Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Dealership for warranty work

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 06:45 PM
ZackRidesRed
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership for warranty work

I have a 17 Z06 that the paint is pealing/flaking off of where the front and rear bumpers meet the body, anyone have a recommended dealer to take the car to?

The service manager at the dealership I bought the car from is convinced the paint flaking off is rock chip damage (flaking from between the pannels)

Last edited by ZackRidesRed; 06-23-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:59 PM
JRE-C6
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=ZackRidesRed;1595007839]

Go to Sunset Chev in Sumner, tell them you want Paramount auto body in Fife to repair your car, as Paramount is a shop that works on high end cars like Aston Martin, Porsche, etc. They are a preferred shop for Sunset Chev, for Corvettes and picky customers...Their work is absolutely first rate! BTW, I do some paint touch up work for Ferrari of Seattle, and have some knowledge on this subject.

Jim

Last edited by JRE-C6; 06-24-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:22 PM
ZackRidesRed
Navigator

[QUOTE=JRE-C6;1595011605]
Originally Posted by ZackRidesRed

Go to Sunset Chev in Sumner, tell them you want Paramount auto body in Fife to repair your car, as Paramount is a shop that works on high end cars like Aston Martin, Porsche, etc. They are a preferred shop for Sunset Chev, for Corvettes and picky customers...Their work is absolutely first rate! BTW, I do some paint touch up work for Ferrari of Seattle, and have some knowledge on this subject.

Jim
​​​​​​
Thanks Jim, I am going to push for replacement factory painted bumpers but we will see. If I have to have paint work done John Byers custom paint in Aburn will be my first choice, he paints most of the multi million dollar vintage Ferraris in the area (I worked at the two Puyallup shops that build/restore them). If that isn't an option I will use Paramount as my 2nd choice.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:35 PM
JRE-C6
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=ZackRidesRed;1595011713]
Originally Posted by JRE-C6
​​​​​​
Thanks Jim, I am going to push for replacement factory painted bumpers but we will see. If I have to have paint work done John Byers custom paint in Aburn will be my first choice, he paints most of the multi million dollar vintage Ferraris in the area (I worked at the two Puyallup shops that build/restore them). If that isn't an option I will use Paramount as my 2nd choice.
I have done some work for Jon over the years, as well as for Craig Wick next door to Jon. I work on those multi million dollar cars for a living, and have the same clients as Byers. I have done finish work for J&L Fabrication as well as Butch Dennison's shop. Paramount still would be your best bet matching the factory set up. Btw, you can't get factory painted bumpers from GM. Good luck

Jim Emmi
Old 06-24-2017, 03:12 PM
ZackRidesRed
Navigator

[QUOTE=JRE-C6;1595012059]
Originally Posted by ZackRidesRed

I have done some work for Jon over the years, as well as for Craig Wick next door to Jon. I work on those multi million dollar cars for a living, and have the same clients as Byers. I have done finish work for J&L Fabrication as well as Butch Dennison's shop. Paramount still would be your best bet matching the factory set up. Btw, you can't get factory painted bumpers from GM. Good luck

Jim Emmi
Thank you again Jim, your help is very much appreciated. We have probably crossed paths at some point, small world. I spent a couple years between the two shops as a fabricator, the hunt for early retirement lead me back into my previous carrier.

I will contact Sunset Chevy on Monday and get the ball rolling and request Paramount. I had read on the forum somewhere about people requesting prepainted pannels from GM but realistically even if it was possible the quality of the work done at the factory is crap. My whole car has minor orange peel and a couple fish eyes.

​​​​​I was hoping to minimize down time by going prepainted but it's no big deal
​​​​

Get notified of new replies

To Dealership for warranty work

Quick Reply: Dealership for warranty work