Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Seattle Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 02:56 PM
vetred
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I must admit you are right. It is everyone else in the world that is wrong as always

I appoligize for questioning your replies

OH,... come ooon, dude,.........Its just not like that! Look,..... this started out as an intelligent exchange of Ideas I didnt just want say this is the best way without explaning my point! Your point is that a dyno tune will give you a marked increase in performance ,....ALRIGHT it will ! My point was that it would better served to use something less intrusive and more FELXABLE have you heard of LS1 edit? Please check it out! I myself will get the DYNO-TUNE in the late spring AFTER I do the head -cam package when the re-programer will not give the compleate make over that I will require at that point!..... Dyno tune is just fine although Ive seen the real deal and it was $500 and $300 for changes and upgrades now if you have a car with the warenty you will void it with the dyno tune! with the hand job you just put the factory tune back on for diagnostics I guess if you think that the dyno-tune is just right for you then it probubly IS Please let me know how it goes as I will be needing one soon enough,.............PEACE and Im sorry for any misunderstanding. And Im sorry if I just pissed you off THATs not my fault,.............Im fat

Last edited by vetred; 11-29-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Ironhead
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Brads Custom Automotice, Lake City installed my MagnaCharger Intercooled supercharger 18 months ago, PERFECT job, no problems!! Tunes perfect!! http://www.bradscustomauto.com/ie/ieindex.html
Old 12-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Ironhead
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Sorry the link is http://www.bradscustomauto.com/
Old 12-03-2005, 02:08 PM
vetred
Drifting

WOW, Thanks for the link Ironhead this is very-
Old 12-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ironhead
Brads Custom Automotice, Lake City installed my MagnaCharger Intercooled supercharger 18 months ago, PERFECT job, no problems!! Tunes perfect!! http://www.bradscustomauto.com/ie/ieindex.html

They do a custom tune or use the out of box tune that comes with the Maggie?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:02 PM
TwoFast4Lv
Instructor

Originally Posted by vetred
OH,... come ooon, dude,.........Its just not like that! Look,..... this started out as an intelligent exchange of Ideas I didnt just want say this is the best way without explaning my point! Your point is that a dyno tune will give you a marked increase in performance ,....ALRIGHT it will ! My point was that it would better served to use something less intrusive and more FELXABLE have you heard of LS1 edit? Please check it out! I myself will get the DYNO-TUNE in the late spring AFTER I do the head -cam package when the re-programer will not give the compleate make over that I will require at that point!..... Dyno tune is just fine although Ive seen the real deal and it was $500 and $300 for changes and upgrades now if you have a car with the warenty you will void it with the dyno tune! with the hand job you just put the factory tune back on for diagnostics. I guess if you think that the dyno-tune is just right for you then it probubly IS. Please let me know how it goes as I will be needing one soon enough,.............PEACE and Im sorry for any misunderstanding. And Im sorry if I just pissed you off THATs not my fault,.............Im fat

Sorry I have not been back I was very busy.

One of the points I was trying to make is I Agree there is more to life then a dyno tune. It is only the final phase of the project Once and only once the rest of the program is dailed in. I was just tring to bow out as I was busy and did not have to go over the same point again. I would also agree with you that tuning before have all the parts you plan on installing in place is a waste.

I am fairly well versed on many of the tuning software's in use and own many of them. I was pre-relese and did de-bugging on LT1Edit ,LT1Edit OBD-II and LS1 Edit versions. Ken is a great guy. I currently have all the software and hardware to program just about any GM product accept LS2/7s and that is coming. The System I am now using has more parameters then others I have used.

I have seen almost all of the Handhelds. Some hold good stuff. For us in the PNW many do not. Even with there gas settings they tend to try and melt the engine down in the upper RPMs

At this point the dealer can not tell if you have a program in your car or not. I am sure in the future they may on newer models. Most who come if for tuning could care less what the dealer has to say.

As far as the post I had just given up. Like I said I was busy and did not realy want to cause an "event" over it It is very hard to explain with out looking at the many of tables inside the PCM where the power comes from. Much of it is not in the peak It is much lower in the driving range of the car that really come alive.

BTW Muffler. I tune for 12.5-13.0 N/A on the Dyno. Many hand helds we have tested are 14.x to as high as 17.x in one case.

Do not feel bad VetRed...I am fat too
Old 12-04-2005, 07:50 PM
rdog
Advanced

Default Good Mechanic

I own a 68 vette. I take mine to Brad's Custom Auto. It is a 427 big block. Brad does a great job on my vette and I would not take it anywhere else now. His web site is www.bradscustomauto.com. Phone number 206/367-1471. Located in Lake City (northeast Seattle) I swear by Brad. He works on all the vettes from C1's to the C6's.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:39 PM
TurboNova
Navigator

I had a friend turn me on to this board, he sent me a link to this thread and thought I should reply.

I am the owner of a shop in Olympia called Horsepower Connection. We specialize in Turbocharging, EFI tuning, custom chips (on the older stuff) and performance modifications. We have a Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno. Please check out our website, it is going through some major changes in the next few weeks though. Most of the other shops that were listed are in the Seattle area. There is now someone down south. We will also have a booth at the up coming Corvette and High Performance Swap Meet in Feb. we were at the last swapmeet with a twin turbo 1970 chevelle. Just trying to get the word out about us. Give me a call if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks

Brian Macy
Horsepower Connection
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
360-280-6112

Last edited by TurboNova; 01-09-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Crabr1
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Default No tune on Sunday

Well I did he cruise on Sunday,it didn't rain and I know my car was running at least 50hp more than rainy days.Lighter air I think.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
604_c5
Instructor

Default done

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Drop me a PM.

finally got my cr done,
ellis here did a great job on my car
no problems whatsoever.
man. this guy is Camaro Crazy lol
and has the biggest trophy i've ever seen ..
Old 01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Tranzor
Instructor

Originally Posted by 604_c5
finally got my cr done,
no problems whatsoever.
man. this guy is Camaro Crazy lol
and has the biggest trophy i've ever seen ..
That trophy is the NW F-Body team trophy for winning the Car Club Challenge 2005. I take pride in the fact that I helped out with my 22 points.

Ellis is the man around here in the greater Puget Sound area... he has tuned my Camaro, is doing my nitrous install on it, and has done some work on my Corvette. He's just about the only one I trust around here with my cars.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:49 PM
T Scott P
Instructor

Default Sway bars.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am looking for someone with a lift that will let me install my Z51 sway bars and my tunnel plate. I just don't feel like rolling around on a cold garage floor. lol.
Lift rental is not a problem.

Thanks.
Scott.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 604_c5
finally got my cr done,
no problems whatsoever.
Hey 604 that's what we've been waiting to hear!! Glad that your experience was a good one. It's good to have someone else that's reliable up in our neck-o-the-woods
Old 01-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Rollin Black
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Hello 604_c5

Glad Ellis did a good job for you.

He is very well known in the F-Body world around this area and has done great work on my Vette in the past. He will be doing a bunch more work for me real soon.

Perry
Old 01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
TAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by rdog
I own a 68 vette. I take mine to Brad's Custom Auto. It is a 427 big block. Brad does a great job on my vette and I would not take it anywhere else now. His web site is www.bradscustomauto.com. Phone number 206/367-1471. Located in Lake City (northeast Seattle) I swear by Brad. He works on all the vettes from C1's to the C6's.
FWIW Brad is who recommended Blood Enterprises to me for dyno tuning.

Quick Reply: Seattle Install