Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Charleston DoubleTree Hotel

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 09:46 AM
javenius
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Charleston DoubleTree Hotel

Headed to this hotel in the historic district of Charleston in a couple of days. They have valet parking only under the hotel. . Called there a few weeks ago and asked if I could park my own car. Was politely told no "we have expensive cars here all the time".

I will put it in valet mode but I'm more concerned about them hitting the nose on a high curb or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel?

Thanks
Jim
Old 11-04-2018, 05:05 AM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

Member Contact forum Sox-Fan, he may know, or know someone here who can help.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:18 AM
2xsl_1998
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

We actually stayed there earlier this year, and there is a nice large public parking area just across the street from it. Since we were basically walking everywhere, I just parked in that lot and was able to find a nice spot and didn't use the hotel valet. From what I can recall there wasn't much difference in price either.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:36 AM
javenius
Racer

Originally Posted by 2xsl_1998
We actually stayed there earlier this year, and there is a nice large public parking area just across the street from it. Since we were basically walking everywhere, I just parked in that lot and was able to find a nice spot and didn't use the hotel valet. From what I can recall there wasn't much difference in price either.
Thanks! Is the neighborhood safe enough to leave the car in that open lot for the few days we'll be there?
Old 11-04-2018, 09:39 AM
mtaxman
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 215 Posts

Do a walk around video as you check in....tell manager you have documented the condition and mileage, show him the car or video...particularly the front splitter.
Can't be too careful...or park across the street as suggested above.
Enjoy Charleston; great city.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:09 AM
2xsl_1998
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by javenius
Thanks! Is the neighborhood safe enough to leave the car in that open lot for the few days we'll be there?
Well there are definitely a lot of people in the area, but we didn't have any issues and we stayed there for 3 days. Left the car in that parking area the whole time, but I was able to find a good parking spot on the end of a row so no real fear of door dings, etc.

Take a look at it on Google maps and see what you think. You can zoom right in on the parking lot and pick out your spot in advance, LOL!
Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by S.C. vette
Member Contact forum Sox-Fan, he may know, or know someone here who can help.
Thanks for the shout out.

I haven't stayed at the Double Tree, but I can ask around. I do know some people that work in that neighborhood. It is true that most of the places in that area have had a number of expensive cars come visit, and generally do a good job of it. Just be sure to point out the valet how low the nose is. As mentioned there are a number of other places to park that may make you more comfortable.

When is your stay going to be?
Old 11-04-2018, 07:50 PM
javenius
Racer

Thanks for the reply. We arrive Tuesday 11/6 and leave Thursday 11/8.

Jim Avenius
Old 11-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

I'd suppose your here by now. Sorry for being tardy. Had a difficult day yesterday.

Anyhow, I asked around, but none of the folks I know were familiar with the valet service there, so I'm afraid I don't have much to offer.

Please enjoy your stay. Weather looks good, maybe a shower on thursday.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:05 PM
javenius
Racer

Thanks for all the replies. We had a great few days in Charleston. The Double Tree was a great central location and the valet parking was great. They took great care with the car. Watched the on board valet videos and there was no issues.

Jim
The following users liked this post:
Sox-Fan (11-08-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Charleston DoubleTree Hotel

Quick Reply: Charleston DoubleTree Hotel