paint progress, pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Georgia1974
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint progress, pics

Hi

Finished the body today, hoping to shoot the doors, bumpers and hood tomorrow, so far going well except for one place on the rear fender where I brushed the corner of my paint suit on the paint. ahhhhhhhhh.
Not sure if I can get it out colorsanding and buffing, may have to block with 600 and reshoot the fender. But other than that it turned out so far better than I expected for a first try at painting. I have been blocking for the last several weeks and I think it paid off.

Jeff

IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160/cjgeorgia/corvette/IMG_0203.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160/cjgeorgia/corvette/IMG_0207.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Jim Dillon
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great Jeff. Take great care in removing the flaw. Knock down the high area carefully before sanding any of the surrounding area and you may get lucky. It happens to all of us. There have been a number of times when I pulled a long day to get the job done and on the last coat I have committed similar sins. You'll get it done- Once you get it color sanded you will admire your good work every time you look at it-Jim
Old 06-25-2008, 08:57 AM
porchdog
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

when i have a high such as a sag ( and i do get them ) i put a piece of tape over it. then sand thru the tape. i get rid of 90% of it before ever touching the surrounding area.

Get notified of new replies

To paint progress, pics

Quick Reply: paint progress, pics