Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Seattle Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:09 AM
604_c5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle Install

I got these goodies and I'm looking for a good place to install them.
Vararam Intake, 4.10 gears, dyno tune!

yeah, also lookin for a great tuner in the area!!!!!

No over charging places because i'm almost broke buying them & other mods ahha
Any decent/honest experienced places?

thx

Terry
Old 11-10-2005, 09:24 AM
TwoFast4Lv
Instructor

Drop me a PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:20 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

We want to hear how this turns out
Old 11-11-2005, 03:43 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Maltbys did my gears.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:08 PM
vetred
Drifting

When you get to the ,.........."dyno tune" step you better not mess arround ,...............yo,.........REDRACER ,maybe you could give him the link to "blood ent." These guys seem to be the real deal , at least in our neck of the woods!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:25 PM
MUFFLER
Racer

www.maltbymotorsports.com
Old 11-16-2005, 10:35 PM
DAS ZED
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MUFFLER

Link did not work for me
Old 11-17-2005, 01:33 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

425 481-1706 for Maltbys.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by C5-DSW
Link did not work for me
That's because they're redoing their web site
Old 11-18-2005, 01:46 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by vetred
yo,.........REDRACER ,maybe you could give him the link to "blood ent." These guys seem to be the real deal , at least in our neck of the woods!
You rang?

Here you go...http://www.bloodenterprises.com/menu.htm

RR
Old 11-19-2005, 05:09 PM
vetred
Drifting

Yo,.......604 C5,................or is it,..........B.C. Bud ??? Redracer nailed it as usual this is the guys you asked for although,........why do you NEED a dyno tune if you dont have a cam or head-cam package it might be a waste of money! HOWEVER, if you are looking to do that kind of thing someday, now would be the time to start a working relationship with the guys you will eventualy need anyway! You dont trust something like a dyno-tune for the C-5 to just anyone working out of the back of a pickup truck!
Old 11-19-2005, 06:09 PM
604_c5
Instructor

Yo,.......604 C5,................or is it,..........B.C. Bud ??? Redracer nailed it as usual this is the guys you asked for although,........why do you NEED a dyno tune if you dont have a cam or head-cam package it might be a waste of money! HOWEVER, if you are looking to do that kind of thing someday, now would be the time to start a working relationship with the guys you will eventualy need anyway! You dont trust something like a dyno-tune for the C-5 to just anyone working out of the back of a pickup truck!

thanks for all the help guyz!

i dont think itll be a waste of money jus cuz i dont have a cam or head-cam..... it'll still make the car funner to drive, and add a few horses, run efficiently, blah... wont it?
Old 11-20-2005, 12:02 AM
vetred
Drifting

Not nessasarly! no really if your car is stock (just intake is still stock) Its unlikely that any dyno tune will be enough of an improvement to justify the $$$ what you might be happyer with is one of the hand held re-programers( lots on this fourm) witch will do ALL that you need like lower temps *160 thermostat, big intake, throttle body by-pass, hedders,Hy-flow cats, X-Pipe, and big axcel back..............oh.....wow,..........s orry,.......I eh,...just ...eh almost got a semi there

Last edited by vetred; 11-22-2005 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:27 AM
TwoFast4Lv
Instructor

Actually I can prove you wrong Vetred There is a bit to pick up in the low and mid range driving areas No ,many times there is not a ton to pick up at Peak WOT but under the curve there is alot of fun left on the table
Old 11-21-2005, 09:47 PM
vetred
Drifting

I will bet you that the horse power is negligable at BEST! Horsepower just doesnt happen! It must be system supported along a plotable course! I feel sorry for those guys who think that putting an airfilter on is going to give them ANYTHING at all. it wont be enough to talk about! What is the greatest single thief of horsepower???????? .......HEAT!!! First you should lower your temps or you are not MAXIMIZING your investment! The same goes for every single thing that you can possibly do to our cars! Each in its own sequence or it will not properly support the next application. Go right ahead and spend money that will do absolutely nothing except enable someone to say "Ya dude I got a real dyno tune" when it will for very sound reasons be much better served by spending the money on one of the many hand held reprogramers on the market Oh ya,.........about that proof on a "dyno tune" on a bone stock car?..........bring it!

Last edited by vetred; 11-21-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:19 PM
TwoFast4Lv
Instructor

Vetred.

There is alot laying on the table in main driving area's of the PCM. Retard tables that can be cut way back to give more timing safely ,there for ,giving more Tq/HP in the area's you drive your car the most. The "System" more then supports the power gains in those area's.

