Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Question for Painters

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Supraman45
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Question for Painters

I watch many of the car repair shows and notice that many times, the painters are in the booth spraying with respirators but no eye protection. I realize that the paint would stick to a full mask but what about your eyes?
Old 03-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Jackie N
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

Maybe they add a few teaspoons of Vitamin A into the paint so it's good for their eyes :-D

Jokes aside, you wouldn't catch me in a booth full of chemical sprays without a full mask and respirator. Life's too short as is.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:12 PM
porchdog
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

i wear a full hood. sadly just because someone is a good painter does not mean they are not stupid .
Old 03-10-2019, 05:57 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman45
I watch many of the car repair shows and notice that many times, the painters are in the booth spraying with respirators but no eye protection. I realize that the paint would stick to a full mask but what about your eyes?
I use a full face fresh air respirator....a head sock...nitrile gloves.,...Tyvek paint suit and booties.

This just goes to show you that many of these shows have so many contradictions in them...I basically have stopped watching any of them. Heck....I work on Corvettes every day...the last thing I need to do is watch a show about restoring or repairing cars.

So..as you can basically tell that eye protection is important and that basically goes along with ANY exposed skin. Cover yourself up....especially if there are isocyanates in the products you shoot.

DUB
Old 03-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Supraman45
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Dub - Thanks for the response and thanks to all the others! That's what I thought and I share your disdain for the shows on TV. Most are just BS or reality show types!

Originally Posted by DUB
I use a full face fresh air respirator....a head sock...nitrile gloves.,...Tyvek paint suit and booties.

This just goes to show you that many of these shows have so many contradictions in them...I basically have stopped watching any of them. Heck....I work on Corvettes every day...the last thing I need to do is watch a show about restoring or repairing cars.

So..as you can basically tell that eye protection is important and that basically goes along with ANY exposed skin. Cover yourself up....especially if there are isocyanates in the products you shoot.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Question for Painters

Quick Reply: Question for Painters