Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Battle of the Supercars - ZR1 vs Viper SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
JDRacing
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GZ06
Heres my American muscle line up.

08' 650R package
10' CTSV 600V package
10' ZR1 (Dropping the ZR1 off at LMR to slap in a cam/full exhaust/pulley/etc).
HOLY SH$%! Congratulations on an incredible stable.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Onerareviper
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 6 Posts

08' 650R package
10' CTSV 600V package

I love the looks of the viper and the raw power. (Made 580rwhp) But the ZR1 is just so easy to drive, with the mods its going to just be a beast!
A black Ford GT sure would look good in that lineup....
Old 08-05-2010, 04:36 PM
GZ06
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 12 Posts

Ford GT or gallardo is next in the line up!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Onerareviper
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 6 Posts

Ford GT or gallardo is next in the line up!
Yeah, that'll work. Looking at your current lineup, I have a funny feeling the Italian may get two spinning snail like devices attached. Just a hunch... Call me Miss Cleo.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:28 PM
DoctorV8
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by gz06
ford gt or gallardo is next in the line up!
fgt ftw!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by DYNAMIC RON
The cars are moded! Not a fair test of power.
I think most of the episodes use factory stock cars. I know the episode with the 1000 HP Camaro and 1000 HP Mustang were obviously not bone stock.

I'm betting the ZR1 vs Viper episode uses stock / non-modified cars.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 PM
skeetdaddy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR1 vs. Viper

08' 650R package
10' CTSV 600V package

I love the looks of the viper and the raw power. (Made 580rwhp) But the ZR1 is just so easy to drive, with the mods its going to just be a beast!
Great cars you have....What is a 650R package and just curious who did it? What are the good looking wheels on your viper?

Also in addition to my 08 and 2001 vipers, I have my ZR1, 07 Z06 & getting ready to SCharge it...Also have a 93 Lingenfelter 383 with Callaway aero kit that I have had 17 yrs. Life is good......
Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 PM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default We win!!!!!!!!

Good showing for the ZR1 even though PT seems to be the superior driver at the wheel of the Viper. Why didn't Tanner use the launch control in the acceleration portions of the various comparisons?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 PM
GS-Zero
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Am I the only one that's wondering why these drivers failed to post 0-60 times under 4 seconds...? A base 'Vette will do it in 3.9 with the right driver, aren't these guys supposed to be professional?

Anyways, I think it was a stupid comparison. I think that since it was a Michelin sponsored program, they couldn't let the ZR1 obliterate the Viper in every test because they've got a contract with both Corvette and Viper and they didn't want to make Dodge (or Fiat, I suppose...) upset. Even still, it's ridiculous. An SRT-10 should be compared with a Z06, not a ZR1. If they wanted to use a ZR1, they should have found an ACR Viper.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:38 PM
skeetdaddy
Instructor

Default ZR1 vs. Viper

Originally Posted by FRIVOLOU-Z
Am I the only one that's wondering why these drivers failed to post 0-60 times under 4 seconds...? A base 'Vette will do it in 3.9 with the right driver, aren't these guys supposed to be professional?

Anyways, I think it was a stupid comparison. I think that since it was a Michelin sponsored program, they couldn't let the ZR1 obliterate the Viper in every test because they've got a contract with both Corvette and Viper and they didn't want to make Dodge (or Fiat, I suppose...) upset. Even still, it's ridiculous. An SRT-10 should be compared with a Z06, not a ZR1. If they wanted to use a ZR1, they should have found an ACR Viper.
Having both of these find cars, you are dead wrong in your assumptions.....I would be surprised if you have even driven a Gen 4 Viper......Don't ever think the 600 HP Viper is not a world class car, especially in the way that it was run & driven on the program.....I thought the viper could possibly outrun the Z up to 120 or so and was surprised that it actually outran the Z past 160......In no way is the viper a better all around car than the Z, bur Sir, you should give the viper its due on what you saw tonight..........
Old 08-05-2010, 11:53 PM
0HennesseyPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skeetdaddy
Having both of these find cars, you are dead wrong in your assumptions.....I would be surprised if you have even driven a Gen 4 Viper......Don't ever think the 600 HP Viper is not a world class car, especially in the way that it was run & driven on the program.....I thought the viper could possibly outrun the Z up to 120 or so and was surprised that it actually outran the Z past 160......In no way is the viper a better all around car than the Z, bur Sir, you should give the viper its due on what you saw tonight..........
Old 08-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The cars seemed about dead-even to me.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 AM
DYNAMIC RON
Instructor

