Removing or loosening C7 passenger Fender Sump Tank Side

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 01:35 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
Default Removing or loosening C7 passenger Fender Sump Tank Side

I am trying to find a thread about loosening or removing C7 Z51 w/ Dry Sump Tank passenger side fender.

The Dry Sump Tank is blocking me from removing last fender screw because of the tank. I loosened a top screw and bottom screw but it doesn't give me enough play to get my hand in there with a wrench to loosed nut.

It is likely if I can loosen the fender all the way around it will provide the clearance needed but I don't seem to be able to find any threads on removing the fender.

I rather get specific instructions but worse case I'll figure it out by start taking logical screws that appear to support the fender.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:07 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I have not begun to buy C7 Corvette factory service manuals to add to my library of service manuals that would tell me that.

Let me guess....it is the screw or nut that is about half way down the door gap area....where the fender meets the door???

And not saying that GM is logical all the time....logic would dictate that during assembly the fender would be installed after all components in the engine bay have been already uninstalled to prevent paint damage.

DUB

Last edited by DUB; 03-25-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:34 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

It's a pain in the butt because the Sump Tank is backed in there.

I finally got it but I had to remove my side skirt, remove the fender screws underneath the body, remove the Sump tank Bolt at the top and move bolt from Sump Tank at bottom behind the wheel liner.

Do all of this and it allows you to pull the fender out and get your hand behind there but it is still tough or tight but I finally got the last screw.

Originally Posted by DUB
I have not begun to buy C7 Corvette factory service manuals to add to my library of service manuals that would tell me that.

Let me guess....it is the screw or nut that is about half way down the door gap area....where the fender meets the door???

And not saying that GM is logical all the time....logic would dictate that during assembly the fender would be installed after all components in the engine bay have been already uninstalled to prevent paint damage.

DUB
Old 03-26-2018, 06:56 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Glad that you got it.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Removing or loosening C7 passenger Fender Sump Tank Side

Quick Reply: Removing or loosening C7 passenger Fender Sump Tank Side