Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Please Help! Need emissions diagram..454ci

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:48 PM
tobyte1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help! Need emissions diagram..454ci

Can someone [B]please[B] help me out? It's not a Corvette, although I am a Corvette guy. I am restoring a 1975 Caprice Classic convertible with the 454. I cannot find an emissions diagram for this car. Someone 'de-smogged' the car by cutting the belt and snatching the vacuum lines. I have the '74 service and overhaul manual, as well as the '75 service and overhaul supplement...no luck. I even ordered an emissions label from Osborn(had to get the '74 decal because they don't offer the '75) but that decal does not have the emissions diagram, just the timing settings. Anyway, the 454 has A.I.R and EFE as well as 2 three-port solenoids on the passenger side of the intake. I know that this engine was very rare in the '75 cars(oil embargo,first year for HEI and cats), but I never thought it would be this difficult to plumb the emissions system. I am at my wits' end. If someone could help me out or at least point me in the right direction, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks........Toby Taylor

Quick Reply: Please Help! Need emissions diagram..454ci