Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Damaged Targa Top Repair?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 12:13 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Damaged Targa Top Repair?

Hello,

I recently purchased a painted top here on the forums and unfortunately it got damaged in transit due to top shifting. Other than this damage, the top is in impeccable condition.

Question 1: Is this top worth repairing? It sustained a hit to the right front corner and the fiberglass is cracked and frame is slightly bent.
Question 2: Is there a body shop in the greater Seattle area that does impeccable fiberglass repair work? I live in Edmonds, but would be willing to travel for the work to be done right the first time.

Cheers,
Alex

Old 07-16-2018, 06:35 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Give Dan or Kurt at Corvettes of Auburn a call. Several regulars on this board will vouch for their excellent service. They’ve worked on all 3 of my Corvettes over the last 14 years and I’m a very satisfied customer.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:22 AM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the information. I did actually reach out to them and talked with Kurt over there. He said it should be able to be repaired, just have to take it into him so he can look at it first before he can commit to it being able to be repaired.

I measured the crack while I was talking to Kurt, and it’s just over 3/4” so jot a very large crack. The black drip rail trim piece is a good portion of the cost of the repairs.

Get notified of new replies

To Damaged Targa Top Repair?

Quick Reply: Damaged Targa Top Repair?