Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Eastwood chassis painting products

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 12:34 AM
speedsk899
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Eastwood chassis painting products

I have searched and read a bunch about eastwood products, powdercoating, etc.....

I am interested to hear what people have to say about the eastwood products....I have read both good and bad reviews....

I like the idea of all of the products and they sound great in a prefect world where there are never any leaks. What about if you get brake fluid, engine oil, tranny fluid, gear oil on a chassis finished with their products? This is what happens in the real world.

I am building a car to drive, not to sit and be stared at and never driven
Old 05-30-2011, 05:17 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

they've been around a bunch of years, its been my experience that folks who complain about them , and any of the other companies for that matter, didnt read the directions, follow the directions, or used the product in a way it wasnt designed for. preperation is critical.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 AM
speedsk899
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by oldalaskaman
they've been around a bunch of years, its been my experience that folks who complain about them , and any of the other companies for that matter, didnt read the directions, follow the directions, or used the product in a way it wasnt designed for. preperation is critical.
I was kind of wondering that. If you go to their website and look at the Satin chassis black it has 4 reviews all of which are not great. It sucks when the only ones that write reviews are the ones that had a bad experience.....
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Black04Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good luck with the products that I've used over the years. Unfortunately, I never tried their Chassis Black.

I have tried Por-15 Chassis Black paint. I applied it on my jeep years ago and it still looks new. It's more of a satin finish when I prefer a matte finish.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:56 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by speedsk899
I was kind of wondering that. If you go to their website and look at the Satin chassis black it has 4 reviews all of which are not great. It sucks when the only ones that write reviews are the ones that had a bad experience.....
usually folks that are happy are out having fun, to busy to spend time on a puter whinning, folks that cant follow directions, whine.....bout everything
Old 05-31-2011, 07:36 PM
speedsk899
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by oldalaskaman
usually folks that are happy are out having fun, to busy to spend time on a puter whinning, folks that cant follow directions, whine.....bout everything
I agree with that! I take negative ratings with a grain of salt until there is proof because of what you said.....figured I would ask the actual users what they thought haha
Old 05-31-2011, 07:47 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by speedsk899
What about if you get brake fluid, engine oil, tranny fluid, gear oil on a chassis finished with their products? This is what happens in the real world.
The only one you really need to worry about is brake fluid. The other will come off with a mild cleaner...and usually being oil based contaminates...should not hurt whatever you apply on the frame...as long as prep procedures where conducted to ensure maximum adhesion.

Getting the maximum out of a product you yourself apply has EVERYTHING to do with NOT cutting corners on PREP!!!!!. Because if you do...then you will be "one of those" who becomes dissatisfied with a product and not give it a thumbs up.

AND I agree with many of you....I RARELY listen to bad reviews...UNLESS if coming from someone I know who does it RIGHT...and the product has failed on him several times. Then and only then will I believe it.

"DUB"

Get notified of new replies

To Eastwood chassis painting products

Quick Reply: Eastwood chassis painting products