Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

2007 Petit Le Mans ... Information Needed eh?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:00 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2007 Petit Le Mans ... Information Needed eh?

Greeting from the Canadian Section of the Corvette Forum!

Well this past weekend at Mosport ... The Canadian Section of the Corvette Forum won the Club Participation award, which makes two wins including Mid-Ohio ...

Here is one of our Pic Links from Mosport ...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1796636

So now there is alot of interest up here to attend the Petit Le Mans Race at Road Atlanta in October.

Can anyone out there that has attended, or is planning on attending, the race give us some helpful tips on attending this race...

We need some information on good hotels to stay at ... where the wives and girlfriends can go to shop when not at the race track ... interesting sites around town ... road work, detours and stuff like that to help our drive down from the Great White North ... Golf Cart Rentals at the track ... Corvette Corral info. ... the basics!

All information is appreciated and welcome ... and we hope to meet up with alot of our American Corvette Forum Brothers and Sisters at Petit Le Mans.

Mark
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the Petit Le Mans and looking forward to it ! Last year I was in the Corvette Coral and it was well worth it. Mall of Georgia is down the interstate from the track. Also several antique stores nearby.

A little off topic - I send a lot of carpet to Krauss McMahon in Mississauga.

Some of my pics from last year:
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...PLM/?start=all

Other info:
http://roadatlanta.com/accomod.lasso

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 08-28-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:56 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
I love the Petit Le Mans and looking forward to it ! Last year I was in the Corvette Coral and it was well worth it. Mall of Georgia is down the interstate from the track. Also several antique stores nearby.

A little off topic - I send a lot of carpet to Krauss McMahon in Mississauga.

Some of my pics from last year:
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...PLM/?start=all

Other info:
http://roadatlanta.com/accomod.lasso
Thanks for your input, much appreciated!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Zippy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In 2, 9 & 10 Veteran
St Jude donor '09

This year will be my first time at Road Atlanta. Can't wait.
Close by hotels are sold out weeks ago. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:22 AM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
Greeting from the Canadian Section of the Corvette Forum!

Well this past weekend at Mosport ... The Canadian Section of the Corvette Forum won the Club Participation award, which makes two wins including Mid-Ohio ...

Here is one of our Pic Links from Mosport ...

So now there is alot of interest up here to attend the Petit Le Mans Race at Road Atlanta in October.

Can anyone out there that has attended, or is planning on attending, the race give us some helpful tips on attending this race...

We need some information on good hotels to stay at ... where the wives and girlfriends can go to shop when not at the race track ... interesting sites around town ... road work, detours and stuff like that to help our drive down from the Great White North ... Golf Cart Rentals at the track ... Corvette Corral info. ... the basics!

All information is appreciated and welcome ... and we hope to meet up with alot of our American Corvette Forum Brothers and Sisters at Petit Le Mans.

Mark
Mark,

I went to the Road Atlanta website and they don't have a good listing of nearby attractions page with things to do for the "other halfs".

Tickets and Corvette Corral parking are bit steep in my opinion versus Sebring but what the heck, you can't take it with you, right?

I have a reservation at the Comfort Suites in Cumming; it's a little bit of a drive (~30 miles) but a lot closer than the 75 mile drive from Lakeland to Sebring I had back in March.... According to the hotel's website, there are still rooms available for <$100 per night, double occupancy.

BTW, remember this?

or this?

or this?

or this?

I know we can do without that again...Eh?

It will be good to see you again.

John

Last edited by LJD51; 09-01-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Do you have information on how to order tickets for the corral ? Last year, I ordered through the SCCA and got a discount price and wasn't even a member. Are there more Vettes coming with you ? I'm tempted to stay Friday night and if we are there in numbers it will be safer for the cars.

Originally Posted by LJD51
John
Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
Do you have information on how to order tickets for the corral ? Last year, I ordered through the SCCA and got a discount price and wasn't even a member. Are there more Vettes coming with you ? I'm tempted to stay Friday night and if we are there in numbers it will be safer for the cars.
You have to call the ticket sales office and order them along with how ever many day pass you are getting. I am going for a 3 day pass (Thurs - Saturday). I have the figure written down at work somewhere and will try to find it.

If you are active or reserve duty or retired military, you can get a discount.

I have a buddy from NJ who is coming down if the warden will give him a "Get out of jail free" card for the weekend, but he is staying in Athens.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:04 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Mark,

I went to the Road Atlanta website and they don't have a good listing of nearby attractions page with things to do for the "other halfs".

BTW, remember this?

I know we can do without that again...Eh?

It will be good to see you again.

John
Hey John!

It will be good to see you again as well!

