Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

C6 and Lexus LS 460

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:03 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
GX 470 here not one problem in 4 years, no rattle, leak, squeak whatsoever. 2010
Rx350, Not an issue yet. when go in Lexus will kiss you all over. Try getting that
treatment from a chevy dealer even if a 60K vette
Same at Audi
Old 01-01-2010, 11:12 AM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Someone needs to take back their lex to get it fixed. That's not the norm.
I have an RX330. It's a piece of crap. Parts are an overpriced rip off.

Last edited by goatts; 01-01-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:17 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
GX 470 here not one problem in 4 years, no rattle, leak, squeak whatsoever. 2010
Rx350, Not an issue yet. when go in Lexus will kiss you all over. Try getting that
treatment from a chevy dealer even if a 60K vette
Old 01-01-2010, 04:20 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by pTr73
Acura = Honda
Infiniti = Nissan
Lexus = Toyota

I am waiting for Kia & Hyundai to do the same thing and charge the consumer $80+

I buy american... If I want luxury i'd go with a caddy! Not a toyota, nissan or honda.
Glad you do, but as a tax payer, I'm tired of our government spending my tax dollars to bail out American car companies!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:49 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Acura = Honda
Infiniti = Nissan
Lexus = Toyota

I am waiting for Kia & Hyundai to do the same thing and charge the consumer $80+

I buy american... If I want luxury i'd go with a caddy! Not a toyota, nissan or honda.
You missed one...

Cadillac = Chevy.

BTW, the Lexus I just got is to replace a 2008 Cadillac CTS. Enough said.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:59 PM
thechief
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife has an 07 GX470 that has been trouble free. I have a GS350AWD that has the infamous dash rattle. Got it fixed. I am guessing the rattle was from the OEM runflats that were crap. I got 55,000 miles out of them. Replaced them with ContiTouring and the car was transformed immediately to quiet and smooth. Sound familiar.
My dealings with the Lexus dealer has been outstanding. That 460 needs to go right back. The dealer will correct it and treat the customer like gold.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
I own a '02 GS 430 and must admit it has been the best car I've ever owned (7 years of history). Fit and finish are second to none, utterly reliable and I wouldn't hesitate one bit on buying another. In fact, I'm looking at an IS-F (and a '09 CTS-V ) to possibly replace it but it's going to be difficult to part with it.
Our RX400h has not had one problem in the almost 5 years that we've owned it. In that amount of time with the Corvette, there's been more than 5 issues, one requireing the car to be flat-bedded to the dealership.

There really is no comparison when it comes to reliability. Lexus rules.

That being said, I must add that I like the Corvette seats better and enjoy the HUD and many displays for things like oil temperature and tire pressure.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jschindler
You missed one...

Cadillac = Chevy.

BTW, the Lexus I just got is to replace a 2008 Cadillac CTS. Enough said.
It isnt a Chevy its actually GM.

GM didnt create Cadillac as nissan did infiniti for example. Cadillac was started in 1902 and bought out by GM in 1909. There is a bit of a difference with that. As it was always a car that offered luxury not some polished up GM with a high price tag.

I also love how most of the people (I am not saying you in particular) on here claim to be so patriotic and yet buy japanese or european cars. That really boggles my mind when people do that.

I know I cant buy everything american as with alot of electronics such as sony, and panasonic. But I try really hard to stay with american brands.

Last edited by pTr73; 01-02-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:52 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by iridelow
Glad you do, but as a tax payer, I'm tired of our government spending my tax dollars to bail out American car companies!
Maybe its people like you who buy foreign cars in which makes american car companies go bankrupt. And dont give me that crap about how un-reliable american cars are. I see just as many ***/euro cars in repair shops and junkyards as american cars are.

Every brand of car has some set of problems, regardless of make, model or year.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:56 PM
dbhajek
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also love how most of the people (I am not saying you in particular) on here claim to be so patriotic and yet buy japanese or european cars. That really boggles my mind when people do that.

My wife and I are very patriotic but if an American car company wants my money they need to build me a car that I want to buy like they did with the ZO6. I am not going to buy a American car just because its American when there is better options for me and my wife that are not American. I didnt buy my Vette because its American, I bought it because of the performance compared to other cars even imports.

