Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

2014 rattle can paint ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Johnp94
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 123 Posts
Default 2014 rattle can paint ?

I'm going to paint the side skirts and front splitter with paint code match rattle can 2014 laguna blue. Is this two Stage or 3 Stage ? I know to use adhesive promoter ( bulldog ). But primer, base, pearl or just primer and pearl
Old 07-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Dave Tracy
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

Rather than rattle can, have it done right. As far as I know, the blue is a two stage so in addition to getting the metallic sprayed well from a can, it will need to be clear coated and polished. Likely there will be a color match issue.
The following users liked this post:
Johnp94 (07-14-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 06:30 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Without the actual 'WA' paint code...I would guess it is a two-stage. I have stopped a LONG time ago by going by a name of what GM calls the color due to many have the same name but are different paint formulas. Regardless if it is a new painter old paint color

Depending on what the parts are made out of will depend if using BULLDOG is the best way to do it or not. I use BULLDOG ADHESION PROMOTER ...BUT...I do not use it for everything....but that is just me and others may use it for everything....which I know on the can it says that it can be used for just about everything.

I agree with Dave. Using a rattle can mix may work...and then again it may not. I would advise you testing it first BEFORE you go and paint everything and find out that the color is not even close.

Unfortunately...by using an aerosol can ...you can not adjust air pressure and fluid volume in order to dial in the color and make it match...and not to mention the correct reducer/thinner for the air temperatures your are shooting at....which can also make a difference.

DUB
The following users liked this post:
Johnp94 (07-14-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 rattle can paint ?

Quick Reply: 2014 rattle can paint ?