Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

NY. I got ripped off and need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:07 AM
c5-pewter
c5-pewter
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Sorry to hear of your travails in recovering your money. You must consider that WA State Courts have no jurisdiction over this individual, unless he steps foot into WA. That leaves the Federal Courts. When I was in Law School, quite some years ago, the amount in dispute had to be at least $75,000.00 before they would get involved. It’s probably more than that now.

So, what to do?

If your sole interest is to make this individual’s life miserable, and are willing to throw good money after bad, hire a lawyer near Wyoming, NY. Accord him your full Power of Attorney in this matter, to stand in your place. He/she could do a lot of nasty things. For instance, like exercising an ex-parte remedy that could freeze this person’s bank accounts. Then there’s the possibility of a Larceny Charge, Wage Attachment, etc.

Did this guy instruct you to submit your funds by US Mail? Then let this lawyer know that too!

Finally, don’t resort to anything other than legal means, or you’ll lose even more.

Good Luck!!! GRT
(No, I never practised law - just some ideas)
Old 03-29-2007, 01:30 AM
c5-pewter
c5-pewter
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Though I applaud the work you've done for RED99, I sincerely hope that your mention of the person in queston being "Repuplican," was not intended as an aspersion.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:13 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I know resorting to anything other than legal means would just make things even worst (that is if I got caught, and he could proove it). Which with my luck that would happen. But I sure would love to go visit Mr. baseball and introduce him to Mr baseball bat. I wonder what an attorney would charge? It just burns me up that he will probably get away with this.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 PM
J0J0
Safety Car

Location: NYC and Piscataway (depends on where work takes me)

Originally Posted by c5-pewter
Though I applaud the work you've done for RED99, I sincerely hope that your mention of the person in queston being "Repuplican," was not intended as an aspersion.
I think Debbi meant that "republican" quote as a sign that she was able to get alot of info on the guy.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 PM
mooneyd
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put all your info together and send copies to the NY State Attorney General's office, the Better Busness Bureau in that area, and local TV stations that have those guys that help with things like this.
You could give it to a collection agency, they would take a precent of what they get back and they can be a real pain in the a**.
Good luck,
Dave
Old 03-30-2007, 07:28 PM
RED99
Safety Car

I had asked one collection service and they wasn't interested. And I think the BBB probably only deals with businesses.
Now I see why there is so many scammers. Seems that they can get away with it without any worry of jail or anything. What's to stop them???
Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM
RED99
Safety Car

I did some searching for his yahoo addy (mrbaseballny@yahoo.com), and found something with a different name!!!

Here is the e-mail I had got from him back in Jan..
mrbaseballny@yahoo.com

And I found this on the web:

Mark Michaels July 12th, 2004, 02:49 PM
You mentioned you can work the Western NY area, what are your rates and such for a weekend job filming a cheerleading comp.??

Thanks

Mark

mrbaseballny@yahoo.com

HOW MANY NAMES DOES THIS GUY HAVE???
Old 03-30-2007, 07:54 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Looks like this guy is making friends all over.

Discussion - Mrbaseballny, time to pay up!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a circuit board off him and his friend, it had to go back to him to be completed, it turns out it was not usable to start with and he promised me my money back and I have not seen a cent yet. This is more than 6 months later with many emails and pm's. TIME TO PAY UP!!!!!!!!

If anyone has any info on him please PM me. Thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 06:18 PM
c5-pewter
c5-pewter
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Default ripped off

Originally Posted by J0J0
I think Debbi meant that "republican" quote as a sign that she was able to get alot of info on the guy.
Now, that's funny! The only problem is that tricky Dicky Nixon and his crew are no longer around.

Kind Regards. GRT
Old 04-19-2007, 12:49 AM
RED99
Safety Car

UPDATE: I guess the sheriff went and talked to this thief, but the liar told him that he shipped it, and someone must have stolen it off my porch. I told the sheriff that is impossible because my sister has been staying with me, and she is home all day long. I told the sheriff that he told me that story once too, and when I asked for a tracking number, he never responded back. Then afterwards he came up with a different story. The sherriff said he told him that he needs proof of shipment, and he hasn't got it when I talked to him. Thats been over a week now, and I haven't heard back from the sheriff. The sheriff also said he told him that I threatened him and his family. I said I wrote him that I would come visit him, but I never made any threats. I am smarter than that. If I was going to beat the crap out of someone, I sure wouldn't put it in writing. I probably wouldn't waste my time and money going there anyway, but it sure would feel good to punch him in his face...........a couple hundred times. I sure would like to find out where he works so I can tell his employeer what kind of thief he has working for him . I'm still steaming over this. Looks like the SOB is going to get away with my $1585.

Last edited by RED99; 04-19-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:24 PM
KMeloney
Drifting

Red99 -- Anything else transpire since 4/18? Keep us posted!

/< / /2 /<
Old 04-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Too bad he lives so far from me. Did you ever see what brake fluid or laquer thinner does to a cars paint? There are so many things you can do to someone to really get even. I hope you are able to get this piece of sh**.I had a guy sell me a truck years ago that had a salvage title. I didn't realize it until I looked at the title AFTER I gave him the CASH.Boy was I stupid. I lost ALOT more money than you. The attorney general, the police, no one wanted to do anything. It turns out he was a "real" wise guy.A private investigator told me to just let it go,because I didn't know what I was getting into with this guy. I paid him a visit at night, and made my presence known. How much is a paint job? Got both of his cars. Sorry I sound so bad, but I feel SO much better about it.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Location: Brooklyn, NYC .. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, New York, New York - Fred Ebb
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Ralphyboy
Too bad he lives so far from me. Did you ever see what brake fluid or laquer thinner does to a cars paint? There are so many things you can do to someone to really get even. I hope you are able to get this piece of sh**.I had a guy sell me a truck years ago that had a salvage title. I didn't realize it until I looked at the title AFTER I gave him the CASH.Boy was I stupid. I lost ALOT more money than you. The attorney general, the police, no one wanted to do anything. It turns out he was a "real" wise guy.A private investigator told me to just let it go,because I didn't know what I was getting into with this guy. I paid him a visit at night, and made my presence known. How much is a paint job? Got both of his cars. Sorry I sound so bad, but I feel SO much better about it.
You don't sound bad, but what you have to remember is people like that "GET" what the deserve.....It my not be today, it may not be tomorrow ... but somehow, someway they get what they deserve....
What comes around - goes around
Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Still no word. And I probably wont hear another word. I sent a letter to his mom and dad. Nothing from that either. I guess like Father like son. I'll just let this cool down, wait a year or so and let him forget about me. Then I hunt the bastard down and give him the worst day of his life.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:12 PM
bowtiebandit
Drifting

Originally Posted by RED99
Still no word. And I probably wont hear another word. I sent a letter to his mom and dad. Nothing from that either. I guess like Father like son. I'll just let this cool down, wait a year or so and let him forget about me. Then I hunt the bastard down and give him the worst day of his life.
Don't give up yet

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1688738
Old 05-09-2007, 01:26 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Can anyone dig up any pics of this thief?

Quick Reply: NY. I got ripped off and need advice