Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

CAN'T GET a CONSISTENT BURN OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:35 AM
plumberh2o
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CAN'T GET a CONSISTENT BURN OUT!

i AM TRYING TO TURN MY CAR INTO A CONSISTENT Bracket racer.
But I can not get a consistent burn out with my 2004 coupe.
what do I need to do? I have put in a line lock but still can't keep the tires spinning for more then 4 or 5 seconds. Even with traction control off.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:43 AM
lilgbz28
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walk us through your steps on how you are doing this. Is it a stick or auto car? Are you getting enough water on your tiers before burnouts. Even thou traction control is off does it still act like its kicking in?
Old 06-24-2014, 12:46 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

? I have put in a line lock but still can't keep the tires spinning for more then 4 or 5 seconds. Even with traction control off.[/QUOTE]

with the traction control off? Mine's exactly the same way, but it will burn the tires to the ground in competative driving mode..whether I use the line lock or not..which is always how I go down the track anyway.....
Old 06-25-2014, 04:27 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by lilgbz28
Walk us through your steps on how you are doing this. Is it a stick or auto car? Are you getting enough water on your tiers before burnouts. Even thou traction control is off does it still act like its kicking in?
More info here.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:53 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 324 Likes on 265 Posts

I can fog mine down to the cords. I don't have a line lock. Well, not on the car anyway.
I turn the TC off. I don't use competitive mode.
I also zeroed all of the abuse, torque management and TC timing that you can get at in the PCM.

But still, if I hold the brakes too hard, it will bog and tell me to FO!

Ron
Old 06-26-2014, 10:00 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Your question was asked a couple of days ago and you haven't replied to anyone yet. Since we don't know if you have an auto or manual transmission, I'll offer this bit of advice since you have a line lock. If A4, put your trans in 2 (which will start the car in 2nd, not 1st) then after you've rolled thru the water, light em up. You'll have enough power to do so and you can hold it longer than 4 or 5 seconds plus you can spin em up to a faster wheel rpm (speed). If you have an M6, do the same. Start out in 2nd gear and light em after you roll thru the water. Either method should get em heated up properly. Don't forget to shift to your preferred starting gear after the burnout. Hope this helps.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

My line lock is sitting on my LMAO blower....roll out (6sp) and a quick spin in water box stab the brakes and press the go pedal! Even with my Hoosiers WTF!

Last edited by fisher auto; 08-03-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To CAN'T GET a CONSISTENT BURN OUT!

Quick Reply: CAN'T GET a CONSISTENT BURN OUT!