Updated Donneybrooke PPG code

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Mike H.
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Updated Donneybrooke PPG code

HI,
The local paint vendor informed me that the modern PPG and Matrix paint lines do not carry a 'carry-over' code for the 1970 Donneybrooke green. Apparently only the Omni line has the correct code and toners. I was trying to find a paint with better coverage than Omni. How have others matched the green (using a 48 year old paint chip card is not doing it for me)?
Thanks, Mike
Old 11-09-2018, 05:32 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

YES..I did two Donneybrooke green 1970's and I mixed it up with the NEXA paint I use. NEXA is sold where PPG is sold due to PPG bought the rights to sell ICI AUTOCOLOR and they changed the name due to conflict in major paint brands,

What I did for the owners was I bought the Donnerybrooke green in PPG lacquer and shot it on a panel and then I shot numerous different panels different greens and let them pick which color they liked.

Some of my test panels were super close to the Donneybrooke green color and both customers actually chose a color that I took out some of the silver metallic and added silver pearl to give the color a tad bit more radiance.

DUB

Last edited by DUB; 11-09-2018 at 05:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike H. (11-10-2018)

Quick Reply: Updated Donneybrooke PPG code