Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Benz Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 12:32 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Default Benz Tuner

I've got EFI Live for all my GM and diesel needs. I am not a tuner, but I can for sure upload a file or modify basic options.

My daily whip is a 2003 S600 which I love. V12 TT is hard to beat for highway driving, and rides smooth as glass.

But I look online and see tunes available which change timing and fuel curves to take it from 500hp / 600tq to 600hp and 700tq. The copy/paste tune for a stock car is close to $1,000 in most cases. Some slightly less.

Now, I am used to my GMs where even in the 90s I had friends and locals who would donate tunes or share around as needed when appropriate. We're talking for basic bolt-ons where people had established combinations - much like what you would find on the Sloppy Mechanics page today.

Is there an online share site like that to be found for Mercedes? And someone with the right plug in device to install it?

To me, the car is my daily. I'm not looking to pay to mod it or build it. But if I can tweak it in stock form for free, absolutely and why not?

If you thought Corvette tax was bad... don't walk into a Benz dealer for parts. $400 thermostat! LOL