Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Mid engine Viper?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 05:10 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 308 Likes on 186 Posts

Default Mid engine Viper?

Probably old news but looks like Dodge is going mid engine with the viper. If it true hopefully the C8 will fair well against it.

https://speedsociety.com/mid-engine-...e-all-thought/
Old 11-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

This was a story that came out back in May and actually FCA said it was false and there were no plans for the viper. I dont see why people make articles like this without even doing 2 mins of research. Hopefully it will come back though.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Yarbie
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 218 Posts

The Viper has been a huge money loser for Dodge, its toast.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:32 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,314 Likes on 990 Posts

I'm going disagree that the Viper is toast. It just needs an opportunity of timing and investment. FCA has been in a position, that I agree...if it happens it'll likely be years from now. Considering FCA's connection to Ferrari though, I theorized the moment that it was announced the Viper was dying that this was going to be a death like the 4th gen Camaro. FCA has to get their footing, they have to re-establish direction and then you WILL see the Viper re-emerge, and I think it'll re-emerge with a big dose of Ferrari DNA similar to the Gallardo/R8/Huracan sharing.

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 11-16-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:56 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
I'm going disagree that the Viper is toast. It just needs an opportunity of timing and investment. FCA has been in a position, that I agree...if it happens it'll likely be years from now. Considering FCA's connection to Ferrari though, I theorized the moment that it was announced the Viper was dying that this was going to be a death like the 4th gen Camaro. FCA has to get their footing, they have to re-establish direction and then you WILL see the Viper re-emerge, and I think it'll re-emerge with a big dose of Ferrari DNA similar to the Gallardo/R8/Huracan sharing.
While I do agree, how many re-do’s does FCA, Chrysler, Dodge, SRT, FIAT, Ram, whatever it is they are call needs to get the message? They just need to look at the Corvette to see why it’s still ticking.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:40 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by keagan

While I do agree, how many re-do’s does FCA, Chrysler, Dodge, SRT, FIAT, Ram, whatever it is they are call needs to get the message? They just need to look at the Corvette to see why it’s still ticking.
K.I.T.T. may have a point. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I strongly believe the Viper was a victim of its own marketing gimmicks. The bad attitude and in your face persona worked great in the 90s, but it did not transfer well into the new millennium. The moment Ralph Gilles said Randy Pobst was "afraid" of the Viper was the moment to me where I said, "Okay, there is a such thing as the car being too much of a bad *** for its own good." The cars just sat. For the prices they wanted for them, people in that pay band didn't want to be seen in a car with a reputation that the person driving it is over compensating.

If you parked a gen 2 GTS next to a C7, the GTS is going to get more attention all day. It's hard to argue any Corvette having the ability to command the initial attention a Viper can. The Corvette throughout the years has had enough styling to keep it exciting while they polished everything about the car. The Viper stuck to a formula so hard it just couldn't change because then it wouldn't be Viper. I miss the car but unless they make it a broader appealing car, it's more money down the drain for the company trying to make it. I think they should just keep the fork stuck in it at this point. It's beyond a remarkable car but it has pigeon holed itself so hard at this point.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:28 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Yarbie
Bullshit....you sound like the typical fanboi that attributes sales with superiority.....it conquered everything it set out to do which was beat everything in sight..In fact the racing body had to legislate rules changes so others could win again.

Also you can track the showroom car for more than two laps and it won't go into limp mode...Oh and no orange peel and real painted stripes.

Mustang guys are always yapping how it beats Camaro and Challenger in sales...The McDonalds cheeseburger has been the best selling burger of all time for decades....its a shitty hamburger....

Last edited by hawkgfr; 11-18-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:14 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Bullshit....you sound like the typical fanboi that attributes sales with superiority.....it conquered everything it set out to do which was beat everything in sight..In fact the racing body had to legislate it so others could win again.

Also you can track the showroom car for more than two laps and it won't go into limp mode...Oh and no orange peel and real painted stripes.

Mustang guys are always yapping how it beats Camaro and Challenger in sales...The McDonalds cheeseburger has been the best selling g burger of all time for decades....its a shitty hamburger....
I couldn’t have said it better, LOL!
Old 11-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Bullshit....you sound like the typical fanboi that attributes sales with superiority.....it conquered everything it set out to do which was beat everything in sight..In fact the racing body had to legislate rules changes so others could win again.

Mustang guys are always yapping how it beats Camaro and Challenger in sales...The McDonalds cheeseburger has been the best selling burger of all time for decades....its a shitty hamburger....
Yeah and what happened to it? O yeah I forgot...couldnt sell worth a damn and got canceled.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:29 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavender
Yeah and what happened to it? O yeah I forgot...couldnt sell worth a damn and got canceled.
oooohhh big comeback dude...I'm crushed. Lemme guess you've had several Mustangs.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:03 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by NytmereZ

I couldn’t have said it better, LOL!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 01-03-2019 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:28 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
‘How is that V12 Viper Of yours doing ?

Old 01-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by NytmereZ

‘How is that V12 Viper Of yours doing ?

Old 01-22-2019, 09:03 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by Yarbie
I was the Viper Plant Manager from1995-2001, and I can assure you the Viper was NOT a huge money loser. That said, don't hold your breath waiting for it to be re-born.

Get notified of new replies

To Mid engine Viper?

Quick Reply: Mid engine Viper?