Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Here comes the Nissan GTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by wayne lowry
The point is and was if I have a choice I chose to buy American. There are many items that are near impossible to buy American. A sports car is not one of those items however.

Shutting the economic doors to those counties (whether buying or selling) is NOT an act of patriotism

We are buying plenty and selling very little. We have sold our souls is what we have sold with the outsourcing of jobs. Supporting the working middle class here in America the same people who I make my living off of is an act of Patriotism. I sell American made products for a living BECAUSE THERE IS A DIFFERENCE !! This 70K Nissan is an overcomplicated piece of trash, seen it before 3000GTVR4, RX7tt, Supra, they came they failed and they left. This will be no different.
Wayne you have made your point over and over and over and over and over can we just talk about cars now hunh? The thing that makes this country great is tolerance for different view points

Last edited by dashotgun; 10-18-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 PM
RedBeauty84ZX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edmunds comfirms the car ran a 7:38 nearly a month ago:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...opanel..1.*#60

The 7:35 time by Motor Trend today dosnt sound so far fetched now
Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 AM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

on behalf of the GT-R owners club I made video for all you guys enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGCWd83kc78
Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 AM
eddiehaskell
Advanced

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Edmunds comfirms the car ran a 7:38 nearly a month ago:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...opanel..1.*#60

The 7:35 time by Motor Trend today dosnt sound so far fetched now
Stop trolling and read the Autoweek article I posted.
But it's one thing to put a license plate on a race car and call it streetable. Chief engineer Kazutoshi Mizuno said the new GT-R was designed and engineered as an all-around, all-season, all-weather car that is comfortable to drive every day, even at normal speeds on a normal day.
We only got three full laps and no one was timing us, so you'll just have to assume we set the lap record. Earlier, Mizuno-san had offered some lap times from the Nordschliefe for various cars driven by the German magazine SportAuto. Those times are driver-dependent, track-knowledge-dependent, weather-, traffic- and bunny-crossing-the-track dependent. But Mizuno suggested the GT-R could get anywhere from 7:44 on up, with most laps coming in between 7:55 and 7:58. So he suggested the GT-R's strong suit was that it offered "the best cost per lap time." For whatever that's worth.
The freakin' chief engineer said it'll be slower than 7:44 with most lap times in the mid-high 7:50s. Either he is an idiot or the far-fetched lap times are bogus.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
RedBeauty84ZX
Racer

Originally Posted by eddiehaskell

The freakin' chief engineer said it'll be slower than 7:44 with most lap times in the mid-high 7:50s. Either he is an idiot or the far-fetched lap times are bogus.
I have already read the article, autoweek was there in SEPTEMBER...just like edmunds/motor trend etc. I'm sure last month 7:44 was the best they had achieved...but in the last 2-3 weeks we have gotten a 7:38 and now 7:35 report.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

This was entertaining. Now it's boring.

I want my last 20 minutes back.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:40 PM
eddiehaskell
Advanced

I have already read the article, autoweek was there in SEPTEMBER...just like edmunds/motor trend etc. I'm sure last month 7:44 was the best they had achieved...but in the last 2-3 weeks we have gotten a 7:38 and now 7:35 report.
This is why I say drugs are bad.

The GTR is only 2 seconds slower than the Zonda F which is 1000lbs lighter and has 180 more HP? Right......

Please just stop.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
wayne lowry
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by M_C6
on behalf of the GT-R owners club I made video for all you guys enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGCWd83kc78
I like the video but why not have some Japanese music to go along with the Japanese car ?? Something nice and boring. Nice job on the vid though. I love the Honda and Toyota ads showing nothing but Americans and playing rock and roll music, rotten bastards.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:31 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gmumd48
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...8/newsletter02

Love the concept can't stand the lines

But hey I love Corvettes, and Turtles,(911s)

I just don't love the looks
This is going to be a great street and road course car cuz its also AWD (I think all wheel steering too) but I agree, the looks leave much to be desired. Thats too bad
Old 10-20-2007, 05:49 PM
BoostManiac
Team Owner

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Finally, to all the tubo guys that think all you have to do is crank up the boost for 150 extra HP. Uh guys....if it was that easy, everybody would do it. There is NO such thing as a $1500 mod that brings 150HP and also has the engine staying together for any length of time.

Jimmy
Wrong you are in the case of the MKIV Supra and probably in the case of this new Skyline as well. A catless exhaust and "free" boost mod with fuel tuning can gain more than 150 BHP for the Supra on stock turbos and then engine won't even break a sweat. And everybody IS doing it----getting tremendous power out of turbo engines is very, very popular now.

