CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   NavTool (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3781367-navtool.html)

BRomanelli 02-16-2016 01:29 PM

NavTool

Well its seems as though all of the NavTool threads have disappeared. What's going on???? I posted yesterday asking for the where I was in the ship date group and got no answer. Is this going to wind up being a scam or what?? I have made no modifications like some of you others but if this winds up being crap it just pisses me off. I'd like to hear what NavTool has to say or have they stopped answering emails. In my post I was 66 if I remember correctly. So where do I stand if in fact they are going to make delivery. Has anyone tried to call them!!!!
If I hear nothing I guess I will try and cancel and contact my credit card company by the end of next week for sure.

Flame Red 02-16-2016 02:02 PM

:iagree: I just checked my subscriptions and the Preorder thread and Beta thread have been deleted! What the F is going on here? Is the forum in cahoots? Or has the forum finally stepped up and is getting rid of Navtool as a vendor? That would be outstanding!

So all the research I did on cameras and all the posts I made with install information are gone.

I was debating on whither on not to dispute the charge, but now it looks like there is little doubt there is something nefarious going on.

Has anyone contacted the authorities yet? This is interstate, so it is a federal wrap?

Patches 02-16-2016 02:09 PM

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-updates.html

Flame Red 02-16-2016 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Patches (Post 1591568894)

Right, that is the "new" pre-order thead without the details of time lines we had in the original pre-order thread. Is someone doing a Lois Lerner? :smash:

meyerweb 02-16-2016 02:16 PM

Forum vendors pay for special treatment, and CFCU gives it to them. If people don't contact their credit card companies now they get what they deserve. This thing just screams scam.

navtool.com 02-16-2016 03:08 PM

the threads got deleted, because they contained information that is not useful to anyone and it made mess in the thread and became personal instead of informational

we are here and not going anywhere, we made new post, and ask customers to subscribe, people were questioning our ability to fulfill orders or support prodcuts.

we created new thread with all reference of recent groupbuys and support

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-updates.html

we are not going anywhere we are here to help

navtool.com 02-16-2016 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Flame Red (Post 1591568846)
:iagree: I just checked my subscriptions and the Preorder thread and Beta thread have been deleted! What the F is going on here? Is the forum in cahoots? Or has the forum finally stepped up and is getting rid of Navtool as a vendor? That would be outstanding!

So all the research I did on cameras and all the posts I made with install information are gone.

I was debating on whither on not to dispute the charge, but now it looks like there is little doubt there is something nefarious going on.

Has anyone contacted the authorities yet? This is interstate, so it is a federal wrap?

I'm sorry but because threads were starting to get filled with with allegations that had nothing to do with reality, they became useless.

I believe you did great research on camera, if you could repost that many members would appreciate it.

navtool.com 02-16-2016 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Flame Red (Post 1591568922)
Right, that is the "new" pre-order thead without the details of time lines we had in the original pre-order thread. Is someone doing a Lois Lerner? :smash:

the time lines are all day, the are in the beginning please read carefully

robert miller 02-16-2016 03:24 PM

ttt

I know you guys are good in other auto. But please give me a message when it is all said and done. That is with shipping and item to be out to ship.

I know I will pay more but willing to do so for a good item like this for my car.:thumbs: Robert

navtool.com 02-16-2016 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1591569486)
I know you guys are good in other auto. But please give me a message when it is all said and done. That is with shipping and item to be out to ship.

I know I will pay more but willing to do so for a good item like this for my car.:thumbs: Robert

thank you

Flame Red 02-16-2016 03:56 PM

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1591569746

Blvdbrawler 02-16-2016 04:10 PM

Hummmmm...How many of you gave money for this? Just curious...

C7-Beast 02-16-2016 04:49 PM

NavTool,
When you ship the 30 preorders left, please let us know so we can order:thumbs:

Those who get this, please let us know your thoughts.

C7-Beast 02-16-2016 04:55 PM

Why the hostility? I'm interested in the product, once released. I thought my question was exactly why you started this new thread? My mistake. You don't seem very professional.

EDIT: Why did you remove your post with the tiraid? I accepted your apology via PM and then you delete the post? Not cool.

Zymurgy 02-16-2016 05:26 PM

OK, the vendor bashing ends NOW.

If you have an unresolved purchase dispute with a vendor or another forum member, those get posted in the Transactions Feedback section. Any such post must follow the rules outlined in that section (only post after all other efforts to resolve the dispute have failed, must be a factual post not ranting, etc.). Anyone who continues to bash a vendor that does not follow the forum rules is asking for trouble.

AdamV 02-16-2016 05:34 PM

Honestly, if your company worked diligently on getting the product done the same way you take time to reply with ultimatums (my personal fave bc it's crappy customer service and your go to line is "if you don't want it then cancel") and shady answers then I think you would have a shot at making all these unhappy people happy again.

