Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

C7 A8 Shudder

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 12:02 PM
seattle
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
I remember the clutch went out on my first ZR1 with less than 5k miles on it. It kept making a terrible squeal when it engaged. The parts were all rusted so they replaced everything and it was all listed on the service repair sheet when I picked up the car.

They told me the parts had to have gotten wet during the build because there is no way the parts could get wet after assembly. Go figure. Half the people I told wanted more information to make sure their car didn't , wouldn't develop the same condition.

I have never heard of another C6 M6 owner having a clutch replaced due to internal rust on the clutch assembly parts ... Crazy
The old "Rust Bucket"
Besides there is no way water could seep in...not here in the Pacific Northwest!
Old 07-04-2017, 11:29 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by seattle
The old "Rust Bucket"
Besides there is no way water could seep in...not here in the Pacific Northwest!

That's the one! Rusted during the build per the dealership. Someone must have spilled a water bottle during assembly.

I had to take it back to Lee Johnson twice.

It sat there for weeks because they ruined a rubber grommet in the tear down and couldn't get the part from GM. Remember the extra mileage on the car when I got it back and the slurpee they spilled all over the inside of the console. The tear in the leather seat and side console.

Then the clunk in the car when I got it back again because they didn't torq down the chassis/ cradle to the body.

Maybe it did actually get water/rust during the build

Give them credit. They fixed everything.

Good ole Lee Johnson.

This week, they charged my son $129.00 for an oil change on his CAMARO

Quick Reply: C7 A8 Shudder