I hope this Skyline can live up to its hype and shake the sports car world up a little. Too bad they couldn't have gotten the weight down, but I bet this car is going to have amazing all around performance and the lightweight/high HP versions are going to be killers!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:56 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

I like the video but why not have some Japanese music to go along with the Japanese car ?? Something nice and boring. Nice job on the vid though. I love the Honda and Toyota ads showing nothing but Americans and playing rock and roll music, rotten bastards.

the GT-R was once given the Nickname GODZILLA but the austrailians and it stuck. so the car is commonly refered to that by people outside of japan. i made a few other verisons of the video ( you can find them on my youtube) with different music but i couldnt pass up the song GODZILLA by blue oyster cult
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

Originally Posted by z51vett
Can you say infinity g35 coupe on steroids and its a truck chassis thats why it weighs so much. My wife owned a g35 pig till I bought her a Corvette.
z51vett
You have no clue what your talking about. The G/Z/GTR have nothing that is similar to the trucks period.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

Same can be said for the Vette as a "Chevy". lol

80K for a Nissan I can't wait to clobber one of those in my 1970s designed C4 It's kinda like a Z06 for the queer You can make anything fast so what, even the Japanese can do it now !! Some nasty tt V6 yeah that should hold together. idiots

Apparrently you don't have a lot of expierience with boosted cars. 300ZX TTs run high 13s stock, with basic bolt ons and boost they are 11 second cars. Same with Supras and previous GTRs. This car will likely see 150HP gains with basic modifications, that + good driving and grippy tires should easily put it in the low 10s and possibly 9's. There are 10 second Supra/300ZXs still on STOCK turbos.

A 400chp Supra and a 900chp Supra both run 12s The MAJORITY of the modded tt Supras are Dyno queens and don't launch or e.t. worth a damn. I know there are SOME that get it done but for the most part they are ****ing comical.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

Originally Posted by C6~Missle
Maybe you should get some real world experience instead of worrying about concepts. Also try posting something that offers some useful information , like facts and not just insults. You might learn something.

He has more experience than you it seems. You have already shown that you have no clue about FI engines. You were told wrong by him, and several other members here.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

Originally Posted by NetViper
I think the car looks pretty good, but the interior is CRAP. For $80K it should be a lot better. The 4LT puts this interior to shame... even the 3LT looks better.

It will be interesting to see how it compares on the track to the Z06.

I still think they should have made it an Infinity. Paying 80K for a nissan just doesn't seem right.
Better than any chevy has made for interiors. lol
Old 10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

Ahh comparing magazine articles from 23 years ago, I LOVE how he has the magazine and because three out of four liberal writers chose the Nissan it's hands down the winner The 84 Corvette pulled over 1.0g on the skidpad with shaved gatorbacks with the Z51 handling package. There is no comparison, if it weren't for the 84 there would be no C5-C6 the Nissan 300Z came, it failed and went away. You should follow that example.
LOL! Sorry but I have a C4 Vette and know for a fact that car can not do over 1.0g or even .90g. With those truck sized tires on it I am sorry but my NISMO 350Z will absolutely kill it, and so will our Acura RL. :P

I have owned my fair share of Chevy or should I say American vehicles, all were unreliable POS that is why we now own Nissan/Acura cars.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

Funny you put it that way but have you noticed the Corvette does not have Chevy anywhere on it ? It's not about snobbery and it's not all about specs on paper. I bought my Corvettes in part due to the fact that they are Corvettes. There is a heritage, a history. A Nissan is well just a Nissan to me. It may be a fantastic performance car which I doubt however I would not be caught dead in one. I make my living and it's a good one selling American made products. I sell some Chinese products and Japanese products only when I have NO other choice. I go out of my way to buy American and have yet to be disappointed for doing so.

Last I checked, the GT-R also doesn't say Nissan on it. It has GT-R only.

Chevy is just a Chevy with a Big engine that is all. I bet you don't see roof's flying off GT-Rs.

Get notified of new replies

To Here comes the Nissan GTR

Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

That was posted by that engineer over 1.5 months ago. They have been testing it since getting it lowered. That info was a estimate also and out dated. So stop posting old stuff.

Originally Posted by eddiehaskell

Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Boost_TT
That was posted by that engineer over 1.5 months ago. They have been testing it since getting it lowered. That info was a estimate also and out dated. So stop posting old stuff.
To be fair boost, it makes no sense, the claim makes no sense, I have been defending the GTR as well, but after hearing the facts, only if god was to take the GTR in his own hand, would he get 7:35 time out of it, no matter what the mags post, i am also in line to get one and i think it is phenominal allrounder and will go neck and neck with the Turbo(hopefully) but will be left behind by the Z06 in most circumstances(but surely not destroyed or atleast i hope not)

The only possibility that it can put those figures down is if it weighted next to nothing and has closer to 550hp, since the GT2 with its blistering record did it on cup tires with 530hp and about 501 torque and 3186lb weight, there is no way in hell would a 473hp, 3783lb car come even 15 secs close to the time posted by GT2 on similar tires, so to be realistic, the times are going to be in the 7:45-7:48 range and if thats true, thats pretty damn good considering the 997 Turbo did a 7:52 with Sports Auto and GTR is being driven around by Sports Auto drivers..

Last edited by KILR-RYD; 10-22-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
c40carbon
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Sorry does not count. Needs to be on one of the N-ring Web sites of times.

SO no official time - AGAIN . . . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordsch...test_lap_times

Quick Reply: Here comes the Nissan GTR