Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Will The C8 be America's Hypercar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:18 PM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

wow that's a lotta pages. did the factory ever get back to you?

would take a wild guess that's a big fat no. doesn't impact safety, so it's probably low on the priority pole.

even though it's a chevy, decent paint isn't too much to ask or expect!

Originally Posted by proexpert
See this thread for all the facts including many ******* posts by me trying to get the issue resolved.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...corvettes.html

Last edited by SLO VETTE; 07-14-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Cygnus
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Chevy could obviously build a "hyper-car" if they chose to do it correctly and not be held back by their name/brand.

Ford did it. The GT obviously qualifies as a hyper-car and no one shied away because it was made by Ford.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Josh M
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 212 Likes on 147 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19,'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Cygnus
Chevy could obviously build a "hyper-car" if they chose to do it correctly and not be held back by their name/brand.

Ford did it. The GT obviously qualifies as a hyper-car and no one shied away because it was made by Ford.
I don't consider the GT a hyper car either........it also depends what your definition of hyper car is. My definition is really rare and very high end like the F40, 50, Enzo, LaFerrari, SF90, Zonda, Veyron, etc.........cars like the Aventador, 488, GT, etc........I consider those supercars. I do think the Corvette could sneak into the super car conversation, but it would have to do something about being more exclusive. Ford addressed that with the GT and doesn't just churn them out like they do the Mustang.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:57 AM
serpent
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by proexpert
Not my car. Just one of hundreds of examples from the C7 general section. Don't go there if you are a potential buyer like me. It ruined me. I'll never buy one now. Screw that.

Here are a few more examples after the "new" (lie) paint shop. LOL if you spend 1/2 billion on a paint booth and then paint cars like this you are a stupid ****.

Lol. How those passed quality is insane.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:22 PM
amg
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't see the C8 as a supercar, let alone hypercar. It might have supercar performance, but there will be way too many produced (not exclusive), the base price is at least $100k shy. And maybe the biggest factor is that the C8 offers really good value. Supercars do not typically offer really good value (although it is a relative term). I don't see my amg gt as a supercar either, not even close. The word supercar has been so overused and distorted that hypercar appeared to cover the same cars that used to be called supercars

Last edited by amg; 08-03-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Will The C8 be America's Hypercar?