Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Dealership recommendations Northern NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 05:34 AM
r0bd
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry M
Question for service work at Paramus, do they give you a loaner if the car stays for longer than a few hours?
From my experience there, to get a loaner you have to specify that you need one when you schedule the appointment. They'll only pencil you in on a day when they have one available.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:15 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

My experience at Paramus Chevy had a porter driv into some guy from the Bronx s car...he specifically drove to Paramus because he wanted his prized beauty from getting damaged and I remhad bet being in the waiting room and the owner was going nuts because the porter refused to even apologize...

I'm sure it was a one off but I never brought my corvettes back there ever again...

Good luck and I'm sure your corvette at Paramus will be fine,,
Old 09-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Update on Paramus service:

The service manager that was there for the last year is gone. The GM is now the service manager and a good guy.

That being said, I was given the run around by the last guy a few times, which in retrospect, I gave him too much rope, but the service advisors and vette service are still good. But I would be lying if I said I'm not considering going to Schumacher or Hawthorne for my next service.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Silver C7
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22

The service manager that was there for the last year is gone. The GM is now the service manager and a good guy.

That being said, I was given the run around by the last guy a few times, which in retrospect, I gave him too much rope, but the service advisors and vette service are still good. But I would be lying if I said I'm not considering going to Schumacher or Hawthorne for my next service.
Bought my car at Schumacher on Main Street in Little Falls. They did the first and last of my three free oil changes. Also did my first tire swap, from OEM's to AS Sport 3+. No complaints, Judy the owner, bought me breakfast on my last visit! They just finished major showroom and service facelift. Like I said, no complaints. They're stepping up their Corvette sales, they had about a dozen on site last month. They also just bought the Widger Chevy store in Livingston. They're growing, but that Main Street store is home.
The following users liked this post:
Thunder22 (09-04-2017)
Old 04-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Time for the spring oil change and have a high frequency vibration being transmitted through to the steering wheel at higher speeds.

Is Schumacher in Little Falls still good?

Over the winter I learned that Hawthorne and Paramus are owned by the same company, and I'm looking to stay away from them.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,146 Posts

I never had service done at schumacher in little falls but i did buy my C6 grand sport from them 4 years ago. I think they're the best selling "chevy" in NJ. And that speaks volumes. I am probably going to go back this summer to lease a car for my mom. Although from the ad alone, paramus might have better lease deals, i just would never go back to paramus for any service work.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Appointment at Schumacher in Clifton has been made. Spoke with the service manager and they have a trained vette tech, and he was cool about all of the questions I asked.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Time for the spring oil change and have a high frequency vibration being transmitted through to the steering wheel at higher speeds.

Is Schumacher in Little Falls still good?

Over the winter I learned that Hawthorne and Paramus are owned by the same company, and I'm looking to stay away from them.
Don't know what problem you had with them, but, while Hawthorne and Paramus are related, literally, the are run completely differently. I've dealt with Hawthorne for almost 30 years and they are great. With the nightmare I've had with my current car and with GM, it would have been so much worse without them.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
Don't know what problem you had with them, but, while Hawthorne and Paramus are related, literally, the are run completely differently. I've dealt with Hawthorne for almost 30 years and they are great. With the nightmare I've had with my current car and with GM, it would have been so much worse without them.
got burned by the last service manager at Paramus. Granted, I've never been to Hawthorne, so I shouldn't cast any aspersions.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Trackhawkz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey guys... Just got my tires back from Paramus Chevy..**.I brought them my tires and rims to be mounted and balanced....** I would stay far far away from this dealer... They obviously put a whole through the sidewall of my tires.... It was a slow leak... And the tires were brought to them by my detailer to be done while he worked on the car.

When i got home... with 18 lbs left in the tire.. I was shocked to see the whole in the side... They were very rude... and offered no compensation... But to remind me they have better lawyers than I do.
If you notice in the picture the puncture is going towards the road... Pretty physically impossible to get that from something on the road on the way home.... If i can convey one person to go buy there corvette from a diff dealer... Id be happy. Please avoid Paramus Chevy at all costs... I have way more pictures, documents, and proof if you guys need it PM me. Thanks!

Last edited by Trackhawkz06; 04-05-2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 04-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

What was Paramus supposed to be doing with your tires? I don't understand.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Trackhawkz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

What was Paramus supposed to be doing with your tires? I don't understand.

They mounted and balanced 4 tires.... The front passenger they put a tool through the sidewalll... Holds air its at the 12 o clock position... Leaks air at the 6 o clock position.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Trackhawkz06
They mounted and balanced 4 tires.... The front passenger they put a tool through the sidewalll... Holds air its at the 12 o clock position... Leaks air at the 6 o clock position.
and they're saying that the puncture happened on your drive home? wow.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Trackhawkz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

