Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

I finally got one!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:12 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default I finally got one!

Finally after dealing with dealer after dealer that are totally greedy, I found a local good guy dealer that sold me a new Z06 for $4k under sticker. A decent and fair deal as far as I am concerned. He still made a good profit without having to work too hard for it as it was all done over email and the phone.

I got a brand new black on black 2LZ with Nav and OnStar. The car is local well, near local in Medford about 4.5 hours from here but at least I won't have to truck it in.

I can't wait to get it!!! Also if anyone is interested I know of another Yellow Z in Indiana where it will be let go for $5k under! Its a 2LZ car without Nav and Onstar but has everything else!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:37 PM
spinedoc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Tommy! Did you sell your C4 yet?

And what kind of mods are you going to start with on your new ride??
Old 07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

That's fantastic Tom!

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing you drive it!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
AFRob
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations.
I hope to get the chance to see it at your shop some day.
Rob
Old 07-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats, let the modding begin. (Probably already has)

Last C5
(The red Z06 track car)
Old 07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
NW_Vettes
Drifting

I'm guessing your wife works too Kinda nice having dual income

Come join us for our Gorge cruise on Saturday
Old 07-03-2007, 08:14 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats from Seattle!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjwong
Finally after dealing with dealer after dealer that are totally greedy, I found a local good guy dealer that sold me a new Z06 for $4k under sticker. A decent and fair deal as far as I am concerned. He still made a good profit without having to work too hard for it as it was all done over email and the phone.
Sad part is all the local dealers missed out on a sale due to greed. Why anybody purchases from Portland or Seattle mystifies me.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:45 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Sad part is all the local dealers missed out on a sale due to greed. Why anybody purchases from Portland or Seattle mystifies me.
Boy you got that right...I had to wait a year...but as a result I bought very satisfactorily thru the web from a dealer in Kansas! In fact, my local dealer...who I really like.... has had 2 on the floor for months now.......don't know what they're saving them for.....
Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Last C5
Congrats, let the modding begin. (Probably already has)

Last C5
(The red Z06 track car)
Mods? Ya of course! I already have a set of ARH headers in stock, a cam is in the process of being ground by my cam grinder and I have a set of heads going out to LPE sometime next week

Of course I am going to break it in a bit to make sure there isn't any warranty issues. Gotta find a way to get to Medford tomorrow!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Rogue C6
Melting Slicks

I hear ya Jeff. I have to admit, I believe I got a good deal on my 2006. I am not complaining.

Congrats Tom!! welcome to club C6! Can't wait to see it. Black too! Wahooo!

Patrick
Old 07-03-2007, 09:38 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by spinedoc
Congrats Tommy! Did you sell your C4 yet?

And what kind of mods are you going to start with on your new ride??
Hey long time no speak! How are things and how is your car doing? I haven't sold it but its going on the chopping blocks soon. Just as soon as I return it to stock I will sell it off, then I have two complet LT4 hi-zoot engines and a couple blowers to sell off as well. Gotta get this new monster paid off soon.

The plans are, a little port work on the LS7 heads, camshaft, and headers. With that combination I have I will get around 560+ to the wheels. Thats all I need and with that combo I know its still good for 25 MPG as my last Z package got that mileage on its way to Atlanta.

I can't wait to drive it home. I got a buddy airline ticket from a "buddy' that works for Horizon airlines which serves Medford, I arrive there before 9am and hopefully after all the paper signing I should be off on my way home by 11am and be home around 4 or 5 PM. No one is going to even miss me!

Last edited by tjwong; 07-03-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Major Screwup
Racer

The plans are, a little port work on the LS7 heads, camshaft, and headers. With that combination I have I will get around 560+ to the wheels. Thats all I need and with that combo I know its still good for 25 MPG as my last Z package got that mileage on its way to Atlanta.

I can't wait to see the results! I've been saving my$$$

Oh Yeah! congrats! You're gonna love it!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:07 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vette&CobraGuy
I'm guessing your wife works too Kinda nice having dual income

Come join us for our Gorge cruise on Saturday
I wish I could go out with you guys on your cruise. I promised my fiance' that we would drive around and find the "right" garden park areas for the photo sessions after the wedding. Did I forget to tell all of you that my days as a single guy are over in 24 days after tomorrow! Anyways we are going to find a park like setting so they can take a few photos while we are dressed up in our ZOOT suits for the photo album.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 PM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Congrats on the new car. I'm off Thursday, why don't I just drive down and pick it up... Its a little out of the way to get it to you, but I will make the sacrifice..
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 PM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Not as big a purchase, but I just ordered an 08 from just east of the state line. Smart dealers 2, Local Dealers 0
Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

I wish I could go out with you guys on your cruise. I promised my fiance' that we would drive around and find the "right" garden park areas for the photo sessions after the wedding. Did I forget to tell all of you that my days as a single guy are over in 24 days after tomorrow! Anyways we are going to find a park like setting so they can take a few photos while we are dressed up in our ZOOT suits for the photo album.
Tom, Congrats dude on the new Z. Wish you could come with us Sat. on the Gorge Cruise. Kathy and I cant wait. I will miss you on the track at PIR during our "Classic" three day event. You would just eat everything up man. You would need a truck to haul all the trophies home. LOL.

Get notified of new replies

To I finally got one!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:58 AM
vetred
Drifting

Tom,............YAAAAAOZZAAAMAAAAAAA,... .......ya, so now you know what it feels like to reilize a dream!!!! Becouse of you so do I !!!! Thanks for everything. I must be a farmer 'couse im just diggen, diggen, diggen!!! Take it easy everyone this weekend as, I work close with L.E.O.s and they are taking NO prisioners with a NATION wide revenue push!!! and Tom congrats. I remember how much you wanted this to happen!!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 AM
boerio
Burning Brakes

I got a brand new black on black 2LZ with Nav and OnStar. The car is local well, near local in Medford about 4.5 hours from here but at least I won't have to truck it in.

I can't wait to get it!!! Also if anyone is interested I know of another Yellow Z in Indiana where it will be let go for $5k under! Its a 2LZ car without Nav and Onstar but has everything else!
Sweet Tom! Will make a nice wedding gift to your wife

Jeff
Old 07-04-2007, 11:33 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase Tom. I saw Andys Z06 last weekend, he had tuned it down because it was making just a few Horses from 900 RWHP with his Vortech on it.
I know a place that would be great for you guys to take a picture! It's up behind the Portland Zoo. There is a Rose Garden up there, and the background you can see Downtown Portland and Mt. Hood. And there is a Japanese Garden up there also.
I'll be up to your shop this week, probably Thur. or Friday. Also, I need you to do a base Dyno on my car. No tuning, just a base run.
Jim

Quick Reply: I finally got one!