We had a small moment at Mosport, that brought back memories of Sebring

and come to think of it ... our Mid-Ohio trip had a bit of rain as well during the drive down!

Here are some pic threads from our Mosport weekend ...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1794946
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1795718
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1795711
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1799144

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 08-31-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
C5nNC
Racer

Default SHopping and Hotel updates

I am pretty familiar with the area around Road Atlanta. The track is located on I-85 about 20 miles north of Atlanta. The exit number is 126 0r 129. You can stay at the Chateau Elan or the Holiday Inn Express at Exit 126. I usually travel south to exit 104 Pleasant Hill Rd. There is a Holiday Inn Express (770) 935-7171 and Comfort Suites (770) 931-9299 there. The Gwinnett Mall is just across the street and tons of restaurants as well. You can also go to the Discovery Mills Mall in less than 5 minutes. Downtown Atlanta is about 30 minutes. If you plan to do more in Atlanta than just the track, this is a great location.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:07 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'13-'14

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:45 AM
C6 Doberman
Burning Brakes

You can go south 2 exits down 85 and there is the mall of Ga. I think it is the second largest mall in the country! They could spend the whole weekend there while you are at the track. I look forward to meeting some forum members at the track. I only live about 15 minutes from the track.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 AM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6 Doberman
I look forward to meeting some forum members at the track. I only live about 15 minutes from the track.
Will you take $70.00 per night?

I had a blast at Sebring and look forward to Petit LeMans...it will be good to see some of the CF members also.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:00 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Will you take $70.00 per night?

I had a blast at Sebring and look forward to Petit LeMans...it will be good to see some of the CF members also.

Yep ... after my trip to Sebring ... all the Canadian Forum guys were pumped about doing some trips as well ... we normally do Mosport ... but we thought other tracks would be fun too ... a bunch of us went to Mid-Ohio ... and now it looks like we should have around the same, if not better, participation for Petit Le Mans.

Mark
Old 09-04-2007, 08:45 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
Yep ... after my trip to Sebring ... all the Canadian Forum guys were pumped about doing some trips as well ... we normally do Mosport ... but we thought other tracks would be fun too ... a bunch of us went to Mid-Ohio ... and now it looks like we should have around the same, if not better, participation for Petit Le Mans.

Mark
Have you booked your room(s) yet?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'13-'14

Have you booked your room(s) yet?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

http://www.imsaracing.net/2007/car%2...20Corvette.pdf
Old 09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

I'll be there!

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Petit Le Mans ... Information Needed eh?

Old 09-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Frank69
Advanced

This is great info....keep it coming. We are coming out from southern California, making the road trip along I-40 and catching a bit of old Route 66 on the way. It's our first time at Petit LeMans. We're staying at the Courtyard by Marriott near the Gwinnett Mall. It looked like a convenient location, can anyone confirm? Also, we got 3-day Chalet Hospitality tickets, but we're not sure of the seating. Is there grandstand seating or should we try and bring folding chairs to sit in the infield? Anything else that Petit LeMans veterans add would be appreciated.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Big Kidd
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smallblock427
This year will be my first time at Road Atlanta. Can't wait.
Close by hotels are sold out weeks ago. Good luck.
You can also look for hotels in Buford, Georgia and Suwanee, Georgia. These cities are just south of where Road Atlanta is.

Also, the Mall of Georgia is located in Buford, Georgia (for the ladies).

Hope this helps.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 AM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Future Vette
You can also look for hotels in Buford, Georgia and Suwanee, Georgia. These cities are just south of where Road Atlanta is.

Also, the Mall of Georgia is located in Buford, Georgia (for the ladies).

Hope this helps.
Although it's 27 miles from from the hotel, the Comfort Suites at 905 Buford Rd, Cumming, GA, (770) 889-4141 still had these rooms available:

1 King Bed, Suite, Max Occupancy: 2 persons 1 Room Suite Partial Room Divider Love Seat Free High-Speed Internet Access Microwave Refrigerator from 98.99

2 Double Beds, Suite, Max Occupancy: 4 persons 1 Room Suite Partial Room Divider Love Seat Free High-Speed Internet Access Microwave Refrigerator from 103.49

2 Double Beds, Suite, Handicapped, Max Occupancy: 4 persons 1 Room Suite Partial Room Divider Free High-Speed Internet Access Hair Dryer Microwave Refrigerator from 103.49

1 King Bed, Suite, Max Occupancy: 2 persons 1 Room Suite Partial Room Divider 2 Person Whirlpool-In Bath Free High-Speed Internet Access Hair Dryer from 107.10

Hope this helps...

Quick Reply: 2007 Petit Le Mans ... Information Needed eh?