Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FS - 2007 Extreme Double Throw Down

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS - 2007 Extreme Double Throw Down

Well... it's sort of an "Other Car" and it does have a twin turbo LS1/6 so I figured I'd put it up here in case anybody is interested in dunes too.

I am the 3rd owner of this car. The 2nd owner only had it a few months, when he took me for a test-ride it was literally the first time he had driven it. I have maybe 7 total days on the car and the original owner claimed about 10 total trips. The car absolutely shows like it has that little use. I started to get a little drivetrain noise in G so I cut the use of the car short and we pulled the CVs. They did show wear, so I replaced all 4 (using the nice ones from Kartek). It turns out the noise was actually the Ring & Pinion so I got about another day before I parked the car again. The transaxle went off to Sam at Rancho where it was entirely gone through. It has a brand new WEDDLE R&P and all the gears, dogs etc. were magnafluxed and inspected. It didn’t need any other hard-parts, the trans is in great shape. We also ran a dedicated relay/power to the PCM to avoid the very common stumbling when the fans are on issue. Give Extreme or Turnkey a call and they’ll tell you about the issue, we did the fix exactly as they prescribed.

The car needs nothing now. It is 100% ready to rock with 0 hours on the fresh trans with R&P.

You can find the original owner’s for sale thread here: http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....howtopic=269881

Here’s their description:
“- 700 hp LSI Twin Turbo "pump gas" engine built by Turn Key Engine Supply.
- Mendeola S4S 4 speed transmission with a double disc clutch w/ "V" spline (Hemi) input shaft built by Wright Gear Box. 934.5 Axles and C.V.'s.
- Gear One power steering with a billet Gear One sealed reservoir with filter.
- King Kong snout front spindles with oversized front wheel bearings and seals.
- SX Performance electric fuel pump.
- Polished aluminum radiator, overflow tank and inter cooler.
- Turn Key Engine Supple complete engine chrome package with carbon fiber manifold.
- (4) wheel Gear One disc brakes.
- 17" upgrade wheel package with both OMF outer beadlocks and inner stiffener rings per wheel.
- Xtreme Apex 10.8" x 17" front tires, 35" x 17" Xtreme Revolution rear tires.
- Chrome King triple bypass shocks with anodize to match paint job.
- Custom overhead light bar with 4 HID lights along with 2 additional side HID lights and 2 lower flood lights.
- Leather / Vinyl two tone PRP upholstery with Extreme embroidered adjustable headrests, large 3 person rear bench with 5 point belts, upgraded front buckets and adjustable driver's seat.
- Sparco suede steering wheel.
- Complete PCI headset / intercom headset and car to car communication system with I-Pod and Sirius Satellite availability.
- Billet LED dome light, battery disconnect / kill switch. Autometer gauges, full size ice chest.

The entire car was built with chrome hex bolts and braided steel lines. Custom paint job by Smith Designs. Beautiful sandcar in perfect condition, must see to appreciate.

Extreme Performance just went through the entire car and completed a thorough inspection and serviced the C.V.'s, recharged all shocks, changed all fluids, etc. All repairs and maintenance has been done by Extreme. Clean title in hand, paid registration until June 2014. Original owner. Over $100,000 invested. “

As you can see on top of the work I’ve had done recently the car was entirely serviced by Extreme in the fall and has very little use since then. The attention to detail on this car is absolutely over the top. All of the suspension/shock bolts have allen heads rather than just regular hex bolts. Everything is chromed, powdered or painted to match. This thing turns heads like crazy… and you could pick it over for hours and still be amazed by the nice touches you find.

I have a few more pics, and can get specific pics taken for serious buyers.

Asking $55k obo.

-TJ
Old 04-27-2013, 05:59 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon, I know somebody wants to go duning. :p

-TJ
Old 04-28-2013, 04:25 AM
Meh
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Beautiful rail. Unfortunately, I don't get to go to the dunes enough to justify spending that much on a toy, but I'm sure it would be fun. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To FS - 2007 Extreme Double Throw Down

Quick Reply: FS - 2007 Extreme Double Throw Down