and they're saying that the puncture happened on your drive home? wow.
Yes... Thank you for pointing out that i forgot to put in why they had the tires... I am still very heated about the situation... and my fingers were flying way faster than i knew what they were typing. At the end of the day this is a $400 tire, and not the end of the world... I am shocked that they would not be more willing to work with me, or show me the video they said they had of said installation. Towards the end of the conversation, when we were each being pretty rude, he was just asking why he would assume responsibility for something they didn't put on the car. I am completely baffled, and saddened by the situation. Someone knows what happened and is being dis honest and it just sucks.... There is nothing i can do left in the situation except order a new tire and move on. The GM regional sales manger or something is supposed to call me back to discuss it... All of this over ONE tire.... crazy.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:25 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Yes... Thank you for pointing out that i forgot to put in why they had the tires... I am still very heated about the situation... and my fingers were flying way faster than i knew what they were typing. At the end of the day this is a $400 tire, and not the end of the world... I am shocked that they would not be more willing to work with me, or show me the video they said they had of said installation. Towards the end of the conversation, when we were each being pretty rude, he was just asking why he would assume responsibility for something they didn't put on the car. I am completely baffled, and saddened by the situation. Someone knows what happened and is being dis honest and it just sucks.... There is nothing i can do left in the situation except order a new tire and move on. The GM regional sales manger or something is supposed to call me back to discuss it... All of this over ONE tire.... crazy.
They gouged up my wheel while balancing it. They owned up to it and repaired it. However the repair was slapping some paint over it by whoever they hired. It's inner barrel and less than an inch, really impossible to see, I just know it's there.

The girl with the red hair is really nice, always a smile on her face. The rest are pretty miserable. I caught the one girl behind the glass off guard, I think she expected me blow up at her, she came at me all defensive (body language), I was super nice to her in introduction and you can tell she was puzzled at first and then immediately relieved.

I guess they have a lot of ******** and problems to deal with, being a Chevy dealer and all. But really it's all self inflicted; as a whole (not everyone), the environment is miserable, customer is always wrong mantra, you're lucky we're helping you, salespeople are sleeze.

I guess I'm spoiled by Infiniti (Fette) and Mercedes (service only, sales sucks) who treated me like a valued customer.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Kat at Paramus service has always taken good care of my vettes. She even kept on an eye on me while the dbag service manager that was fired was lying to me. I guess I can sum up my intentions with them as being "in the penalty box" for awhile. Barring any issues, I shouldn't need to go back to service anywhere until spring next year.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

btw - who were you dealing with there? A service writer or the service manager?

Get notified of new replies

To Dealership recommendations Northern NJ

Old 04-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Trackhawkz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

btw - who were you dealing with there? A service writer or the service manager?

Both... First wayne... And then Bob... Bob was way more intense and rude (Which set me off) than wayne... Wayne was ok but just being told what to say to me.

Its really tough buying a 100k car from a chevy dealership.... Just like i had lots of aggravation when i spent 100k at a jeep dealership on my trackhawk... Its unfortunate, but these two establishment are not really ment to be selling high end luxury vehicles. I used to own an Acura TL back in the day (AWD and 6 spd =D) and when i walked inside that dealership I felt like a million bucks. They would bring me coffee, water, doughnuts... And would be more than happy to do so. They made me feel very appreciated and valued..... I never got that feeling from either Jeep nor chevy. I try to lower my expectations because lets be reasonable.... They arent high end dealerships..... But at that same facet, I will not let myself being taken advantage of like they are doing here.... I appreciate all the kind words and support from you guys...

The dealership I purchased the car from (Elkins Chevy) and Michielin have both stepped in to help me out. The detailer, already refunded me for the tire, but i will continue to fight for his money. If he gets his money back from canceling the charge on his account... and end up receiving extra compensation I will be donating it to a charity. Thank you again my friends.. I appreciate the kind words and support!
Old 04-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Both... First wayne... And then Bob... Bob was way more intense and rude (Which set me off) than wayne... Wayne was ok but just being told what to say to me.

Its really tough buying a 100k car from a chevy dealership.... Just like i had lots of aggravation when i spent 100k at a jeep dealership on my trackhawk... Its unfortunate, but these two establishment are not really ment to be selling high end luxury vehicles. I used to own an Acura TL back in the day (AWD and 6 spd =D) and when i walked inside that dealership I felt like a million bucks. They would bring me coffee, water, doughnuts... And would be more than happy to do so. They made me feel very appreciated and valued..... I never got that feeling from either Jeep nor chevy. I try to lower my expectations because lets be reasonable.... They arent high end dealerships..... But at that same facet, I will not let myself being taken advantage of like they are doing here.... I appreciate all the kind words and support from you guys...

The dealership I purchased the car from (Elkins Chevy) and Michielin have both stepped in to help me out. The detailer, already refunded me for the tire, but i will continue to fight for his money. If he gets his money back from canceling the charge on his account... and end up receiving extra compensation I will be donating it to a charity. Thank you again my friends.. I appreciate the kind words and support!
It's funny, we're not asking for a lot...the little things add up and show how they care, instead they treat you like a pile of ****.

Make sure to nail them good on their dealer survey, I believe it affects their GM rebates
Old 04-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Larry M
It's funny, we're not asking for a lot...the little things add up and show how they care, instead they treat you like a pile of ****.

Make sure to nail them good on their dealer survey, I believe it affects their GM rebates
I've always evaluated a company by how they handle a problem, especially automotive service, because doing the easy stuff like an oil change, that's easy, dealing with big problems, that's where they show how good they really are. In a lot of cases, when they fail at the easy stuff, they rarely if ever, can handle the big stuff.

Quick Reply: Dealership recommendations Northern NJ