Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

7th gen Mustang revealed. No need to plug it in

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 04:44 PM
MitchSpence
Drifting

Received 312 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Dems Fighting words

Originally Posted by Aerovette
Pickup truck interior.
Yes, it is a pickup truck interior, however you then have a gunrack, 8 spit cup holders, a Weber grill bungeed into the rear seat for ease of access, Sirius radio tuned only to Hank Williams Central, and your navigation system automatically pulls you into the next Dairy Queen. A bargain for $5900. Cheaper than your Z51 package.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:58 PM
VetteHalen5150
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by chiefttp
It’s a good looking car, but I wish they changed the exterior styling to something really new and different. It looks like a midterm update to the previous design. Still, a cool look but it could have been so much better.
I agree completely. Look at the radical redesign for the latest Corvette and going to mid-engine. Mustang needed something like a radical redesign to bring in new customers who are considering other vehicles like the Corvette. With this very boring update, they are just going to get the customers that were already interested in Mustangs; I don't see any 'conquest' sales for this tepid re-design. Ford needed to move to a very edgy, modern design on this Mustang version since it might be the last ICE version. Kind of wimpy that they stuck with the status quo...
Old 09-23-2022, 09:00 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,505 Likes on 2,829 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteHalen5150
I agree completely. Look at the radical redesign for the latest Corvette and going to mid-engine. Mustang needed something like a radical redesign to bring in new customers who are considering other vehicles like the Corvette. With this very boring update, they are just going to get the customers that were already interested in Mustangs; I don't see any 'conquest' sales for this tepid re-design. Ford needed to move to a very edgy, modern design on this Mustang version since it might be the last ICE version. Kind of wimpy that they stuck with the status quo...
What GM did with the c8 was their biggest mistake theyve made in a while, and theyre really good at screwing up stuff. They ended upnwith an ugly car with none of the practicality, charm, or fun of previous gens. It became a Folex, pretending to be something fancy. A true masterclass in screwing up something good.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:24 AM
MitchSpence
Drifting

Received 312 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteHalen5150
Yes. They had to go back to the late sixties to reignite the design and sales. Something a little fresher is needed.
Old 09-24-2022, 10:45 AM
VetteHalen5150
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchSpence
Yes. They had to go back to the late sixties to reignite the design and sales. Something a little fresher is needed.
It looks like Ford updated this version of the Mustang with more feminine lines and curves. Maybe they are thinking this redesign will bring in more female buyers since the redesign is certainly not more aggressive.

Quick Reply: 7th gen Mustang revealed. No need to plug it in