Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Suggestion for an experienced LT1 tuner (using hptuners) in Northern VA area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 08:39 PM
ashmostro
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Suggestion for an experienced LT1 tuner (using hptuners) in Northern VA area?

As the title states, I'm looking for an experienced tuner that will also work with me to help me learn more about my platform as I aim to tune my LT1-shod GS (C7) to my liking for track duty. I'm looking for smoother and more modulateable throttle, and of course optimized power based on the engine mods. Currently that's nil, but I intend to go with long tubes and maybe an axle back to free up some torque down low, and a little bit more HP up top. Not looking for big numbers as much as improved driveability for road race and street application.

I am using the HPtuners platform (MPVI2), and I am located in the DC metro area, in Northern Virginia.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations,
-Ash

Last edited by ashmostro; 04-15-2019 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:33 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Come on down to Hampton Roads and Ed Hutchings from High Tech Tuning will take care of you!! He probably can work w you via email.
The following users liked this post:
ashmostro (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:12 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

I'm in the same area and take my car to Race Proven Motorsports in New Castle, DE for any tuning-related work. They're well-known for the LS/LT platforms.
ashmostro (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:47 AM
ashmostro
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the recommendations folks! Both of these shops are over 2 hours from me. Do you know if these tuners work remotely with local facilities with dynos? I’d be supplying the pc and hp tuners platform.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

I don't believe that Fran at RPM does remote tuning. If you're looking to do remote tuning, you just need to find a dyno to use and then you can find any tuner to work with remotely.

Moore Automotive in Fairfax does some LS/LT work, but is mostly an import shop so that's why I prefer to use RPM.
ashmostro (04-15-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Suggestion for an experienced LT1 tuner (using hptuners) in Northern VA area?

Quick Reply: Suggestion for an experienced LT1 tuner (using hptuners) in Northern VA area?