Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

C4 Mirror removal - how?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
c4sailor
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 Mirror removal - how?

Any recommendations on how to get the mirrors off? I have the doors opened up but not disassembled inside. I need to remove the mirrors in prep for paint. Problem is that there is a wire harness clip that is attached to the inside of the door and its nipples dont stick through the door panel. So, how do I get that clip to release so I can pull the wire loom out of the mirror mounting hole? Ideas?
Old 05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
PMARTINEZ92126
Racer

I removed mine on my 86. I dont remember it being too hard. I just unplugged the clip and pushed the wire through the hole on the door after i took the two nuts off holding the mirror in. I took a ton of photos so i would know how to put the car back together after I painted it. I will try and find the photos of the side mirrors when i get home
Old 05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
jbutta
Instructor

just did mine today. just unplug the harness and pull the wires through the hole in the door. takes less than 5 minutes.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:39 AM
samsonb
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you guys pulling the outside door handle? I'm a little confused on how to get that off. And I'm guessing you guys are taping the holes up inside the door with masking tape I presume? I pulled my door molding off my 89. Now I just have to figure out where to get that 4mm thick double sided tape from to put back under the bumper molding.

I plan on getting my 89 painted sometime. I'm gonna also pull the 3rd brake light as well as it has some sun spots on it.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:04 AM
Leonardo111
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's easier than it looks at first
Here's a good vid showing how to:

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Mirror removal - how?

Quick Reply: C4 Mirror removal - how?