Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

what you think of a maserati grand turismo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM
BT ZR1
2009 ZR1 SN 1166
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostManiac
I can describe it with single words:

Beautiful
Sexy
Rare
Italiano
Desirable
Money Pit
Weekend Only

Ok, I cheated on the last two, but it is well known these cars are horrendously expensive to maintain, so be prepared to treat it like an occasional treat only, and be prepared to lose a mint to depreciation. If you are ok with these two major items and have money to burn, go for it. The driving experience is said to be very nice, and the reaction of other people (especially hot young women) is very nice.

Nailed it.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM
PeterK
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Well, I saw one in a local indy place when I took my car for service. The maser was only 4.5 years old and just out of the warranty - it needed a complete rebuild of .... windwashing system. The piping disintegrated and the pump died. I believe it was nearly $2K in parts alone and a day of labor. This kind of tells me not to expect much in terms of reliability.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, I was looking at a GT one a last week.

Was looking for a fun 4 door car for our up coming baby. Also considered Tesla Model S (out of our range) and Fisker since they dropped so much but was to many unknowns.

So, this weekend we bought a 4 door SUV for the wife and now considering trading the vette in for another sports car.

Wife is pretty understanding lol, so she offered for to let me put the APS TT system on unless I find an 05/06 Aston that wont cost us on trade.

But, to answer your question, Maserati cost to maintain it is very expensive since it is an underdressed Ferrari.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:32 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,453 Likes on 2,805 Posts

The Gran Turismo is ****ing gorgeous. It sounds like good sex feels.

It's like dating a supermodel. It's beautiful, you love being inside it, all your friends want to touch it, but it costs you an absurd amount of money, constantly wants new expensive things, ad is bound to explode on you at some point and leave you stranded.

It's also probably worth it.

Quick Reply: what you think of a maserati grand turismo?