But, do you see why people are angry and agitated? I mean honestly "Sammy", you send someone your CC info. Get charged. You get no real solid proof of a product other than a short video. Lots of shady answers. Delays. Lots of Internet threads unhappy with product delivery such as this one.What would you think? My guess is that you would begin to doubt. If your answer is to stick with your order and have faith then you are exactly what we all think you are.

You are smart guy "Sammy", and if it's a scam then it is what it is(sucks for the people who got their money taken), you scammed a couple of 100k and moved on to your next target or drag this for another year until people give up. After all it's only a couple hundred and people have to think if it's worth the fight. The forum members get stuck with the bill and are pissed bc you now have their CC info. I haven't heard anyone say they had fraudulent charges so its actually smart to only use their CC card one time, you know, to avoid getting caught. Shows you have thought this through. But eventually it all comes back in some manner.

Truth be told, I hoped it was a real product. And yes I can say that bc I don't know if it is real. And hope you can save face by answering honestly what you would think if you were one of these members. They want you to agree that the whole process sucked, should have been better thought out and delivered within a reasonable time. They don't want you to compare yourself to apple or companies similar that have delays bc those companies have credibility and right now yours doesn't. Call this spam if you wish but it's the truth at this point, love it or hate it.

navtool.com 02-16-2016 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by AdamV (Post 1591570478)
Honestly, if your company worked diligently on getting the product done the same way you take time to reply with ultimatums (my personal fave bc it's crappy customer service and your go to line is "if you don't want it then cancel") and shady answers then I think you would have a shot at making all these unhappy people happy again.

But, do you see why people are angry and agitated? I mean honestly "Sammy", you send someone your CC info. Get charged. You get no real solid proof of a product other than a short video. Lots of shady answers. Delays. Lots of Internet threads unhappy with product delivery such as this one.What would you think? My guess is that you would begin to doubt. If your answer is to stick with your order and have faith then you are exactly what we all think you are.

You are smart guy "Sammy", and if it's a scam then it is what it is(sucks for the people who got their money taken), you scammed a couple of 100k and moved on to your next target or drag this for another year until people give up. After all it's only a couple hundred and people have to think if it's worth the fight. The forum members get stuck with the bill and are pissed bc you now have their CC info. I haven't heard anyone say they had fraudulent charges so its actually smart to only use their CC card one time, you know, to avoid getting caught. Shows you have thought this through. But eventually it all comes back in some manner.

Truth be told, I hoped it was a real product. And yes I can say that bc I don't know if it is real. And hope you can save face by answering honestly what you would think if you were one of these members. They want you to agree that the whole process sucked, should have been better thought out and delivered within a reasonable time. They don't want you to compare yourself to apple or companies similar that have delays bc those companies have credibility and right now yours doesn't. Call this spam if you wish but it's the truth at this point, love it or hate it.

this was pre-order on a new product form the start, we made a post while product was in final testing phase, at the exact same time we had another post ruining for beta testers.

we had scheduled delivery for January 26th and notified of a delay,

meanwhile we were posting products updates, and all the information that is now deleted

we were showing people how products work , how we got original harnesses

how we got new enclosures, how one side of enclosure came in

until one person decided to crash the party

we are not a startup , we are 12 year in business, with successful track record

50+ people

http://acurazine.com/forums/sponsore...oup-buy-936644

35 people

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...group-buy.html

when customer has a problem, i try to fix it, customer is happy

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...y-drain-2.html

Scoobydoobydoo 02-16-2016 06:08 PM

Sammy, I drove by your New Jersey location in hopes of getting some more info and to look at previous units your company built. Unfortunately the address led me to a small office park subdivided into 6 or so buildings none of which had your sign on it. Could you verify the address so that I can try again. I have never seen your product and would like to talk to someone about it. I have a relative with a newer Camaro and your company offers a unit for that car. I'd be interested in getting more info to see what's involved installing it and the operation.

Thanks

navtool.com 02-16-2016 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobydoobydoo (Post 1591570720)
Sammy, I drove by your New Jersey location in hopes of getting some more info and to look at previous units your company built. Unfortunately the address led me to a small office park subdivided into 6 or so buildings none of which had your sign on it. Could you verify the address so that I can try again. I have never seen your product and would like to talk to someone about it. I have a relative with a newer Camaro and your company offers a unit for that car. I'd be interested in getting more info to see what's involved installing it and the operation.

Thanks

as i have mentioned before i work out of NYC facility which is 10 minutes away, in NJ it's our research center

C7-Beast 02-16-2016 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobydoobydoo (Post 1591570720)

Thanks

Hey Scooby, here is the address listed on their web site..

Mailing address:
NavTool, Inc
260 Christopher Lane,
Suite 101,
Staten Island NY 10314