So till then my wife that has been in the AirForce for 17 years will drive a lexus. As for me, Persian gulf vet and now a defence contractor, will keep driving my Acura as a daily driver.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

GM didnt create Cadillac as nissan did infiniti for example. Cadillac was started in 1902 and bought out by GM in 1909. There is a bit of a difference with that. As it was always a car that offered luxury not some polished up GM with a high price tag.

I know I cant buy everything american as with alot of electronics such as sony, and panasonic. But I try really hard to stay with american brands.
I understand your point, but don't really see the distinction you are trying to make. I have a Lexus - it is not based upon a single Toyota badged vehicle. Likewise for Infiniti- only their full size SUV is based upon a Nissan branded vehicle.

Several Cadillacs are actually built on the same platform as Chevy's and Buicks (although I admit they are getting away from that with the STS and CTS.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dbhajek
My wife and I are very patriotic but if an American car company wants my money they need to build me a car that I want to buy like they did with the ZO6. I am not going to buy a American car just because its American when there is better options for me and my wife that are not American. I didnt buy my Vette because its American, I bought it because of the performance compared to other cars even imports.

So till then my wife that has been in the AirForce for 17 years will drive a lexus. As for me, Persian gulf vet and now a defence contractor, will keep driving my Acura as a daily driver.
So you would call giving revenue to another country via buying their products is being a patriot?

pa⋅tri⋅ot  /ˈpeɪtriət, -ˌɒt or, especially Brit., ˈpætriət/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pey-tree-uht, -ot or, especially Brit., pa-tree-uht]

noun 1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

(I bolded the word "interests" since revenue happens to fall into that catagory).

Enjoy your imports!!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 PM
dbhajek
Pro

So you would call giving revenue to another country via buying their products is being a patriot?

pa⋅tri⋅ot  /ˈpeɪtriət, -ˌɒt or, especially Brit., ˈpætriət/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pey-tree-uht, -ot or, especially Brit., pa-tree-uht]

noun 1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

(I bolded the word "interests" since revenue happens to fall into that catagory).

Enjoy your imports!!
There is more to being patriotic then buying American cars. I would love for someone to call my dad, who volunteered for the army, vietnam vet/bronze star with valor/purple heart, American flag up every day at his house, unpatriotic because he drives a honda.

And if you think "interests" means keeping american money in the states then you must think the US goverment isnt very patriotic since they sure send a lot of money out of this country.

I cant imagine the junk the big three would be putting out if all Americans would blindly buy them.

I do enjoy my imports.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

There is more to being patriotic then buying American cars. I would love for someone to call my dad, who volunteered for the army, vietnam vet/bronze star with valor/purple heart, American flag up every day at his house, unpatriotic because he drives a honda.

And if you think "interests" means keeping american money in the states then you must think the US goverment isnt very patriotic since they sure send a lot of money out of this country.

I cant imagine the junk the big three would be putting out if all Americans would blindly buy them.

I do enjoy my imports.
I dont see how anyone can call themselves a patriot and buy foreign cars. That is the ultimate contradiction, my grandfathers both fought in WW2 and both drove american cars.

Yes "interests" means keeping money in the states, our government... Well lets put it this way, they dont give something away (money) unless they get something for it, so lets leave it at that shall we.

The main reason I buy american cars is because I like the styling and performance better. This country is brainwashed into thinking japanese cars are built better. As I said before they break down just as much as any of their american counterparts... If you feel the price of your Acura is justified then have fun with it! Its still an overpriced honda.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:44 PM
dbhajek
Pro

I dont see how anyone can call themselves a patriot and buy foreign cars.
Well your wrong, my wife and I are living proof of that. All you would have to do is look at my wifes and my duty to this country till this day.

We didnt buy imports because they are imports, we bought them because when we compared all the cars in the same category the winner for us was Acura/Honda and Lexus/Toyota. So you are saying that after test driving and comparing many cars, and even though my wife liked the Lexus the best, we should have bought a Cadillac? That doesnt sound very American to me.

