Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

C3 Stripe decals

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Roadster71
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default C3 Stripe decals

Are there any vendors that offer decal stripes for chrome bumper c3's. Thinking of putting a hood and rear deck stripe on the car but want to be able to remove it If I don't like it.
Thanks
Old 06-03-2015, 05:38 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadster71
Are there any vendors that offer decal stripes for chrome bumper c3's. Thinking of putting a hood and rear deck stripe on the car but want to be able to remove it If I don't like it.
Thanks
These are the only stripes for a chrome bumper car that came from the factory.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...c3-hood-decals

Not knowing what KIND of stripes you are considering...such as racing stripes like on 1969 Camaro....or if you are looking for the generic pinstripes that were used on old Cadillacs.

I can say that if you use decal striping that is SUPPOSED to stay on the car ( kinda like the old Trans Am Firebird decal)...it can come off BUT...it is not EASY...and it can lift paint if when ti was painted...it was not prepped correctly.

If you are looking for a specific stripe that you want and can not find...contact a transport graphic company in your area and they can cut and make them for you...and often tiles they offer the vinyl that does not have a really aggressive adhesive on it so it can come off fairly easy with heat fun in someones hands who knows how to use it properly.

DUB
Old 06-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Roadster71
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
These are the only stripes for a chrome bumper car that came from the factory.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...c3-hood-decals

Not knowing what KIND of stripes you are considering...such as racing stripes like on 1969 Camaro....or if you are looking for the generic pinstripes that were used on old Cadillacs.

I can say that if you use decal striping that is SUPPOSED to stay on the car ( kinda like the old Trans Am Firebird decal)...it can come off BUT...it is not EASY...and it can lift paint if when ti was painted...it was not prepped correctly.

If you are looking for a specific stripe that you want and can not find...contact a transport graphic company in your area and they can cut and make them for you...and often tiles they offer the vinyl that does not have a really aggressive adhesive on it so it can come off fairly easy with heat fun in someones hands who knows how to use it properly.

DUB
Thinking of a racing stripe up the hood and across the back deck. Was looking for a site for some ideas.
Thanks for the response
Old 06-04-2015, 05:48 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadster71
Thinking of a racing stripe up the hood and across the back deck. Was looking for a site for some ideas.
Thanks for the response
AS I have written ...what I think does not matter due to peoples taste is what it is.

Maybe look at the paint design for the 1969 ZL-1 Corvette.

But just as a friendly suggestion. Sometimes people want me to do things to their Corvette that just do not work( my opinion). And by that I had a customer numerous years ago wanted his 70 painted the same light blue pastel color for a 1957 Chevy. Like I mentioned to him...I LOVE the color...but it does not work on this car. Wrong era.

Hopefully you find a concept that makes you happy and that is all that matters.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Stripe decals

Quick Reply: C3 Stripe decals