Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Finally Picked up my new Subaru BRZ - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 02:55 AM
PlanetZoom
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Enjoy the car!
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 AM
ucfsaxman
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this car and think it would be a fantastic daily driver.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:21 PM
clayton1
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard of this car till i saw this thread a few days ago, then sure as **** saw one go by me on the highway on Friday. Doesn't look like a subaru !
Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 AM
ZeroToSixty
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

This is a game changing car. Pure drivers car, with decent, but not stunning acceleration...................that is not the point. On the other hand, it is just a matter of time before a 2.5 STI Turbo motor is planted in some guy's engine bay.

It is a great time to be a car guy.

Apparently the only weak spot on this vehicle is the stock tires. There is a new video on Youtube where they swap them out and it transforms the car.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
The S2000 is a vert, so the BRZ/FR-S are not really true replacements.
True, they are improvements.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM
KMK454
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good looking car, but do yourself a favor and do not look at the Toyota FR-S / BRZ Concept... you will be hugely disappointed by the differences between the concept and production.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Billy.... I could have sworn it was you shooting down the merit on Saturday as you threw a big grin and thumbs up on a black c6 in your blue BRZ.

Glad your enjoying your new toy.

Keep the daily driver basically stock for the reliability......

HIt the vette for speed....JMO
Sorry, must have been somebody else, but I'm definitely still enjoying it. Although it keeps disappearing from my driveway, I'll have to talk to my fiance about that.

I hear ya about the mods, I don't plan on any mods that would affect reliability, just wheels, coilovers, intake and exhaust.

Originally Posted by PlanetZoom
Enjoy the car!

Originally Posted by ucfsaxman
I like this car and think it would be a fantastic daily driver.
It certainly is, great for the daily commute, makes it much more fun and gets the same fuel mileage as my old Integra!

Originally Posted by clayton1
Never heard of this car till i saw this thread a few days ago, then sure as **** saw one go by me on the highway on Friday. Doesn't look like a subaru !
Biggest comment I get is "what is it?" "

Originally Posted by ZeroToSixty
This is a game changing car. Pure drivers car, with decent, but not stunning acceleration...................that is not the point. On the other hand, it is just a matter of time before a 2.5 STI Turbo motor is planted in some guy's engine bay.

It is a great time to be a car guy.

Apparently the only weak spot on this vehicle is the stock tires. There is a new video on Youtube where they swap them out and it transforms the car.
Yeah, the stock tires aren't the greatest, but they do ride nice and are really good in the wet. I'll probably do Michelin Super Sports or RE11s when I get new summer wheels next spring.

Originally Posted by KMK454
Good looking car, but do yourself a favor and do not look at the Toyota FR-S / BRZ Concept... you will be hugely disappointed by the differences between the concept and production.
I've been following this car since the concept phase and I've seen those two concepts in person at the auto show. I agree, the are bad ***, especially the FR-S concept, but my expectations were reserved; I knew the production car would never look like the concept.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:12 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How responsive is that engine to full I/E? Do they make a header, or is the OEM header G2G?
Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by BSSN
How responsive is that engine to full I/E? Do they make a header, or is the OEM header G2G?
I haven't seen any full bolt-on setups tuned and dyno'd yet. I know one guy made 18rwhp from just a tune, so Subaru/Toyota have definitely left something on the table for the aftermarket. It also looks like catbacks and intakes make +/-5rwhp each.

There are a couple of headers out there, but haven't seen much as far as results go yet. The first cat is part of the OEM manifold, so I think a good header deleting that cat to allow longer primary's will make at least 10hp.

Quick Reply: Finally Picked up my new Subaru BRZ - PICS