Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Finally bought a car from Kerbeck

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 12:57 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Default Finally bought a car from Kerbeck

Kerbeck Subaru that is. I’m posting this here just to review my experience with the Kerbeck family.

So I decided I wanted to give the new STI a try and trade my m3 in. I dealt with the sales manager directly and worked out numbers on both my trade in and the new car. Drove about 2 hours from brooklyn Ny to Atlantic City New Jersey in great spirits ready to buy my new car. Got there test drove my new car and was thrilled..... then came the paper work. My trade in was all of the sudden 1,500 dollars less than we discussed. The appraiser found nothing inconsistent or wrong with my car or the pictures and info I sent them but still didn’t want to give me what was promised. Needless to say I was a bit ticked off.

I left very angry having just driven almost 200 miles only to leave in the same car I came in with. I decided as Kerbeck corvette was only a few miles away to give them a visit. I met with Ron who is an awesome person and Lou their manager. I explained to them that the only reason I didn’t deal with a local dealer was because of the reputation they had on this forum which I’ve been a part of for so many years. They called Subaru on my behalf and also told me who I should speak to over there. I went back to Subaru and eventually they gave me what they promised on my trade in. It was a hassle but everything worked out well. Turns out my m3 dropped almost 800 dollars at the auction in a matter of 3 days. Shouldn’t be my problem but I understood their position after gaining my composure and calming down. I tend to have a bit of a short fuse.

I post this here here also because Kerbeck Corvette took time to speak with me and make sure I didn’t go home unhappy. They didn’t make any money out of this and I just really appreciate the effort put forth to keep not just a forum member but a customer even if it wasn’t theirs happy.

If your looking for a new or used corvette and haven’t been to Kerbeck Corvette you should look no further.... it’s corvette heaven!!!!! If I didn’t need a back seat I would have bought a corvette from them on the spot. Either way one day when I’m back in a corvette I will look no where else.

If you swing by there ask for a salesman by the name of Ron. He is great. You won’t have any trouble finding him. He’s about 8 feet tall lol....

btw the sti is a ton of fun... old school analog kind of car with a ton of potential....

Last edited by brooklync5; 12-31-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:00 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,194 Posts

I thought you had a Hellcat? You traded that for the M3 and now traded again? Car dealers must love you!

Seriously though, I love the STi a lot, I'd love to have one as a DD. I'm not a fan of the big wing though, I like the smaller lip spoiler. My son has a 2002 WRX and it has the bigger STi style wing on it and I always bust his chops about it
Old 12-31-2018, 01:07 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Patman
I thought you had a Hellcat? You traded that for the M3 and now traded again? Car dealers must love you!

Seriously though, I love the STi a lot, I'd love to have one as a DD. I'm not a fan of the big wing though, I like the smaller lip spoiler. My son has a 2002 WRX and it has the bigger STi style wing on it and I always bust his chops about it

yea I’ve been going through a lot of cars lately..... I just want another corvette but it doesn’t suit my needs.. very happy with the sti but it’s only been a week lol. Hopefully I can keep it for a couple of years..... one thing I do like about it is resale value.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:15 PM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by brooklync5

yea I’ve been going through a lot of cars lately..... I just want another corvette but it doesn’t suit my needs.. very happy with the sti but it’s only been a week lol. Hopefully I can keep it for a couple of years..... one thing I do like about it is resale value.
They hold their value very well up here too, same with the regular WRX, as my son found out when looking for even the 17 year old one that he bought!

Do you have any mod plans for it? My son didn't even have his car for a day before he started talking about more boost, a different wing, different wheels, different exhaust....at least now he won't have any money left to buy drugs!
Old 12-31-2018, 01:19 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Patman
They hold their value very well up here too, same with the regular WRX, as my son found out when looking for even the 17 year old one that he bought!

Do you have any mod plans for it? My son didn't even have his car for a day before he started talking about more boost, a different wing, different wheels, different exhaust....at least now he won't have any money left to buy drugs!

for or now I think I might leave it stock... I might get a tune and dowpipe later down the road.... I did already add a cat back exhaust though... the cars stock exhaust is way to quiet.

Last edited by brooklync5; 12-31-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,428 Posts

That looks like a fun winter car. Congrats.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:43 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 483 Likes on 328 Posts

From one Brooklyn guy to another...Why can't they make that car in a 2 door coupe? Congrats!!!
Old 12-31-2018, 01:53 PM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by V Vette
From one Brooklyn guy to another...Why can't they make that car in a 2 door coupe? Congrats!!!
I'm not sure the WRX/STi body style would lend itself to coupe form, but it would be cool if they could somehow fit this engine into a BRZ! The BRZ is a nice looking car with about 100hp too little.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:07 PM
BlackHellcat
Drifting

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

HC to M3 to STi? Backwards IMO. I would have kept the M3. Good luck w/it

Last edited by BlackHellcat; 01-02-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:21 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlackHellcat
HC to M3 to STi? Backwards IMO? I would have kept the M3. Good luck w/it
Is
Backwards in some regards maybe forward in others..... the HC was great and I had fun in it for a while. But after sometime straight line power and speed bored me. I found myself wanting a more balanced car. The M3 was the perfect blend of power and handling truly awesome.... had it been a year newer I may have kept it for a little while longer.... warranty on the car was coming to an end worst of all the value was tanking big time! In 5 short months of the car lost almost 6 grand in value: I didn’t want to see any more of my equity dissapear especially given I only drive 5-6k miles a year. When deciding to get rid of the M I test drive a lot of cars. The STI just hit the spot... I couldn’t believe I was even considering it. I took it on 6 separate test drives for a total of almost 200 miles (all at different dealers) and loved it every single time. What I love about the Subaru is the resale trade in value. They do really well..... if I don’t like the car in a few months or a couple of years I can get out of it without it costing me much. If you haven’t driven one and can appreciate the car for what it is you might be impressed as I was.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Anton Chigurh
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Just curious are they moving off the sticker price any since the STI's are fairly rare even in big city dealers?
Old 01-01-2019, 10:55 PM
Yukon Corleone
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by V Vette
4 doors for more ******
Old 01-02-2019, 09:22 AM
BlackHellcat
Drifting

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by brooklync5

Is
Backwards in some regards maybe forward in others..... the HC was great and I had fun in it for a while. But after sometime straight line power and speed bored me. I found myself wanting a more balanced car. The M3 was the perfect blend of power and handling truly awesome.... had it been a year newer I may have kept it for a little while longer.... warranty on the car was coming to an end worst of all the value was tanking big time! In 5 short months of the car lost almost 6 grand in value: I didn’t want to see any more of my equity dissapear especially given I only drive 5-6k miles a year. When deciding to get rid of the M I test drive a lot of cars. The STI just hit the spot... I couldn’t believe I was even considering it. I took it on 6 separate test drives for a total of almost 200 miles (all at different dealers) and loved it every single time. What I love about the Subaru is the resale trade in value. They do really well..... if I don’t like the car in a few months or a couple of years I can get out of it without it costing me much. If you haven’t driven one and can appreciate the car for what it is you might be impressed as I was.
I'd rather keep my Hellcat. I DD mine.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:31 AM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 370 Likes on 232 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I like those cars. Keep us posted on how you like it...

Get notified of new replies

To Finally bought a car from Kerbeck