The Dyno has nothing to do with those areas as most people only care about peak numbers. Peak numbers never tell much of a story. A dyno is a measuring tool just like a ruler One does not need a Dyno for these gains.

As far as Air filters and Exhaust systems? Many HAVE shown big gain's in both peak and Under the curve HP/TQ. Not sure why you hate them so much? I have seen 15+ RWHP/20+ RWTQ in the 3,000-5,000 RPM range. Seems like decent gains to most?

Lowering the Temp 'can' make hp IF the rest of the 'system' is in line for a temp drop Temp's of 190f seem to work well.

There is ALOT more to a dyno or a tune then Peak numbers. Peak numbers are just what people brag about. Case in point. The Blue LT1 Shop car. Only made 395RWHP but made 25+ more Average HP/TQ then most others making 420+ RWHP. the car only MPH'd 115 but ran 11.8s at 3,750Lbs. Most others were having a hard time getting there with lighter cars and more power

I will completely agree that one must take the 'system' into account when doing mods and a solid plan is the only way to go. I will also agree people put to much on Peak dyno numbers and Peak head flow numbers.

The one thing I can say for sure is ,as I stated before ,there is ALOT of fun left on the table under the curve NO dyno needed

As far as Hand helds? The last 5-6 I went in after were running the car A/F as high as 16:1! Almost none of them are setup for West coast Oxigenated fuel! 10% Ethonal is NOT your friend and usually cost 3-5% RWHP due to having half the BTU's of standard Gas.

I hope this has shed some light on my side of our little debate and I hope all have enjoyed it

I will bet you that the horse power is negligable at BEST! Horsepower just doesnt happen! It must be system supported along a plotable course! I feel sorry for those guys who think that putting an airfilter on is going to give them ANYTHING at all. it wont be enough to talk about! What is the greatest single thief of horsepower???????? .......HEAT!!! First you should lower your temps or you are not MAXIMIZING your investment! The same goes for every single thing that you can possibly do to our cars! Each in its own sequence or it will not properly support the next application. Go right ahead and spend money that will do absolutely nothing except enable someone to say "Ya dude I got a real dyno tune" when it will for very sound reasons be much better served by spending the money on one of the many hand held reprogramers on the market Oh ya,.........about that proof on a "dyno tune" on a bone stock car?..........bring it!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:41 PM
vetred
Drifting

WHY do you hate america????? nice try but its been done,.........to death! you throw a lot of numbers arround but with out seeing the setup Im not so sure if it proves your point or mine but 20 to 40 horse on a stock car dude,.... and in your numbers for success they mirror MOST of the handheld reprogrammers on the market not dyno tunes on stock cars (as not many do that sort of thing!) some of those reprogramers allow for too much adjustment for those who are least able to do them "the stupid" but still most all of these hand held reprogramers have a brand "factory tune" and you will not get much more if ANYTHING out of a dynotune on a "stock car"!! look were NOT talking about huge horsepower gaines if you have been arround this forum long enough you remember everything from new paint to new hood liners good for at least 7 "r.w.h.p. and also all most ALL of these programers DO ask for type of fuel promt! one of the first adjustments asked for on my "hyer-tech" is for oxy-west coast type fuel! LOOK I think that you have got this all wrong! If you or ANYONE want to spend money for anything go right ahead be my guest its just that I need to get the absolute most out of all MY horsepower doller$ oh and *190 is way too hot for any aluminium engine for too long as in summer time traffic you are easly spikeing to *230 and*250 And if you knew the history of the development of the LS1 you would understand that the enginers didnt just know that american gearheads would fix NESSARY design flaws for certification(anti horse power gov) (this is NOT a secret) (skip-shift) for economy (high temps for lean gas saving propaganda) they COUNTED ON IT!

Last edited by vetred; 12-04-2005 at 11:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Seattle Install

Old 11-23-2005, 12:10 AM
TwoFast4Lv
Instructor

Default Horse dieing of thirst

I must admit you are right. It is everyone else in the world that is wrong as always

I appoligize for questioning your replies

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 11-23-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:42 AM
MUFFLER
Racer

And I'm sure we all agree that tuning beyond the safe A/F ratios for an impressive dyno sheet can spell disaster for the efforts down the road.

Pat
Old 11-24-2005, 08:23 PM
vetred
Drifting

YO,...........Muffler..used to be I could not spell diaster,.........now I are one And you are probubly the ONLY guy that I know that doesnt care one bit about that Z06 Its ok, I know why

Quick Reply: Seattle Install