Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Porsches,,UGH!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Richard Roys
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my vette is 1st U.S.A car I hvd in 25 yrs I luv it

Originally Posted by Zer0vette
Boxters and caymans don't impress me too much.. 911s are a different story though. I wouldn't give up my corvette for one but i also wouldn't mind one in my garage next to my corvette.
I do have a slantnose 930 Turbo convertible one of 50 it's an 89, also I have Cayenne Turbo S s.u.v. my Cayenne is a lot of fun 2 drive I have owned it for over four years only complaint would be after 24 mounths 24 thousand miles the oil change and service is not cheep and the tires last about 8,500 miles. Some of the trim items have needed attition also wiffee wanted a s.u.v. other than the Jeep SRT8 it was a simple choice back then at lease. My 89 930 Turbo is a different story it is cheep for service, plus its an air cooled car giving the reliability equal to a john dear tractor. Added benefit is with every stop I get the thumbs up and rock star treatment at restaurants. Having owned a lot of the world best cars I can say my vette brings a smile on my face. I grew up with my mom & dad having over 12 vettes I always wanted one, it took a mid life crisis for me to write the check.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Richard Roys
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterK
Can you import one from US?
How many opinions can u put on a ZR1 or ZO6 w/ the $150,000 difference between TT 911or GT3 911? I am sure that it would be very easy and not so expensive upgrading that "tacky" plastic dash ect.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Leonie
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
My observations:

1. Some of those "observers" and cameramen are a bit crazy as far as where they are standing in relation to the roads.

I agree!

2. Those cars must be all wheel drive versions.

No, they aren´t, for this kind of events (often accelerate out of tight corners) the rear engine traction bonus comes to full success.

3. They all sound like angry bumble bees.

Very angry ones indeed! A youtube vid cannot reproduce the effects of these beasts going all out through small villages...

4. Rally Vettes would most likely have to be all wheel drive to compete...

look at 2.

...although it looks like Porsche restricts entrants to owners of.....Porsches.

This filming was done at the German rally championship, the reason you only see Porsches is: the guy editing the vid made a vid out of the best Porsche scenes and sound, thus the name "Best of Porsche"...

5. Where's Ken Block in a rally Fiesta when you need him?

Good one!
To be fair, the GT3´s are really fast on the tarmac sections, on mud and gravel they get quite owned by the "lesser" AWD classes.

But the people who started this "thing" (Olaf Dobberkau, the one with the signal red one, and friends) decided to compete with a GT3 for the primary reason: having fun!

And as this is in the off topic section anyway, just for the sheer fun of it, the mentioned Gallardo, competing in this championship for - well - FUN, and of course also to gain additional R&D data for their FIA GT3 roadcourse racing participance.

Must be the world´s shortest geared Gallardo!

Gallardo between little German villages...

Best, Bernd
Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Awesome video!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leonie
Another thing I like is rallying, unfortunately, I have never seen a Corvette beeing brought to such an event, and no other sports car, by the way. Except for some crazy guys competing with a Gallardo.

But 911´s are still popular in this hardware-torturing discipline...

Klick here to see, and hear!

And please, do not read this as bashing was intended, I would really like to see a Rally Vette!

Best, Bernd
great compilation of angry Porsches. The GT3 I drove recently sounded just like that at 8400 rpm. The legs on my mates car is a lot taller, the rally cars sounded like they had much shorter gearing. Looks like they were having fun....... Stewy
Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are we all said and done ! Stewy

Quick Reply: Porsches,,UGH!!