Northern California Northern California

Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:06 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 209TIME!!!
the raiders are doing just great so far...lmao!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:20 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Woodson
Speaking of Reece, remember his comments about free agency several days ago? I doubt he's pleased.

I bet he wish he was a free agent, so he wouldn't half to play for the Raiders. I read a article today, that Valdheer mom tweeted that the Raiders offer her son was a low ball offer and Reggie cleaning house. He already clean house, unless he trying to get rid of all of the players, Al Davis brought in.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Saffold failed his physical, so at least we won't have to pay him when he is injured and sitting on the bench. I think the paper said he missed 17 games in 4 seasons. On the NFL network yesterday they were going over the remaining top free agents. One of the ex coaches said that his favorite player was Jared Allen, because of his leadership and great work habits. He then said that he would be the perfect fit for the Raiders who need a veteran leader with those traits. It's funny that he is one of the players that the Raiders have not mentioned. Denver seems to be building up their defense, but we don't seem to be doing anything to help ours. Starting to look like another long season is coming our way.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,369 Likes on 793 Posts

Saffold, his agent, and the Rams all say Saffold is fine. Interested to see how this plays out. Maybe the Raiders had a change of heart and are trying to pull a fast one?
Old 03-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Saffold failed his physical, so at least we won't have to pay him when he is injured and sitting on the bench. I think the paper said he missed 17 games in 4 seasons. On the NFL network yesterday they were going over the remaining top free agents. One of the ex coaches said that his favorite player was Jared Allen, because of his leadership and great work habits. He then said that he would be the perfect fit for the Raiders who need a veteran leader with those traits. It's funny that he is one of the players that the Raiders have not mentioned. Denver seems to be building up their defense, but we don't seem to be doing anything to help ours. Starting to look like another long season is coming our way.

Yeah, hard to be a Raiders fan. With our schedule, probably be a 2-14 to 4-12 season. Way it going, might not even have enough player to suit up.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

I've been a die-hard Raiders fan since the late '70's. It's moves like this, and non-moves like not re-signing Veldheer, Houston, and Jennings (along with comical 1st round drafting) that have shifted my focus from the Raiders to Formula 1 in recent years.

Even when they re-signed Reece, they don't utilize his talents.

How many free agents are approached by the Raiders that just say "no thanks"?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:26 PM
CBZZZC5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul 68
I bet he wish he was a free agent, so he wouldn't half to play for the Raiders. I read a article today, that Valdheer mom tweeted that the Raiders offer her son was a low ball offer and Reggie cleaning house. He already clean house, unless he trying to get rid of all of the players, Al Davis brought in.
Reggie should fire himself and take Dennis with him.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Seems like Mark is behind this one.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CBZZZC5
Reggie should fire himself and take Dennis with him.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Saffold, his agent, and the Rams all say Saffold is fine. Interested to see how this plays out. Maybe the Raiders had a change of heart and are trying to pull a fast one?
It was a bad move in the first place, Saffold always seem to be hurt and coming off some bad injures, I guess McKenzie only likes injury players.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:02 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

The lack of non moves so far makes you wonder if some of the conspiracy theories about the team wanting out of Oakland are right. Raider fans were really lead to believe that we would be making some moves with all the free cap money. NE and Den among others seemed to have figured things out. Reggie had better start getting something done, or he will be looking for a new job. I don't think the fans will put up with this another season.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Justin Tuck

Raiders sign DE Justin Tuck, to a two year deal worth 11 Million. It's a start.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:03 PM
CBZZZC5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like Mark is behind this one.
Mark needs to take a page out of his Dad's book and send them packing. Now that we have the 60 M back maybe there's a good General Manager out there we could get. GO RAIDERS
Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default LaMarr Woodley

LB LaMarr Woodley sign a two year deal worth 12 Million.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:06 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Tuck and Woodley: thumbs: Finally moves in the right direction.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Yeah, but still don't trust McKenzie, hope he don't screw up the draft.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Matt Schaub

The Houston Texans may have a suitor for quarterback Matt Schaub after all in the Oakland Raiders.

According to SportsRadio 610 in Houston, the Raiders favor Schaub's abilities over the current pool of free agent quarterbacks and are in "serious talks" about acquiring him in a trade.

The Texans will look to ship Schaub with his $10.5 million salary cap cost to the Raiders, who have $59.9 million in cap space, in order to free up more cap room to grab another player in free agency or trade.

Currently, there is no word on what the Texans would be getting from the Raiders if the deal were to take place.

If they trade for him, they better not give up too high of draft pick.

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 03-17-2014, 08:50 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default James Jones

The Oakland Raiders signed unrestricted free agent wide receiver James Jones to a three-year deal, the team announced Monday.

Jones joins the Raiders following seven seasons with the Green Bay Packers, during which he helped the team to a victory in Super Bowl XLV. Jones' career totals include 104 games played with 47 starts, 310 receptions for 4,305 yards and 37 touchdowns. Additionally, he has posted 28 catches for 410 yards and four touchdowns in 11 postseason games.

Last season, Jones played in 14 games, all starts, and produced 59 catches for 817 yards and three touchdowns. In Green Bay's Week 2 win over Washington, Jones posted a career-high 178 receiving yards.

In 2012, Jones set a career high with 64 receptions for 784 yards and 14 touchdowns. His 14 touchdowns led the NFL that season, making him the first Green Bay receiver to lead the league in touchdown receptions since 1994.

Jones was originally drafted by the Packers in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft out of San Jose State.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Kevin Boothe

ALAMEDA -- Kevin Boothe, an eight-year veteran who began his career as a rookie starting guard with the Raiders, signed with them Monday.

Boothe, 30, has 62 NFL starts, including all 32 games the past two seasons with the New York Giants. Boothe started 14 games as a rookie sixth-round draft pick out of Cornell under Art Shell in 2006 but was cut the following season when the Raiders switched from a power and gap blocking scheme to a zone scheme under Lane Kiffin and line coach Tom Cable.

Oakland's offseason moves have zeroed in on tackles, with Austin Howard signing and Donald Penn visiting. Boothe would provide competition inside for right guard Mike Brisiel and left guard Khalif Barnes.

Boothe spent the past seven seasons with the Giants and earned two Super Bowl rings. He played center last season and adds depth behind Oakland starter Stefen Wisniewski.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:29 AM
ETM
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Lamar Woodley is an elite talent that got the largest contract in the history of the Steelers for a defensive player. After signing that deal Woodley was struck with mostly nagging injuries, a pulled hamstring or a strained calf keep him out of action the last two years or so. At the same he looked as if he has gotten heavier.

As a Steeler fan I was frustrated with Woodley and Im not sure if his injuries were purely bad luck or related to being complacent. Anyway his career has stalled reagardless.

With that said it`s a great pickup for the Oakland Raiders because Woodley is 29 years old and I don`t believe he had any any real serious injuries that would diminish him.

I would expect Lamar to come to the Raiders with a chip on his shoulder and ready to re establish himself as one of the great pass rushers in the NFL. The talent is there and if they can put some pieces around him to balance things out I wouldn`t be suprised if Lamar Woodley led the league in sacks next year.

I`m rooting for the guy.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders