Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Roll Call For XXX All Corvette Show

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
I'll be there, but likely won't show the car. That would mean I'd have to wash it. I might even ride my bike, unless it rains.
Okay, it didn't rain, but then it did. Well, it sprinkled a little bit. The people with the pristine cars left as if the rain was going to melt their Corvettes, but who can blame them, really? Some of those C1 and C2 cars had a lot of work in them and I can understand not wanting to drive home in the wet.

I actually entered my C6, not expecting to win anything (and I'm sure I didn't) and had a good time. Being by myself, I didn't know a lot of people, but was able to entertain myself by walking around trying to decide which cars to earn my vote. Tough choice. Some of the cars had a lot of obvious money and effort into them and were stunning. Me, I'm a purist and love the original unmolested Corvettes. To that, I want to commend the C3 entrants who showed up with some beautiful cars. Seems to me, as a - sort of - newbie, the C3 series are among the most maligned and a lot of them fell into the wrong hands over the years and wound up as if Hollywood had issued a casting call for the remake of "Corvette Summer". An original chrome-bumper C3 is really a beautiful car. And there were several there today that gave me encouragement that some nice examples may survive. How come a '68 seems so rare?

But, before I forget, I want to thank the Corvette Marque Club of Seattle for organizing and hosting such a great event. Since I spent so much more time there today, as an entrant, than I normally do as a spectator, I was able to watch the CMCS folks at work. They really work very hard at this and it shows. Terrific job, CMCS, and thanks from this guy for everything you do.

I may even buy a lawn chair and make some new friends to talk to in time for next year.

Last edited by last901; 08-24-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM
efranzen
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd also like to commend the CMCS. They really did do a great job. I was especially impressed with how they stayed dedicated to helping cars park, even when they showed up 4 hours after the show had started.

You really lucked out if you didn't get rained on. I stayed until 1:30 but then had to take off. It's sprinkled a couple of times up until then but it wasn't a big deal. However, on the drive home, as I came out of the Mercer tunnel on I-90 it absolutely monsooned. On one side of the tunnel it was dry. On the other side it was raining so hard that everyone had to slow down to 45 mph.

I came along some poor guy that had a late model C3 that had been at the show, pulled over on the shoulder near the merge to I-5. I stopped to see if he needed assistance. It turned out that he'd pulled over to put his T-Tops on. It hadn't been raining when he left the show so he thought he was fine. He didn't expect a monsoon just a few miles away.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got home not but 10mins ago, & I left at nearly 3:30 when it really started raining Trafficed sucked until I got on to 512 almost home

Next show we all need to have the Corvette Forum t-shirt with our user name on them lol.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:45 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Iroczlover
Next show we all need to have the Corvette Forum t-shirt with our user name on them lol.

Would have been nice to put forum names with some of the faces at the show today.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Originally Posted by Night-Train

Would have been nice to put forum names with some of the faces at the show today.
I dont remember who I all met today but Tom & Scott lol. lol.

Got Scott in trouble too.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

http://pnwcc.com/gall/gallery/Corvettebash08
Old 08-24-2008, 09:45 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Nice shots. Where is my car?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Originally Posted by last901
Nice shots. Where is my car?

lol if yours is red just pick a Red car & call it yours, lol I saw a trend in the winners of the C2,c3 & C4 Vettes ALL RED lol.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:07 PM
efranzen
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey, there's my car. It didn't get much attention though. That '66 next to mine was beautiful and it got alot of deserved attention.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:22 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Nice shot of my Vette:

Old 08-24-2008, 10:27 PM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Had a great time!

Well, I stand accused.....I was one of the ones that left early........about 1:30......mine is the red one in the pix next to the Ron Fellows Special Edition.........GREAT job posting the pix so soon!!! The pix of our car is now my wallpaper...every picture is outstanding and brings back memories of a great day there at the show.
I left early, but for two reasons........I had a four hour drive home, and believe it or not......my car had never been in the rain before. Can't say that now as it was raining cats and dogs in the pass........oh well, I tried.
Great show, great job organizing it, great cars, great food.........crappy weather.........what are you gonna' do?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

lol if yours is red just pick a Red car & call it yours, lol I saw a trend in the winners of the C2,c3 & C4 Vettes ALL RED lol.
Not surprising at all. Since "all Corvettes are red", anything else must be in the modified category.

I'm going to bed now. I'm getting tired of watching the phone waiting for the nice people at CMCS to call and ask where to deliver my award.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:22 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by efranzen
I came along some poor guy that had a late model C3 that had been at the show, pulled over on the shoulder near the merge to I-5. I stopped to see if he needed assistance. It turned out that he'd pulled over to put his T-Tops on. It hadn't been raining when he left the show so he thought he was fine. He didn't expect a monsoon just a few miles away.
Hmmm, if he'd left the tops off he might have arrived home sooner since he would have been able to drive in the car "pool" lane.

Geez, I just crack myself up sometimes.

I need to get a job.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Tammy it was good to put a face on the name! Man you got those pictures up fast. It poured down on us all the way to Portland!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Originally Posted by tjwong
Hey Tammy it was good to put a face on the name! Man you got those pictures up fast. It poured down on us all the way to Portland!
yea it was great, we have talked over the last few years over on LS1tech, lol. It was also fun to see you guys check out the triple xxx food.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:04 AM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwong
Glad you made it home safe. I'll hopefully see you one day this week for a dyno session.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:52 PM
notdads
Racer

Wish I could have made it. I just wasn't motivated enough. I was really looking forward to it too. But, I was in a Roller Derby bout on Saturday night, and literally got the heck beat out of me, so I rested on the sabbath day for the first time in like forever. Hope you all had a good time. Trust me, I was thinkin' of ya, as I was laying on the couch.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Next event is either the Olympia high school show on the 7th or the CHP show on the 13th.

Quick Reply: Roll Call For XXX All Corvette Show