Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Gate City Corvette Club's "Spring Fling" - Sun.,May 28th - Merrimack NH

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 06:21 PM
91 black convert
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Redc7z06
Another pic from show.
Too bad NH requires a front plate. It really takes away from the looks of the front end. Just my opinion , of course.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:26 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,295 Likes on 3,920 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

no, youre right. The Massholes are the same way. No one likes a front plate
Old 06-05-2017, 08:11 AM
c3c4c6
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedSoxFan
Terrific show as always! This was my 11th year participating and I continue to be impressed by the people, the cars, and the overall organization of the show. Well done! Got my score sheet in the mail today with some nice words from Dean. Thank you.
RedSoxFan,

Thanks for coming. I try to add comments to the sheets when I am familiar with the car or if the class is extremely competitive. We had one class that had 2 cars and they were tied. The tie-breaker that we use (maybe I should not say this in a public forum...) is the gas cap. We had to use that in one class. This was a great show with lots of great cars. We generally have a couple of cars that show up late and just park it. I think that is what I would do and Randy from CCRI can attest to that.

Anyway, back to the topic. glad you keep coming back.

Dean
Old 06-05-2017, 08:15 AM
c3c4c6
Advanced

Originally Posted by funz06
I try to go every year. I think it is about the best show around for corvette enthusiasts. I do not enter my car, but I thoroughly enjoy admiring all the great corvettes that show up---in the show, in the corral, and in the parking lot.

Granite City folks do a great job---just fantastic.

The venue is perfect---shade, very clean restrooms, indoor facilities (food and beer), but my favorite is the horses. The size of the show is great as well---just a short, pleasant walk from one the corrals to the Bud plant with plenty of shade allows you to see all the cars.

It is also the only show I have been to that has the Galli vendor where I can get my car on my shirts, etc.
funz06. That's GATE CITY CORVETTE CLUB, but we get the point. Thanks for your nice words about the show. We plan this for 6+ months and then just pray that we get good weather and an even better turnout.

I guess there is still confusion that people think they need to belong to our club to join the show. Just so people know, this is an open show. If you have a corvette and you want to show it, bring it down. If you have a corvette or other car that you want to show off, we have a corral parking where the cars don't get judged and you can display your car there.

Thanks

Dean
Old 06-05-2017, 08:19 AM
c3c4c6
Advanced

Originally Posted by 91 black convert
Thanks for all the pictures, but why the lack of C4's?
It didn't seem to be that the C4 numbers were low, but wow, it was the second lowest in the show. We had 3 C1's and only 8 C4's. We had more C2's than C4's. This does seem very odd. We used to have 12 categories of C4's until I changed the categories 4 years back. Based on the numbers, I am glad I did to make a little more competition.

This is also strange since c4 had such a long production run.

OK C4 owners, speak up. Do you not like shows, or were you just busy?
Old 06-05-2017, 08:21 AM
c3c4c6
Advanced

Originally Posted by Redc7z06
Another pic from show.
We have a couple of these in our club. I love this color! All I can say is

drool, drool, drool.

Dean
Old 06-05-2017, 03:33 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Here are a couple of pictures of my Z06 at this show. I took first in my class of 8 C7 coupes/Z06's.

Elaine

Old 06-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,567 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by 91 black convert
Too bad NH requires a front plate. It really takes away from the looks of the front end. Just my opinion , of course.
Agree! But better than giving them an excuse to pull you over.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:42 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by c3c4c6
funz06. That's GATE CITY CORVETTE CLUB, but we get the point. Thanks for your nice words about the show. We plan this for 6+ months and then just pray that we get good weather and an even better turnout.

I guess there is still confusion that people think they need to belong to our club to join the show. Just so people know, this is an open show. If you have a corvette and you want to show it, bring it down. If you have a corvette or other car that you want to show off, we have a corral parking where the cars don't get judged and you can display your car there.

Thanks

Dean
"Granite" City------Freudian slip. I grew up in Quincy, MA---A/K/A Granite City to us old timers. Our home phone numbers (no cell phones in those days, but more than a few 'party' lines) all began with GR9-XXXX, with the GR standing for Granite City. I apologize for any confusion.

Bottom line---you folks run a great show---I find it to be one of the best around-----and all the folks involved are wonderful.

The shirts I ordered from one of the key vendors at your show arrived in today's mail-------they look great.

See you next year!
Old 06-06-2017, 07:20 AM
c3c4c6
Advanced

Originally Posted by funz06
"Granite" City------Freudian slip. I grew up in Quincy, MA---A/K/A Granite City to us old timers. Our home phone numbers (no cell phones in those days, but more than a few 'party' lines) all began with GR9-XXXX, with the GR standing for Granite City. I apologize for any confusion.

Bottom line---you folks run a great show---I find it to be one of the best around-----and all the folks involved are wonderful.

The shirts I ordered from one of the key vendors at your show arrived in today's mail-------they look great.

See you next year!
Funz06

No worries. I just didn't want anyone looking for a granite city corvette club. I agree about Galli, our shirt vendor. They are great and have just about anything you could want. We saw them at a show in Rhode Island and invited them to our show. I think it is a great addition to our show.

Dean
Old 06-06-2017, 07:21 AM
c3c4c6
Advanced

Originally Posted by GS Diva
Here are a couple of pictures of my Z06 at this show. I took first in my class of 8 C7 coupes/Z06's.

Elaine

Nice job Elaine. Maybe we will see you on show class next year.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:39 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by c3c4c6
Nice job Elaine. Maybe we will see you on show class next year.
I was in Show class last year! Took a second in a class of 8. Not sure I will do that class again!

Elaine

Last edited by GS Diva; 06-07-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,567 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by GS Diva
I was in Show class last year! Took a second in a class of 8. Not sure I will do that class again!

Elaine
oh come on Show class is fun only 2 cars this year.

Quick Reply: Gate City Corvette Club's "Spring Fling" - Sun.,May 28th - Merrimack NH