Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Grand Sport & My New Daily Driver...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:09 AM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My DD is a 2000 Maxima GLE with 191K on the clock. It kicks azz. The commute to and from work is 50+ miles. The 09 Z06 is used on ocassion for the commute and believe me when I say it's hard to exercise restraint.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM
jsims002
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must be a tough route if you need to wear a helmet on your commute

Originally Posted by glennhl
Honda makes a decent car. However, never understood why someone in Florida needs a daily driver when they already own the best daily driver in the world. Here's my daily driver:

Originally Posted by GrandSportGirly
If I didn't have to drive about 30 miles one way to work and my gas needle didn't move a 1/4 of a tank one way then I would keep driving the GS as a daily...

My Vette's also got daily driven like that but on a real track, not in a parking lot...

Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 AM
GrandSportGirly
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by niteriderc5
The BBS wheels are the way to go IMO. They matched the first Gen TSX so well, and because it basically shares a similar profile with your current gen I'm sure it'll still look awesome. BTW i was under the impression that you were a service writer...what service writer gets to have a company car!??! lucky....
I was a Service Advisor for years, I am a Finance Manager now. It's not a company car it's my car they just gave me a great deal since I am an employee.

Originally Posted by gmccreary
My DD is a 2000 Maxima GLE with 191K on the clock. It kicks azz. The commute to and from work is 50+ miles. The 09 Z06 is used on ocassion for the commute and believe me when I say it's hard to exercise restraint.
Yes it's hard to exercise restraint when trying to drive the GS everyday, and watching the gas needle go to empty very quickly was getting old real quick. I will still drive the GS to work maybe twice a week though.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:52 AM
mdb917
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice choice on the DD.

Having owned a number of Acuras over the years I think they are one of the most under rated cars in America. Similar to the Corvette in one respect, lots of bang for the buck. Add the Honda quality and they are hard to beat.

I personally have to have a DD here in wintery Iowa but even if I was in a state such as Florida, Texas, California, etc. I would still have a car/truck that I could just use for all those odd errands that come up that I would not want to subject the Corvette to.

BTW: I'm leaning towards the BBS wheels but you can not go wrong with either.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:20 AM
GrandSportGirly
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mdb917
Nice choice on the DD.

Having owned a number of Acuras over the years I think they are one of the most under rated cars in America. Similar to the Corvette in one respect, lots of bang for the buck. Add the Honda quality and they are hard to beat.

I personally have to have a DD here in wintery Iowa but even if I was in a state such as Florida, Texas, California, etc. I would still have a car/truck that I could just use for all those odd errands that come up that I would not want to subject the Corvette to.

BTW: I'm leaning towards the BBS wheels but you can not go wrong with either.
Yeah alot of people under rate the Acura but untill you have driven one or owned one most people don't have a clue. Acura has always had a soft spot in my heart. It really is a great car for a daily driver. Also the Acura does have alot of features the Vette does not have interior wise.

I think the BBS's are going to be the winner...
Old 01-27-2010, 02:48 PM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Ahh got it, I worked internet sales for three years at Chevy, Buick, Cadillac and Saab. Got out of it when the $#it hit the fan. I can't lie, I do miss the business . Good luck with your new position and congrats on the new rides

Originally Posted by GrandSportGirly
I was a Service Advisor for years, I am a Finance Manager now. It's not a company car it's my car they just gave me a great deal since I am an employee.

Yes it's hard to exercise restraint when trying to drive the GS everyday, and watching the gas needle go to empty very quickly was getting old real quick. I will still drive the GS to work maybe twice a week though.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 PM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

... this might be the most entertaining post ever on this forum! ("inside" joke) ...

Quick Reply: Grand Sport & My New Daily Driver...