Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Autocross?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 02:00 AM
TMyers
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Autocross?

Ok we have the drag race outing planned, what about autocross? I have never done this and would like to try. Anyone have the hookup and can we plan an outing around it?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 AM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'll sign up for this as well if anyone comes up with a date. I used to go to the ones held up at the Boeing plant in Everett but that was a couple years ago and I'm not sure if they have moved. I'll see what I can find online.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:53 AM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok found the info.

Go here: http://www.wwscc.org/ and click on "next event".

It's scheduled for 5/31 at Bremerton Motorsports Park. Same place they do drag racing. I didn't see any other events scheduled beyond that but I looked for all of 2 minutes.

Found the schedule for all of 2008. On the link above click on the calender icon below the header and there are events every weekend through the Summer.

Last edited by NW94Z; 05-14-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
TAC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TMyers
Ok we have the drag race outing planned, what about autocross? I have never done this and would like to try. Anyone have the hookup and can we plan an outing around it?
Check here for autocrosses put on by NWACC or associated clubs. The 5 Star and Rose City events will have an autocross. Rose City also has a track day.

http://www.nwacconline.com/80404sanc...waccevents.htm

Boeing recently shut down all autocrosses at Everett. I don't know what BEAC will do.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
PuyZ06
Instructor

Packwood this Sat & Sun with OR SCCA...
Old 05-14-2008, 05:33 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Mark your calendar for these Corvette-only autocross dates:

July 13th (Part of the Classical Glass Corvette Club's 5-Star event) Sanderson Field Shelton
August 3rd (Rose City Corvettes at PIR in Portland)
August 17th Sanderson Field Shelton
September 28th Sanderson Field Shelton
October 12th Sanderson Filed Shelton

As TAC pointed out, information and flyers can be found on the link he posted. I handle the autocross events at Shelton and I will have flyers available later on so keep checking the NWACC website as the dates get closer. Click on the "2008 Sanctioned Events" button for info.

Also, Bremerton Sports Car Club holds autocross events at Bremerton Motorsports Park. www.bscc.net

May 26th
June 22nd
July 20th
August 3rd
September 1st.
This club has lots of cars attending each event. They have morning and afternoon sessions depending on class and there are classes for all cars, not just Corvettes. It gets crowded at times with 180+ cars over the entire day. They do a good job of running cars through and the courses are usually "Corvette-friendly"
Old 05-19-2008, 03:45 PM
PuyZ06
Instructor

Packwood was fun, I just did Saturday's practice... after that, I had to recover on Sunday from the heat. It was definitely a Corvette course. A lot of fun.

BC
Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
884fun
Pro

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Mark your calendar for these Corvette-only autocross dates:

July 13th (Part of the Classical Glass Corvette Club's 5-Star event) Sanderson Field Shelton
August 3rd (Rose City Corvettes at PIR in Portland)
August 17th Sanderson Field Shelton
September 28th Sanderson Field Shelton
October 12th Sanderson Filed Shelton

As TAC pointed out, information and flyers can be found on the link he posted. I handle the autocross events at Shelton and I will have flyers available later on so keep checking the NWACC website as the dates get closer. Click on the "2008 Sanctioned Events" button for info.

Also, Bremerton Sports Car Club holds autocross events at Bremerton Motorsports Park. www.bscc.net

May 26th
June 22nd
July 20th
August 3rd
September 1st.
This club has lots of cars attending each event. They have morning and afternoon sessions depending on class and there are classes for all cars, not just Corvettes. It gets crowded at times with 180+ cars over the entire day. They do a good job of running cars through and the courses are usually "Corvette-friendly"
Do you have to have an "updated" scca rule book in your car? I have an old one.

What year or markings on the helmet is needed (what year).

Also how is the surface at the Sanderson Field Shelton? I've attended PIR several times and the driving surface wasn't the best (loose rocks, bumps and a couple of deep dips.).

Last edited by 884fun; 05-19-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

None of these are SCCA events. Anyone with a Corvette can run in the NWACC events as long as the car passes a tech inspection. For the Bremerton events, there are classses similar to SCCA (including PAX) for just about any car.

For the NWACC events, we allow helmets as old as SA90 or M90 rating as long as they are in good condition with no cracks, torn liners and straps must be in good condition with no fraying. Bremerton Sports Car Club events requires a Snell 95 rating.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:38 PM
PuyZ06
Instructor

Default A/x

TMeyers,

Here's my first shot at a YouTube production. It was my "recon" run this Saturday at Packwood. Slow, but clean. I should've stopped and collected a re-run for the downed cone on the last slalom. It was great fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_G29_cPgZU
Old 05-21-2008, 02:42 PM
PuyZ06
Instructor

Default Bremerton This Weekend

Bremerton holds 3 days of A/X this weekend. I'll be out on Sunday. I'm the ham fisted, yellow Z06 driver, with a toggle switch for an accelerator!

BC
Old 05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Viscerl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PuyZ06
TMeyers,

Here's my first shot at a YouTube production. It was my "recon" run this Saturday at Packwood. Slow, but clean. I should've stopped and collected a re-run for the downed cone on the last slalom. It was great fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_G29_cPgZU
Here's my take on Sunday's course (Saturday's backwards with a couple teeny differences):

-Chris
Old 05-23-2008, 04:49 PM
PuyZ06
Instructor

Nice video, nice run! That's what an extra 100 horses looks like. I'm bailing on Bremerton this weekend. I can drive on wet pavement right here at home!

BC
Old 05-27-2008, 10:57 PM
notdads
Racer

Default for info on autocross and other dates....

Check out my racing team's site (Team Renick Racing): www.myspace.com/teamrenickracing

We list all of the upcoming events for most of the local Corvette clubs, muscle car clubs and autocrosses.

I am the President of NWACC, and a Board Member for BSCC, plus WWSCC involved too, so all of those events are posted on our site.

Get notified of new replies

To Autocross?

Quick Reply: Autocross?