Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Another fixable question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 04:04 PM
armybyrd
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Another fixable question

this bumper has slight damage and I was wondering if it's fixable? It obviously needs paint but Im curious as to if this is fixable? It's bowed in wards.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:40 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

The broken studs and have new ones welded in place of them and as for the buckle...it can be heated and work the bumper back out to where it belongs and then cooled down with water.

Obviously this one is going to be fun also due to having to remove ALL of the paint due to it is peeling off and it is NOT wise to leave any of it on the bumper...or you are just inviting PROBLEMS in the future.

DUB
Old 04-11-2017, 10:02 PM
armybyrd
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
The broken studs and have new ones welded in place of them and as for the buckle...it can be heated and work the bumper back out to where it belongs and then cooled down with water.

Obviously this one is going to be fun also due to having to remove ALL of the paint due to it is peeling off and it is NOT wise to leave any of it on the bumper...or you are just inviting PROBLEMS in the future.

DUB

i picked this up for $80 in case my yellow bumper on the car isn't fixable. I'm nowhere near getting the car ready for paint (in the middle of an lsx swap) but figured I'd look into things ahead of time. Is it harder to find a shop to work on vettes because of the fiberglass/smc or is it not that much different than dealing with metal bodies?
Old 04-12-2017, 05:38 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

SMC, metal, urethane and polyester fiberglass are all different to some degree when they are being repaired.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Another fixable question

Quick Reply: Another fixable question