Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Auto Train to Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 03:48 PM
zone69
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Auto Train to Florida

Has anyone ever put a C5 corvette on the train just bought a home in Florida not sure I want to do whole drive .....
Old 09-06-2023, 06:59 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I have never used the auto train, but my daughter goes to school in Florida and my wife has used it a few times to bring my daughter to school and back. I asked her if she ever sees sports cars getting on or off the train, and she says she's noticed more than a few expensive sports cars getting off the train and on.
The following users liked this post:
zone69 (09-08-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 06:37 PM
WOEII
Team Owner

Location: [QUOTE=onedef92]Remember when that spookable closed the door on that mofo and trapped him inside tha
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by zone69
Has anyone ever put a C5 corvette on the train just bought a home in Florida not sure I want to do whole drive .....
Parents used to use the autotrain all the time. A 12 Camaro had no issues and only complaint I ever herd them say was they did not serve steak this ride.
The following users liked this post:
zone69 (09-08-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 04:43 PM
carpecervisi
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Probably too late for the OP, but I recently took my C7 down to trade in on a new to me C8.

The Corvettes handled it beautifully. The folks checking in the C8 had me sign a waiver because of how low the front was, but no damage.

My poor old body didn’t fare near as well in coach on the long 16hr trip down. It was agony, I just couldn’t get comfortable although there was plenty of leg room.

I almost ditched the return leg but was able to upgrade to a two-seat roomette. The seats created a bottom bunk and there was a fold down top bunk. Fearing I wouldn’t be able to sleep like the way down, I had the porter only make up the top bunk in case I wanted to sit and read.

I had no issues sleeping on the way back but will say climbing into the top bunk took some work. If you’re older, out of shape or have any physical constraints, you may have problems.

All in all, it was a very positive experience. The bar car, lounge were pretty good. The dining car (not available if you’re traveling coach) was great. Everything was better than anything the airlines provide. If only it was a bullet train!
The following 2 users liked this post by carpecervisi:
JTBogus (09-27-2023), Y2KFirehawk (09-11-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Auto Train to Florida

Quick Reply: Auto Train to Florida