'72 Vette - nose bump repairs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Tim72vette
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '72 Vette - nose bump repairs

DUB
I did a frame off on a 1972 corvette, after all done/body work/painted, I notice 2 days later that I have nose bumps, now how am I'm going to remove them?
Old 04-05-2017, 06:21 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Are you sure you want me to answer this question...because the answer is NOT GOOD!

The answer would be a lot better if it had not been painted yet. THAT is where you problem lies...FRESH PAINT. And by fresh paint...I mean paint that has been applied within the past two years or so...and even longer than that also.

I am assuming that the bumps are raised up???

It will depends if you want to fix it ONCE and be done with it....or.... if you want fix it and then have to paint it again in about a year or so.

When I explain it to you...you will understand that what I am saying makes sense and TRUST ME....I have been there so I am speaking form experience. BUT...it also depends on how you want it to look when completed...and from the photo..I would assume you want it looking RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

You might need to take some antacid.

PM me and I will get you my shop number so we can talk....because me typing it out ...is something I would prefer not to do if we can talk.

DUB
Old 04-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Tim72vette
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1972 corvette

[
Please call me 920-819-5625 Tim
Thanksgivings

QUOTE=DUB;1594464461]Are you sure you want me to answer this question...because the answer is NOT GOOD!

The answer would be a lot better if it had not been painted yet. THAT is where you problem lies...FRESH PAINT. And by fresh paint...I mean paint that has been applied within the past two years or so...and even longer than that also.

I am assuming that the bumps are raised up???

It will depends if you want to fix it ONCE and be done with it....or.... if you want fix it and then have to paint it again in about a year or so.

When I explain it to you...you will understand that what I am saying makes sense and TRUST ME....I have been there so I am speaking form experience. BUT...it also depends on how you want it to look when completed...and from the photo..I would assume you want it looking RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

You might need to take some antacid.

PM me and I will get you my shop number so we can talk....because me typing it out ...is something I would prefer not to do if we can talk.

DUB[/QUOTE]

Get notified of new replies

To '72 Vette - nose bump repairs

Quick Reply: '72 Vette - nose bump repairs