there too. My dad picked up a prepainted rear spoiler AND had it installed for $200 less than the one he ordered thru a catalog and not yet received, which would not have included installation.

Go!!!! Enjoy yourself, enjoy the the show, enjoy the parade thru town, and make new friends!!! It's one helluva goodtime!!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:43 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LarryMow
Last year my dad and I attended for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had the fun field pass and was parked with the Grand Sport registry which put us pretty close to everything. This year though, I won't be able to make it as my mother has decided that since we had so much fun, that this year she wanted to go...lol.

The weather last year was decent...hot/windy/light rain occassionally but very managable. Like everyone mentioned, a EZ UP canopy is highly recommended. And for those who doubt they can get that and chairs and luggage into your Vette.....yeah you can, at least we could with a C6, a 10x10 canopy, 2 chairs, a small cooler and luggage.

There are plenty of great vendors too. If the crabcake people come back, I highly recomnend getting yourself two of those.....I mustve eaten 10 of them over the course of the weekend! Lol As for parts vendors, you'll get some awesome deals there too. My dad picked up a prepainted rear spoiler AND had it installed for $200 less than the one he ordered thru a catalog and not yet received, which would not have included installation.

Go!!!! Enjoy yourself, enjoy the the show, enjoy the parade thru town, and make new friends!!! It's one helluva goodtime!!!!
Here's an option so you can ALL go. Take the Vette, and take a second car that holds you all. Park the Vette at the fairgrounds and leave it there, and park off the grounds while you all enjoy the show. Your car will be fine and definitely not the only one there for 3 days. Hope you make it!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:18 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Here's an option so you can ALL go. Take the Vette, and take a second car that holds you all. Park the Vette at the fairgrounds and leave it there, and park off the grounds while you all enjoy the show. Your car will be fine and definitely not the only one there for 3 days. Hope you make it!
Yeah that's a good idea, but I've already made other plans. Dad and I burned up the roads and car shows last year.....he and mom will do quiet a few this year. Theyre hitting some sort of show in Hot Springs, Ark next month....then in May? Theyll be hitting the Tail of The Dragon/Corvette Museum with the Grand Sport And ZR1 registry. It all works out in end, the Vette gets its exercise and we get to spend family together.

And on a related note....after a year in the family, the car won its first award this weekend at a local show! Whoo hooo! And yeah its true, after you win your first award, you want even more....lol.

Last edited by LarryMow; 03-29-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:14 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

It's nice to see some action on this post, you can tell the NE weather is starting to break. I'm eager to get my Corvette out onto the roads, now they just need to brush off all the salt :-)

We're getting excited about this year's event!

Life is good,

Lance
Old 04-02-2015, 05:19 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Any announcement or hints as to who this years celebrities or big wigs will be?
Old 04-03-2015, 08:14 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LarryMow
Any announcement or hints as to who this years celebrities or big wigs will be?
I think they're the same as every year. The Corvette engineers, managers.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:44 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Lance, question. I saw on CAC webpage that you have Veteran's parking on the Fun Field this year. Any idea where this is going to be? I may want to go for that, but would like to know which area it will be.
Thanks.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:55 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Lance, question. I saw on CAC webpage that you have Veteran's parking on the Fun Field this year. Any idea where this is going to be? I may want to go for that, but would like to know which area it will be.
Thanks.
We have not finalized the map to date, however once we do I'll make sure it's posted here. This year will be fun focusing on the Veteran's, hosting the American Flag & etc. Eager to enjoy it myself!

Cheers,

Lance
Old 04-15-2015, 09:43 PM
EdsC6Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08-'10

Rooms booked. Super 8. Good weather please!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:05 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by EdsC6Z06
Rooms booked. Super 8. Good weather please!!!
Please bring the nice weather with you!

Lance
Old 05-21-2015, 06:58 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Got announcement yesterday that " Chip Foose " will be at Corvettes... definetly want to meet the master builder !!!
Old 05-21-2015, 12:28 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 08C6
Got announcement yesterday that " Chip Foose " will be at Corvettes... definetly want to meet the master builder !!!
I wonder why it's always the sponsors bringing in the celebrities and not Carlisle Events. Magnaflow brought Mario Andretti and now they're bringing in Foose.
Either way, it's appreciated and my wife will be in line to meet and greet the man. It adds excitement to the show for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!

Old 05-22-2015, 11:19 AM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Lance is always trying to bring in new celebrities...its difficult and costly and trying to match time tables is a pain as well....one way is to contact a major sponsor and have them help you ....which might be the case here. Lance has posted on many sites for suggestions from the fans who they would like to have at the events and I am sure there are many sent in...
Old 05-22-2015, 02:54 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
Lance is always trying to bring in new celebrities...its difficult and costly and trying to match time tables is a pain as well....one way is to contact a major sponsor and have them help you ....which might be the case here. Lance has posted on many sites for suggestions from the fans who they would like to have at the events and I am sure there are many sent in...
Understandable.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:54 PM
0Magna_Flow
Former Vendor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

You're seeing that right: Chip Foose will be hanging out in our VIP paddock at Carlisle, signing autographs and also picking out his favorite MagnaFlow customer’s car in the MagnaFlow VIP Paddock. That favorite car’s owner? He or she gets a custom drawing of it to take home.

Customers with MagnaFlow performance exhaust are welcome to a spot in the MagnaFlow VIP Paddock, where you’ll have can have lunch, grab a gift bag full of great stuff, and hang out with Chip. If you don’t have MagnaFlow products on your car, don’t fret. A&A Corvette Performance will also be on hand to install MagnaFlow on your Corvette in the VIP Paddock.

You’re not going to find a better way to experience Carlisle so don’t miss out.

Quick Reply: Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!