The difference between you and me is I dont have any problem you driving a American car over a import, but you have a problem with me driving a import over an American car. I served my country and my wife still is to give you that right, even though you dont consider us patriots.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

I dont see how anyone can call themselves a patriot and buy foreign cars. That is the ultimate contradiction, my grandfathers both fought in WW2 and both drove american cars.

Yes "interests" means keeping money in the states, our government... Well lets put it this way, they dont give something away (money) unless they get something for it, so lets leave it at that shall we.

The main reason I buy american cars is because I like the styling and performance better. This country is brainwashed into thinking japanese cars are built better. As I said before they break down just as much as any of their american counterparts... If you feel the price of your Acura is justified then have fun with it! Its still an overpriced honda.
A patriot is someone who is loyal to their country. I don't see how that requires we buy from "for profit" companies who happen to be located in the U.S. (assuming you can call GM a for profit company).

We live in a global economy. I work for a U.S. based company but we sell many millions of dollars of our products outside of North America. Is our company unpatriotic because we don't mind making a profit from other countries? In fact, we employ quite a few U.S. citizens both in the U.S. and abroad who are only involved in our international sales (so please don't tell me that being patriotic supports U.S. workers).

Think about it - it works both ways. Can't have one without the other.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jschindler
A patriot is someone who is loyal to their country. I don't see how that requires we buy from "for profit" companies who happen to be located in the U.S. (assuming you can call GM a for profit company).

We live in a global economy. I work for a U.S. based company but we sell many millions of dollars of our products outside of North America. Is our company unpatriotic because we don't mind making a profit from other countries? In fact, we employ quite a few U.S. citizens both in the U.S. and abroad who are only involved in our international sales (so please don't tell me that being patriotic supports U.S. workers).

Think about it - it works both ways. Can't have one without the other.
Yes being a patriot is supporting US workers. Do you understand that buying foreign cars the US currency no longer circulates here. And if it continues there will be no more currency left. We are our own worst enemy. Id rather buy american and keep the money here.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 and Lexus LS 460

Old 01-04-2010, 08:17 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Well your wrong, my wife and I are living proof of that. All you would have to do is look at my wifes and my duty to this country till this day.

We didnt buy imports because they are imports, we bought them because when we compared all the cars in the same category the winner for us was Acura/Honda and Lexus/Toyota. So you are saying that after test driving and comparing many cars, and even though my wife liked the Lexus the best, we should have bought a Cadillac? That doesnt sound very American to me.

The difference between you and me is I dont have any problem you driving a American car over a import, but you have a problem with me driving a import over an American car. I served my country and my wife still is to give you that right, even though you dont consider us patriots.

I dont have a problem with you driving anything as I said earlier "enjoy your import" but dont contradict yourself by calling yourself a patriot meanwhile you are suppoprting foreign economies. A true patriot would look for anyway to support America includiing its industries.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
dbhajek
Pro

I dont have a problem with you driving anything as I said earlier "enjoy your import" but dont contradict yourself by calling yourself a patriot meanwhile you are suppoprting foreign economies. A true patriot would look for anyway to support America includiing its industries.
Sure you have a problem with driving a import, dont kid yourself. I have told you I have worn the Military Uniform, I have fought for this country, you dont even know me and you call me unpatriotic because I drive a honda. You wouldnt go up to some one and call him a A$$HOLE unless you had a problem with him but that is what you are doing to me.

But like I said, I wore the uniform and my wife still does wear the uniform so you can have your opinions, no mater how wrong they are, and be able to buy any car you want.

Last edited by dbhajek; 01-04-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:34 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

You being in the armed forces doesnt make you any more patriotic than the next man. I doubt you chose the military because of your patriotic love of this country, you've made a career out of it. I have nothing but total respect for what you and your wife do for this country, and my hats off to you for that, honestly. And its because of your duties and from others to this country I have freedom to do and say as I please.

I just dont see how anyone can proclaim true patriotism but yet support foreign economies. A true patriot thinks... "lets buy american, to support america". There is a reason some things have labels saying "made in the USA".

Quick Reply: C6 and Lexus LS 460