Get real people! This show is not real life!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:28 AM
beden1
Drifting

Originally Posted by DYNAMIC RON
Get real people! This show is not real life!
Why is that?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 AM
GS-Zero
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Congratulations on owning both of these cars; I envy you. But your reply to my comment, I believe, was poorly filtered retaliatory instinct, and consequently made no real sense whatsoever. No, I haven't driven one, but what difference does it make? Just because you've driven both and you think the Viper is faster doesn't mean it is. I'd advise you to pay closer attention to more credible automotive media. The bigger reads have tested both cars and if you look very, very carefully, you'll notice that there's no contest. Do a little more digging, and you'll find that when you pair an SRT-10 with a Z06, you get what's called a driver's race.

Now before you say anything more, cool it. I'm not a hardcore 'Vettes-only fanboy, nor am I a simpleton. That being said, I'll also take the time to say that I like Vipers, and in no way did I ever suggest, attempt to suggest or even accidentally suggest that the Viper isn't a world-class supercar. All I said is that it's blisteringly obvious that the ZR1 is a faster world-class supercar.

Now, if we were talking ACR Viper, it'd be a whole different story. That thing's a beast and there's good reason it's faster than ZR1 at the Nordschleife.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Mr turbo rotary
Team Owner

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I was suprized how fast the ZR1 pulled the Viper up top.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:50 AM
skeetdaddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by FRIVOLOU-Z
Congratulations on owning both of these cars; I envy you. But your reply to my comment, I believe, was poorly filtered retaliatory instinct, and consequently made no real sense whatsoever. No, I haven't driven one, but what difference does it make? Just because you've driven both and you think the Viper is faster doesn't mean it is. I'd advise you to pay closer attention to more credible automotive media. The bigger reads have tested both cars and if you look very, very carefully, you'll notice that there's no contest. Do a little more digging, and you'll find that when you pair an SRT-10 with a Z06, you get what's called a driver's race.

Now before you say anything more, cool it. I'm not a hardcore 'Vettes-only fanboy, nor am I a simpleton. That being said, I'll also take the time to say that I like Vipers, and in no way did I ever suggest, attempt to suggest or even accidentally suggest that the Viper isn't a world-class supercar. All I said is that it's blisteringly obvious that the ZR1 is a faster world-class supercar.

Now, if we were talking ACR Viper, it'd be a whole different story. That thing's a beast and there's good reason it's faster than ZR1 at the Nordschleife.
I do not have to go to the media, I do not have to cool it and this will be my last reply to you Sir.....My pappy taught me the juice is not worth the squeeze to try and reason with an unreasonable person.....It is so evident to me and possibly quite reasonable to feel that anyone who has both of these cars can tell you are "blisteringly" uneducated about the viper....If you are ever in S. Ga. look me up and I will be glad to educate you.......

Get notified of new replies

To Battle of the Supercars - ZR1 vs Viper SRT-10

Old 08-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mr turbo rotary
I was suprized how fast the ZR1 pulled the Viper up top.
"Up top" is pretty up top at over 160. I think it was because the Viper had to shift to a much taller gear. Kinda like the Z06 shifting to 5th and losing alot of ground to a seven-speed auto Bimmer M6. The Viper would win about every street race. I was surprised that the Viper held a solid lead all the way up to 160+.

Last edited by Turbooo2u; 08-06-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:15 AM
waltershu
Instructor

I think, if that had been a 2010 viper with the revised 5th gear. The zr1 would have lost that race.

Last edited by waltershu; 08-06-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Received 741 Likes on 292 Posts

Quick Reply: Battle of the Supercars - ZR1 vs Viper SRT-10