Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts
Default #3 Mounting Bolt PS Access Panel

Best way to re-bond this panel ?

Old 04-18-2019, 09:37 AM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

IF when you push on this panel and it goes back in the same area where it separated from...You can simply clean and scuff the exposed fibers and apply Vette Panel Adhesive and that will bond it back and hold.

OF this separation is FRESH adn just happened so the fibers have bot been exposed to crap and crud...you can simply put the VPA on it and bond it right back together due to the rough exposed fibers will work as a good surface for bonding. Maybe just scuff off some loose fibers ....if any.

IF you do not want to go out and buy a quart of BPA for this. Then using a 2 part epoxy adhesive is needed and that may or may not cost more than the VPA will cost.

Using the small epoxy adhesives from a hardware store is up to you. Not saying that they will not work...but I do not need them due to having the correct stuff on hand at my shop.

DUB
Old 04-18-2019, 09:01 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
IF when you push on this panel and it goes back in the same area where it separated from...You can simply clean and scuff the exposed fibers and apply Vette Panel Adhesive and that will bond it back and hold.

OF this separation is FRESH adn just happened so the fibers have bot been exposed to crap and crud...you can simply put the VPA on it and bond it right back together due to the rough exposed fibers will work as a good surface for bonding. Maybe just scuff off some loose fibers ....if any.

IF you do not want to go out and buy a quart of BPA for this. Then using a 2 part epoxy adhesive is needed and that may or may not cost more than the VPA will cost.

Using the small epoxy adhesives from a hardware store is up to you. Not saying that they will not work...but I do not need them due to having the correct stuff on hand at my shop.

DUB
Thanks DUB.

Get notified of new replies

To #3 Mounting Bolt PS Access Panel

Quick Reply: #3 Mounting Bolt PS Access Panel